The Student Room Group

Nottingham vs. Exeter

Hello,I've been accepted to both Exeter and Nottingham for law LLB... they both want the same grades and such. but in terms of location, community, social atmosphere...etc. which university do you guys think is better? I'm leaning towards Exeter... but I keep searching for university rankings (which I know I'm not supposed to do) and Nottingham is constantly ranked higher so I'm questioning my decision? I'd like to know what you guys think
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi, I've also been made an offer from both Nottingham and Exeter for the LLB. Both are highly ranked and are prestigious universities for the Law course, personally, I prefer the Nottingham campus. However, my situation is a bit different as Exeter made me an offer for AAB so I'm able to insure them.
Original post by mah1000000
Hi, I've also been made an offer from both Nottingham and Exeter for the LLB. Both are highly ranked and are prestigious universities for the Law course, personally, I prefer the Nottingham campus. However, my situation is a bit different as Exeter made me an offer for AAB so I'm able to insure them.

You can insure even if the offer is the same. Firm might reject for you for missing while the insurance might not.

Original post by Taimaa Khalaf
Hello,I've been accepted to both Exeter and Nottingham for law LLB... they both want the same grades and such. but in terms of location, community, social atmosphere...etc. which university do you guys think is better?

You need to do the research yourself and make a decision yourself.
Original post by Notoriety
You can insure even if the offer is the same. Firm might reject for you for missing while the insurance might not.

Yeah but this allows me to firm and insure two uni choices in a way that makes sense. I.e. a buffer of at least one grade to ensure me a place instead of hoping they still accept me if I miss their offer. While some may want to risk that for me the point of an insurance choice is in the case I miss my offer and to have a fall back.
Original post by Taimaa Khalaf
Hello,I've been accepted to both Exeter and Nottingham for law LLB... they both want the same grades and such. but in terms of location, community, social atmosphere...etc. which university do you guys think is better? I'm leaning towards Exeter... but I keep searching for university rankings (which I know I'm not supposed to do) and Nottingham is constantly ranked higher so I'm questioning my decision? I'd like to know what you guys think

Exeter is much nicer city than Nottingham and personally I prefer the campus too.

I've got a teaching colleague that lived in Nottingham - they moved away as soon as they had children as it is a high crime area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending