The Student Room Group

Boyfriend mad at me for a silly reason

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
He sounds abusive and from what you've said it isn't uncommon either. While I don't have the whole picture it sounds like you'd be better off with someone else.
Original post by Anonymous
I dropped a long paragraph to him as soon as I responded to this, and I shouldn't have checked it again because its been 15 minutes and he starting the emotional abuse again and isnt stopping like he is continuing right now. I feel like absolute ****.

Okay yeah he was mad after the paragraph and it wasnt emotional abuse" but he just wants to talkI dont know if I should
Drop him. Find yourself a new boo :wink: seriously though, it’s extremely unhealthy and manipulative, you don’t want to risk it escalating.
So yesterday my boyfriend saw that another guy and I became friends on playstation, you know on the feed? Anyways it was strange because it said I hadnt been on it in months...maybe my brother was on it or something but it definitely wasnt me who added him.
He ended up swearing at me a lot calling me a ****ing liar, slút, piece of sh*t, Im done with you, go to hell, just die, you disgust me and just leave me and a lot more.
He normally says things like this but I dont know if its healthy or not. And when I tried to explain to him that it wasnt me he wouldnt believe me for hours, until he made me swear to god and on him "basically promise" that it wasnt me and when I did that he was better after. But he should have trusted me from the start when I said it and he didnt which bothers me a lot. Im still upset about it now even though it happened yesterday but should I just dump him? I love him a lot and we've been together for a long time...

Leave him as soon as possible
This guy is super manipulative. The fact you can't tell anyone about him and you're scared of his reactions says it all. You don't need to talk about anything with him anymore... just block him on all social media and stay away from him. His mental health is not your concern - he has forced you to leave him by treating you like crap and TBH the mental health stuff will be mostly lies to stop you leaving anyway. If he knows where you live/your school/etc then you should tell someone just to keep yourself safe as you don't know how he might react.
you need to BREAK UP WITH HIM GIRL!!!! NOT RIGHT HOW HES TREATING YOU
So yesterday my boyfriend saw that another guy and I became friends on playstation, you know on the feed? Anyways it was strange because it said I hadnt been on it in months...maybe my brother was on it or something but it definitely wasnt me who added him.
He ended up swearing at me a lot calling me a ****ing liar, slút, piece of sh*t, Im done with you, go to hell, just die, you disgust me and just leave me and a lot more.
He normally says things like this but I dont know if its healthy or not. And when I tried to explain to him that it wasnt me he wouldnt believe me for hours, until he made me swear to god and on him "basically promise" that it wasnt me and when I did that he was better after. But he should have trusted me from the start when I said it and he didnt which bothers me a lot. Im still upset about it now even though it happened yesterday but should I just dump him? I love him a lot and we've been together for a long time...

add me on xbox x

... and you accepted him insulting you???? Come on! Respect yourself, wake up and run! If he calls you names like these now when you are not married, what will be later?? Just think about this and do not accept any humility, do not sware anything because someone ask you to do so, do not promise anything under pressure. Be smart!

Even if you added that person on your list, there is no excuse for his behavior!
(edited 6 years ago)
Okay yeah he was mad after the paragraph and it wasnt emotional abuse" but he just wants to talkI dont know if I should

NO!

No, it's not healthy at all what your boyfriend is calling you. It's emotional abuse and total disrespect. He sounds a little loopy - please leave him.
Original post by Izzayyyy
Leave him as soon as possible

Original post by doodle_333
This guy is super manipulative. The fact you can't tell anyone about him and you're scared of his reactions says it all. You don't need to talk about anything with him anymore... just block him on all social media and stay away from him. His mental health is not your concern - he has forced you to leave him by treating you like crap and TBH the mental health stuff will be mostly lies to stop you leaving anyway. If he knows where you live/your school/etc then you should tell someone just to keep yourself safe as you don't know how he might react.

Original post by Bio 7
He sounds abusive and from what you've said it isn't uncommon either. While I don't have the whole picture it sounds like you'd be better off with someone else.

Original post by the_queen
... and you accepted him insulting you???? Come on! Respect yourself, wake up and run! If he calls you names like these now when you are not married, what will be later?? Just think about this and do not accept any humility, do not sware anything because someone ask you to do so, do not promise anything under pressure. Be smart!

Even if you added that person on your list, there is no excuse for his behavior!

I can't bring myself to do it
How do I even go about it?

And at the same time I feel so alone because no one knows about this. I know that what he is saying right now is making me feel bad but he is my first love and I love him too fu*king much to stop it. I need help but I dont know how pfff
Reply 51
You can not anyone talk to you like that ... I started dropping people like that in my life a year ago and im so much better for it now
damn he sounds insecure as hell.

and you sound doormat as hell. he always speaks to you like this and you allow it? whats wrong with you - low self esteem?
It's absolutely fine you're lucky to have a bf who cares so much about you.

And at the same time I feel so alone because no one knows about this. I know that what he is saying right now is making me feel bad but he is my first love and I love him too fu*king much to stop it. I need help but I dont know how pfff

The victim loves the abuser!

No need anyone knows about this. YOU know and that's enough. His next step is physical violence. Just a matter of time. Will you still love him then?
(edited 6 years ago)
I can't believe that. Who in their right mind puts up with that?
your boyfriend made a bad choice and interpreted you in the wrong way.This is a really unhealthy relationship even he used abusive comments at you.
that is a really unhealthy relationship. i think you should not be together and remove him

you need to end this relationship, and get help to work through your feelings around him and this. believe me I know how hard it is and I know it must feel like you owe him the chance to get better and help him but what he has done is textbook manipulation and emotional abuse to put you in this position.

you will find love in the future and this man does not love you, at least not in a way that is constructive and supportive and healthy, and you clearly can acknowledge that the relationship is toxic and you know that it needs to end. however hard it is, you will definitely be better off in the long term, you're very young and have many more people to love later in life. leave him.

I really urge you to talk to someone, be it a friend or a counsellor or if that is really impossible write down how you are feeling just to be able to sort through it and not bottle the pain up, I found that really helped.

good luck x
"I love him a lot", wish somebody said that to me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending