The Student Room Group

Have you ever met someone really similar to yourself?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zxyn
Yess!! It was so weird, and it was even more weird because we connected so well that when I found out other stuff about them I hadn’t thought about for myself, I felt like I was discovering more of myself… almost fell in love with them, does that make me a narcissist?

Haha I don't think it makes you a narcissist, but that's great that you found that connection. I agree, we seem to find out new things all the time which develop us. E.g. Me discussing philosophy has now sparked an interest for him and he often wants to discuss it to learn more, etc. And I've found out some pretty cool stuff from him too.
Original post by Tinizel
Well I met someone who is like the ego manifestation of me. Like he's on my wavelength of all my superficial concerns such as insecurities, looks etc.

But no, never met anyone similar to me in terms of values, humour, interests tbh

Ah right, well it sounds like you must of established a sort of connection :smile:
Original post by username3823080
Yes, a next door neighbour who moved in about four months after I did, and he felt more like my brother than my real brother. I've not seen him since June the year before last year though. :moon:

Aw wow, and that's a shame that you haven't been able to see him if you had that sort of connection.
Original post by clucky_chick
Yeah, I understand that. The guy that I've connected with his married and I respect that. He's a bit older than me but we still have similar values and interests. I feel even if he wasn't married it wouldn't work anyway as often when we spend a lot of time together on shift we get frustrated by each other and we do clash.

And dunno about the username haha :smile:

woah holy crap i remember now. u literally saved me last year. i remember i got a B in philosophy with few days revision because of u, i revised ur predictions and passed. thank u so much for that im really grateful. i know its irrelevant here but i want to know u did a really good thing for me and im really thankful for that
Original post by galingo
woah holy crap i remember now. u literally saved me last year. i remember i got a B in philosophy with few days revision because of u, i revised ur predictions and passed. thank u so much for that im really grateful. i know its irrelevant here but i want to know u did a really good thing for me and im really thankful for that

Aw wow! Hello again! I'm so glad that you managed to get a great grade! You're very welcome. Wishing you all the best with your future academic studies too! :biggrin:
Yep, we're friends and I hate that we've got similar politically, tastes, attitude, etc.

A conversation always goes along the lines of :

Me: Hey have you heard about [X]
Him: Oh yeah the [X] from [X]?
Me: Yeah, what do you think?
Him: It's good
Me: Same.

It's pointless.
Just like the title - have you ever met someone who is really similar to you?

I believe I've recently become friends with a colleague who is scarily similar to me. Apart from the age gap, we have really similar views in education, religion, sex, science, philosophy, politics, television, etc. I feel like watching his actions is almost like looking in the mirror which is awesome and also really disturbing!

What do you think?

My brother
Just like the title - have you ever met someone who is really similar to you?

I believe I've recently become friends with a colleague who is scarily similar to me. Apart from the age gap, we have really similar views in education, religion, sex, science, philosophy, politics, television, etc. I feel like watching his actions is almost like looking in the mirror which is awesome and also really disturbing!

What do you think?

No, I'm unique

Quick Reply

Latest