The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MiszshorTea786

One cannot delay prayer under any circumstances.

I am curious about how this works in the 21st century - surely it makes some jobs impossible? Surgeons, midwives, pilots, train drivers, carers etc often do not have that much control over their timetables - surely a surgeon isn't expected to abandon a life saving operation or a midwife to abandon a woman in the last stages of labour?
Original post by marple
I am curious about how this works in the 21st century - surely it makes some jobs impossible? Surgeons, midwives, pilots, train drivers, carers etc often do not have that much control over their timetables - surely a surgeon isn't expected to abandon a life saving operation or a midwife to abandon a woman in the last stages of labour?

No it doesn't considering the time of prayer. One does not need to spend 5 hours to pray. At max for one prayer it takes 15 minutes if that.

No one is required to abandon anything, aside from prayer.
Reply 82
Idk why Muslims ask questions like this on student room. Not trying to be rude or anything but any question that you may have regarding the religion is asked to the scholars that have studied Islam for decades. Not some random chat room with random kuffar giving advice regarding Islamic rulings. Ask yourself, if you had been having severe headaches you would not go to some random janitor? No, but you would want to see a doctor instead who has studied the human body in detail for years. I understand that sometimes that it’s easier to just ask some random chat room online however you have to understand that gaining knowledge is no easy task to begin with and you must strive to receive answers from the correct sources. May Allah grant you immense understanding of Islam and grant you ease in this life.
Original post by MSheikk
Idk why Muslims ask questions like this on student room. Not trying to be rude or anything but any question that you may have regarding the religion is asked to the scholars that have studied Islam for decades. Not some random chat room with random kuffar giving advice regarding Islamic rulings. Ask yourself, if you had been having severe headaches you would not go to some random janitor? No, but you would want to see a doctor instead who has studied the human body in detail for years. I understand that sometimes that it’s easier to just ask some random chat room online however you have to understand that gaining knowledge is no easy task to begin with and you must strive to receive answers from the correct sources. May Allah grant you immense understanding of Islam and grant you ease in this life.

Because they want a popular thread probably. Surely if they wanted a relabel answer they’d at least ask the question on ISOC....
Ah! Should an individual pass away when they are fighting, they are guaranteed a death of martyr.

Surely it’s better to not die young, potentially leaving children parentless, and miss one prayer? Having the death of a martyr doesn’t mean much to a kid at their parent’s funeral. It just seems harsh and unforgiving to me, to be required to die in prayer rather than defend yourself. :confused:
Original post by MSheikk
Idk why Muslims ask questions like this on student room. Not trying to be rude or anything but any question that you may have regarding the religion is asked to the scholars that have studied Islam for decades.

Because if you actually read the OP you'd see the question was just as much about whether a female can join the Army that it was about whether a Muslim can join.

The first part means there are people here perfectly qualified to answer at least that part of the question.
Reply 86
Original post by Drewski
Because if you actually read the OP you'd see the question was just as much about whether a female can join the Army that it was about whether a Muslim can join.

The first part means there are people here perfectly qualified to answer at least that part of the question.

Original post by Drewski

With respect, I think that everyone who grew in the uk knows that both male and females can join the army (the general term I’m not sure about the individual divisions within the army). We see pictures of women soldiers abundantly on tv, poster etc. Why would someone ask a question they already knew the answer to?
Original post by MSheikk

i am proud to be a random kufr.
Original post by MSheikk
With respect, I think that everyone who grew in the uk knows that both male and females can join the army (the general term I’m not sure about the individual divisions within the army). We see pictures of women soldiers abundantly on tv, poster etc. Why would someone ask a question they already knew the answer to?

Clearly, that's not the case:

Original post by Sani882
I’ve been interested in the army for a long time but always been told that either I couldn’t because I’m a girl...
I’ve only read about men who have joined the army and that it’s fine, so Is it the same for women?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by the bear
i am proud to be a random kufr.

Nevertheless I would like to kindly invite you to my religion. The essence is that: I Believe that Allaah is One with no partner or associate in His Lordship, divinity or names and attributes.I say this out of pure love for all of humanity and because of this love I have for you as a human I want you to be amongst the people of paradise.
Reply 90
Original post by Drewski

Maybe that is so. However the point I made is still not incorrect regarding asking questions about the religion in general.
Original post by Sani882
I’m 15 years old, nearly 16, and I am a practising Muslim. Both my parents follow Islam and I have always been brought up to follow the religion. I do love my religion and I am a strong believer of equality and helping others. I’ve been interested in the army for a long time but always been told that either I couldn’t because I’m a girl, or because of my religion. I’m school we have been talking about going to war in r.s and it says that in Islam if that if we are told by our government to fight in a just war then we can. I’m just confused on whether I should or shouldn’t. I’ve only read about men who have joined the army and that it’s fine, so Is it the same for women?

If someone could answer this I’d be extremely great full.

P.s if I have stated anything that’s wrong or anything then I apologise it’s just what I’ve been taught.

you can join, however because of your age you will have to get consent from your parents/guardians. If you feel like you want something thats both physically and mentally challenging then yes go for it! You will go in as one person and be taught so much
Original post by MSheikk
Maybe that is so. However the point I made is still not incorrect regarding asking questions about the religion in general.

The religious questions sure.

But those weren't the only questions asked.
Original post by MSheikk
kaafir*. Kufr is an act of disbelief, so it’s not possible to be kufr. Nevertheless I would like to kindly invite you to my religion. The essence is that: I Believe that Allaah is One with no partner or associate in His Lordship, divinity or names and attributes. I would highly recommend visiting https://islamqa.info/en/cat/12 if you have any question. I say this out of pure love for all of humanity and because of this love I have for you as a human I want you to be amongst the people of paradise.

thank you for your kind offer; i in turn would like to offer you the chance to accept the Risen Lord Jesus into your life. the Son of God forgives all past offenses and offers Eternal Life with the communion of Saints for all eternity.
Reply 94
Why would one go into a battle in the first place then? Should they know the outcome? Salaah comes first more than anything else.
Remember that battle is only permitted in self-defence, so you can't choose when you go into battle. :wink:

Did you not know the Hadeeth upon missing a prayer even in the case of a battle?
I have not said that prayers can be missed, only delayed and made up when possible. This is what Muhammad did after the Battle of the Trench, after all.
You claimed that "One cannot delay prayer under any circumstances." So not only are you disagreeing with scholars and companions, but with Muhammad himself.

Just accept it, Muslims can join the army because having to delay prayer because of military necessity is permitted.

Please do reference your sources so that it's sanad can be distinguished. Thank you.
I already said, it's all in Ibn Kathir's tafsir of sura 2:239.
Reply 95
Original post by MSheikk
There are plenty of knowledgable people on internet fora.
Also, if you have a question about cancer, would you only take advice from a doctor who had suffered from cancer themselves, or would a doctor who had studied cancer without ever having suffered from it also be a reliable source of information?

You may have noticed that the "random kuffar" has given more accurate and Islamically authentic advice than the Muslim "student of Islam". So your petulant little post was utterly pointless and only serves to demonstrate that it is not knowledgable information that concerns you, but rather some misguided sense of ideological purity.

Hope this helped.
Reply 96
Original post by MSheikk
I would highly recommend visiting https://islamqa.info/en/cat/12 if you have any question. I say this out of pure love for all of humanity and because of this love I have for you as a human I want you to be amongst the people of paradise.
As that website also condones slavery and using female slaves for sex, I wonder how this fits in with your "love for all humanity"?
Original post by QE2
I already said, it's all in Ibn Kathir's tafsir of sura 2:239.

Allah himself gave the ruling of not missing any prayers even if an individual was ill, and be bed-ridden they should do sign language and still pray. The importance of Salaah.

I'm disagreeing with no-one. The great scholars are with me, ask them and you should know.

I didn't state Muslims are not permitted to join the army what I am saying is that prayer should not be missed under any circumstances.

Capiche?
Reply 98
Allah himself gave the ruling of not missing any prayers even if an individual was ill, and be bed-ridden they should do sign language and still pray. The importance of Salaah.

I'm disagreeing with no-one. The great scholars are with me, ask them and you should know.

I didn't state Muslims are not permitted to join the army what I am saying is that prayer should not be missed under any circumstances.

Capiche?
Right, listen very carefully, this is actually quite simple.

I said that prayers can be delayed in the case of battle. I quoted scholars and sahaba in support. Muhammad himself delayed prayer during battle.

You claimed that prayer cannot be delayed under any circumstances, but failed to provide and references. You are demonstrably wrong.

Now you are arguing that prayers cannot be missed. That is a straw man as I never claimed that they could be, only that they can be delayed.
Original post by cat_mac
Surely it’s better to not die young, potentially leaving children parentless, and miss one prayer? Having the death of a martyr doesn’t mean much to a kid at their parent’s funeral. It just seems harsh and unforgiving to me, to be required to die in prayer rather than defend yourself. :confused:

Hence the ruling upon the groups that I have mentioned already. That is one type of prevention should a Muslim want to go and battle in the army.

Talking about dying in prayer, this is the most preferred method of dying of a Muslim ask any true Muslim today, how would they like to pass away their answer would be in postration.

It has happened many times before that particular Muslims were lucky to pass away in such a position.