The Student Room Group

Is this an Afghan or an Iranian song?

Hey
If someone can clarify the question in the title I would be happy please and what this song means in English. I need it for research purposes. Thank you.

FyqUX_UDK-Q
It is an Iranian song by the Iranian singer Googoosh.
She basically says that I have “come” to be with you and I wish you very good things like a long life etc.
This is an Afghan song composed by an Afghan but was gifted to this singer on her visit to Afghanistan.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalil_Zaland

He is also popular for the composition of hit song "Man Amadeam" by Googosh.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It is an Iranian song by the Iranian singer Googoosh.
She basically says that I have “come” to be with you and I wish you very good things like a long life etc.

This is an Afghan song composed by an Afghan but was gifted to this singer on her visit to Afghanistan.

It seems like it isn’t an Iranian song originally. The singer is an Iranian Azeri but an Afghan Persian song as Anonymous #3 said. Thanks, sometimes it’s just confusing because the languages and ethnicities of both countries are quite similar.

Found the right lyrics I think :biggrin:
http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Man-amade-am-Ive-come.html
Reply 5
Can anyone provide the English lyrics for this song please?!!! I can’t find it anywhere :frown:

YZiKVMOsCTs
Can anyone provide the English lyrics for this song please?!!! I can’t find it anywhere :frown:

YZiKVMOsCTs
Hi I tried to make one. It prob isn't perfectly translated because I grew up in England and speak English at home and I'm Iranian so dialect is slightly different but I tried anyways, I've been to Persian school for a long time so I can read, write speak and understand to a decent enough level

Afghanistan my country you are my strength and dignity x2, your love oh my country is my soul, "way bar man" (its like an expression of sadness or frustration, idk an equivalent in english) oh my lover, for i am far from this land x2

you are the light of my eyes wherever you are my compatriot x2
may god never give you problems
oh my flower and sunbul (type of flower) im in love with kabul x2

my beautiful country without you im not calm x2
I don't have any more words for you
oh my sugar cube and nabat (type of rock candy, iranians and afghans usually it add to tea)
im in love with herat

wherever you my country you are my love
I "balamad" (idk what that word means) oh watan (watan means country), i bring my affection from my soul and heart
oh my name and pride, im in love with mazar
i have no remedy/cure, im in love with kandahar
im in love with kandahar

Afghanistan my country you are my strength and dignity x2 your love oh my country is my soul "way bar man" oh my lover, for i am far from this land x2

oh my love and faith, im in love with bamiyan
oh my flower and sunbul (type of flower) im in love with kabul x4
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by daryoushz
Hi I tried to make one. It prob isn't perfectly translated because I grew up in England and speak English at home and I'm Iranian so dialect is slightly different but I tried anyways, I've been to Persian school for a long time so I can read, write speak and understand to a decent enough level

Afghanistan my country you are my strength and dignity x2, your love oh my country is my soul, "way bar man" (its like an expression of sadness or frustration, idk an equivalent in english) oh my lover, for i am far from this land x2

oh my flower and sunbul (type of flower) im in love with kabul x2

my beautiful country without you im not calm x2
I don't have any more words for you
oh my sugar cube and nabat (type of rock candy, iranians and afghans usually it add to tea)
im in love with herat

wherever you my country you are my love
I "balamad" (idk what that word means) oh watan (watan means country), i bring my affection from my soul and heart
oh my name and pride, im in love with mazar
i have no remedy/cure, im in love with kandahar
im in love with kandahar

Afghanistan my country you are my strength and dignity x2 your love oh my country is my soul "way bar man" oh my lover, for i am far from this land x2

oh my love and faith, im in love with bamiyan
oh my flower and sunbul (type of flower) im in love with kabul x4

Thank you very much!!
So Afghans and Iranians can understand each other but differ in dialects?

This looks so cool from the time when Afghanistan was at peace but I have no idea what they are saying about their country and what dialect it is?

vo0l_KblSzI
Reply 8
Last question! What language is this? Is it a different dialect of Persian or another language of Afghanistan?

NIf2Od5hS6E
Last question! What language is this? Is it a different dialect of Persian or another language of Afghanistan?

NIf2Od5hS6E

Yeah I’m iranian and I understand Afghans almost perfectly just some words are different and their accent is different

And for your last question the language of that last song isn’t a dialect of farsi/Persian it’s Pashtu which is another language
Original post by Daryoushz1
Yeah I’m iranian and I understand Afghans almost perfectly just some words are different and their accent is different

And for your last question the language of that last song isn’t a dialect of farsi/Persian it’s Pashtu which is another language

That’s cool! Wish I could understand too.

Thank you! :smile: it sounds beautiful, both languages. Afghans/Iranians have an interesting culture.

So I’m guess this is also Pashto/Pashtu but a different accent.

nj1_cNAP9ZQ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending