The Student Room Group

DBS

To fulfill my conditional offer I need a DBS check. Not sure how to go about this. Who do I ask and what do I do? I have one at the school I work at but not sure it’s transferable.
Original post by Mshn99
To fulfill my conditional offer I need a DBS check. Not sure how to go about this. Who do I ask and what do I do? I have one at the school I work at but not sure it’s transferable.

Is it enhanced? Did you sign up for the update service? I'd contact the uni to find out if you need a new one.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Is it enhanced? Did you sign up for the update service? I'd contact the uni to find out if you need a new one.

The one from work is enhanced because I work with children. But not sure about what they want.
Original post by Mshn99

Usually DBS certificates aren't transferable, as they have your place of work and employer on them, and will only apply in that context. You'll need a new one for uni. Contact the uni first to see if they will send you the form, as if they require you to go through the procedure, it's usually the employer/uni that provides you with the form.
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Usually DBS certificates aren't transferable, as they have your place of work and employer on them, and will only apply in that context. You'll need a new one for uni. Contact the uni first to see if they will send you the form, as if they require you to go through the procedure, it's usually the employer/uni that provides you with the form.

That's no longer true - you can transfer them if you use the update service. I have one that has been updated for two other roles.

https://www.gov.uk/dbs-update-service

You’ll be able to take your DBS certificate from one job to the next, unless:
* an employer asks you to get a new certificate
* you need a certificate for a different type of ‘workforce’ (for example, you have an ‘adult workforce’ certificate and need a ‘child workforce’ certificate)
* you need a different level certificate (for example, you have a standard DBS certificate and need an enhanced one)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending