The Student Room Group

Lust for a 15 year old girl?

Hello,
So so I’m 18 right now and both our birthdays are this month. I have thought about this girl for a long time and think I developed a big crush on her. I haven’t actually spoken to her though. I don’t know what to do? I think she’s very attractive but will it be fine to pursue this relationship?
I have thought about this girl a lot and maybe there will be a connection maybe there won’t?
Just want your opinions.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
So so I’m 18 right now and both our birthdays are this month. I have thought about this girl for a long time and think I developed a big crush on her. I haven’t actually spoken to her though. I don’t know what to do? I think she’s very attractive but will it be fine to pursue this relationship?
I have thought about this girl a lot and maybe there will be a connection maybe there won’t?
Just want your opinions.

Grow a pair and make a decision. You’re 18 and don’t need us telling you what you should do.
No it's not. It's illegal in the UK.

Wait until she's 16. Then make your move. Don't be surprised if you get rejected.
If you can't wait till she's 16, find someone else. Someone of legal age.
Reply 3
Go for it bro 'yolo' and all that - albeit for legalities sake consider holding off before trying to umm cement the relationship.
With that being said do you mean she turns 16 when you turn 19 i assume? In which case rock on.
Find someone your own age.
Original post by Duncan2012
Grow a pair and make a decision. You’re 18 and don’t need us telling you what you should do.
Yeah but as responsible members of this online posting community, we should never condone something that is illegal.

Regardless of what we actually think of the law in question.

If the 15 year old in question lived in France, Germany or Austria it'd be a different kettle of fish.
And if we were in South Korea, the age of consent would be 20.
leave her alone and let her focus on her gcse's mate
Reply 7
Original post by Napp
Go for it bro 'yolo' and all that - albeit for legalities sake consider holding off before trying to umm cement the relationship.
With that being said do you mean she turns 16 when you turn 19 i assume? In which case rock on.

Yeah I do mean that
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Yeah but as responsible members of this online posting community, we should never condone something that is illegal.

Regardless of what we actually think of the law in question.

If the 15 year old in question lived in France, Germany or Austria it'd be a different kettle of fish.
And if we were in South Korea, the age of consent would be 20.

OP hasn’t even spoken to the girl yet, so we’re not talking about age of consent issues or condoning anything illegal, per se. Dating under 16 is not illegal. My point was that it’s for OP to decide what to do.
Reply 9
Yeah I do mean that

Then its close enough the law wont care [most likely]
Reply 10
you might as well hold off till the end of the month and then proceed considering both your ages...........
Original post by Duncan2012
OP hasn’t even spoken to the girl yet, so we’re not talking about age of consent issues or condoning anything illegal, per se. Dating under 16 is not illegal. My point was that it’s for OP to decide what to do.
Grooming 15 year olds is illegal in the UK.
So yes we may well be looking at an illegal act here, even if the OP says he intends waiting till she's 16 for any sexual activity.
So yes we may well be looking at an illegal act here, even if the OP says he intends waiting till she's 16 for any sexual activity.

Are you mad, going out with a 15 year old to Nando’s is not illegal in any sense.
Original post by Andrew97
Are you mad, going out with a 15 year old to Nando’s is not illegal in any sense.
Yes it is, if the intent is there to attempt to move it onto a sexual level.

From what was said in the opening post, there's a suggestion that that may well be the intent of the 18 year old man here.

From what was said in the opening post, there's a suggestion that that may well be the intent of the 18 year old man here.

So what you’re saying is I 100% shouldn’t speak to her until she’s 16 to avoid all troubles?
So what you’re saying is I 100% shouldn’t speak to her until she’s 16 to avoid all troubles?
Yes.
Beyond the blandest of polite conversations, should you happen to bump into each other.

You’re being silly. Nothing in the OP indicates grooming. So no, there’s no illegal act. Hence my advice for OP to make up his own mind still stands.
Yes.
Beyond the blandest of polite conversations, should you happen to bump into each other.

Yes ok. Well it’s this month anyway so it’s not too long. Wish me the best of luck! Will post in this thread if anyone wants on how it goes.
Reply 18
in my opinion just speak to her but dont tell her that u have feeling for her yet until she is 16.

If the OP is not looking into sexual activity with a girl at 15/16 years of age then its legal to go out with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending