The Student Room Group

Biased Broadcasting Corporation? (BBC)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by DeBruyne18
Except of course, London carries the rest of the country economically. Plenty seem determined to bite the hand that feeds them mind.

We should be grateful the rest of the country is de-industrialised while one area gets all the investment and attention?

It was also London bankers who crashed the economy.
Original post by bob072
We should be grateful the rest of the country is de-industrialised while one area gets all the investment and attention?

It was also London bankers who crashed the economy.

Well blame Thatcher and her policy of de-industrialisation for that...
It confuses me that some people on the right seem to be coming out the anti capitalist side now.
Reply 42
Well blame Thatcher and her policy of de-industrialisation for that...
It confuses me that some people on the right seem to be coming out the anti capitalist side now.

You must be even dumber than I thought if you think you can categorize people as being right like that.
Original post by bob072
You must be even dumber than I thought if you think you can categorize people as being right like that.

So you're a right wing capitalist but don't like Thatcher then? De-industrialisation was a huge part of Thatcherism.
How can you possibly oppose it while supporting her?

Yes it was bankers who crashed the economy, not Labour.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 44
So you're a right wing capitalist but don't like Thatcher then? De-industrialisation was a huge part of Thatcherism.
How can you possibly oppose it while supporting her?

Yes it was bankers who crashed the economy, not Labour.

I'm not 'right wing', I'm not a 'Thatcherite'. I make decisions about what's best based on the individual case, not conforming to what I should do because of some label. It must be hard for you to understand as you just accept everything the liberal mainstream says without thinking.
Original post by bob072
I'm not 'right wing', I'm not a 'Thatcherite'. I make decisions about what's best based on the individual case, not conforming to what I should do because of some label. It must be hard for you to understand as you just accept everything the liberal mainstream says without thinking.

LOL, 'liberal mainstream'. Haha. Of course, the likes of Murdoch, Daily Mail etc are just oozing with liberalness.

So you must not like the Conservatives at all given you don't like de-industrialisation?
Original post by Dez
Broadcasting house is in the middle of central London. London as a whole voted overwhelmingly for Remain, so that's not really a surprise that staff who mostly live near there were shocked. I imagine the reaction was quite similar in a lot of London offices that day.

A significant part is now in Salford specifically to take the steam out of that very argument.
Reply 47
LOL, 'liberal mainstream'. Haha. Of course, the likes of Murdoch, Daily Mail etc are just oozing with liberalness.

So you must not like the Conservatives at all given you don't like de-industrialisation?

I hate the Conservatives, I voted for them last year because of Brexit, and have increasingly regretted it since.
Except of course, London carries the rest of the country economically. Plenty seem determined to bite the hand that feeds them mind.

The BBC doesn't carry the rest of the country economically. On the contrary, the antediluvian method of BBC financing, (in effect a regressive tax punishing the poor and old), leads to the "rest of the country" supporting these metropolitan tossers, paying for them to live their lives of London privilege, whilst lecturing them on how stupid and racist they are.

To be fair, three quarters of a century into its existence, the BBC did relocate many staff to the north (thereby admitting the appalling over concentration of the media in London) but it has proved hard. The patronising pillock$ who work for this bastion of Remoanerdom kicked up a terrible fuss. Probably worried they wouldn't find any quinoa in the sooty snotty north, or something...
Original post by generallee
The BBC doesn't carry the rest of the country economically. On the contrary, the antediluvian method of BBC financing, (in effect a regressive tax punishing the poor and old), leads to the "rest of the country" supporting these metropolitan tossers, paying for them to live their lives of London privilege, whilst lecturing them on how stupid and racist they are.

To be fair, three quarters of a century into its existence, the BBC did relocate many staff to the north (thereby admitting the appalling over concentration of the media in London) but it has proved hard. The patronising pillock$ who work for this bastion of Remoanerdom kicked up a terrible fuss. Probably worried they wouldn't find any quinoa in the sooty snotty north, or something...

The old and poor get free license fees.
The old and poor get free license fees.

OK I exaggerated, The over 75's get it free (I think?) which still leaves those on pensions younger than 75 having to pay, if that is right. I would term them old. And those on benefits presumably get it free.

But most Brexit voters, (and certainly the working poor) have to pay (or else go to jail) to listen to these tosser tw@ts telling them how stupid their exercising of their democratic rights shows them to be. And therefore how that vote didn't count because a majority in London doesn't agree with it.
OK I exaggerated, The over 75's get it free (I think?) which still leaves those on pensions younger than 75 having to pay, if that is right. I would term them old. And those on benefits presumably get it free.

But most Brexit voters, (and certainly the working poor) have to pay (or else go to jail) to listen to these tosser tw@ts telling them how stupid their exercising of their democratic rights shows them to be. And therefore how that vote didn't count because a majority in London doesn't agree with it.

It's £140 odd a year per household. People make out like its fortunes.

Plus something like 97% of the country use a BBC service at least once a week.

The Beeb is certainly not pro Labour by any stretch of the imagination.
It's £140 odd a year per household. People make out like its fortunes.

Plus something like 97% of the country use a BBC service at least once a week.

The Beeb is certainly not pro Labour by any stretch of the imagination.

There are plenty of BBC journalists and editors who VOTE Labour, that's for sure, the output demonstrates that. The idea that they are some apolitical fount of knowledge and wisdom, unsullied by prejudice (criticised by both sides ya de ya) is absurd, (for example its palpable Remainer bias, the subject of this thread) but still maintained by many.

But increasingly people are seeing though all mainstream media bias in the age of the internet. We know you can't trust any of them, the saintly BBC included. They all have an angle to shoot.

Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall and can never be put back together again.
There are plenty of BBC journalists and editors who VOTE Labour, that's for sure, the output demonstrates that. The idea that they are some apolitical fount of knowledge and wisdom, unsullied by prejudice (criticised by both sides ya de ya) is absurd, (for example its palpable Remainer bias, the subject of this thread) but still maintained by many.

But increasingly people are seeing though all mainstream media bias in the age of the internet. We know you can't trust any of them, the saintly BBC included. They all have an angle to shoot.

Humpty Dumpty has fallen off the wall and can never be put back together again.

There are also plenty of BBC journalists and editors who VOTE Tory. I'm not really sure what your issue is. You would expect the BBC to have both Labour and Tory voters working for them, and they do. Funny how both the left and the right think the BBC is oh so biased against them. Probably a sign that it's doing a rather good job.

On almost any debate, every side thinks the BBC is biased against them. It's so tiresome. Are you honestly claiming that the BBC is pro-Labour? Really....
(edited 6 years ago)
Probably a sign that it's doing a rather good job.

ugh
There are also plenty of BBC journalists and editors who VOTE Tory. I'm not really sure what your issue is. You would expect the BBC to have both Labour and Tory voters working for them, and they do. Funny how both the left and the right think the BBC is oh so biased against them. Probably a sign that it's doing a rather good job.

On almost any debate, every side thinks the BBC is biased against them. It's so tiresome.

What a surprise, you have come out with the the hackneyed old BBC mantra. Both left and right criticise us, therefore we are politically neutral.

They aren't politically "neutral" and they couldn't ever be. So why the pretence? Oh I know, so they can maintain their gun to the head funding and the billions of pounds they pi$$ away producing a couple of TV shows and the odd Radio programme anyone might want to watch in the age of the internet.

All the while churning out relentless, rancid, Remainer propaganda 24/7 on its News Channels. Being forced to pay a single penny for THAT is what is tiresome.

:angry:
Are you honestly claiming that the BBC is pro-Labour? Really....

Are you honestly claiming the BBC is (or has ever been) pro Leave? Really...
What a surprise, you have come out with the the hackneyed old BBC mantra. Both left and right criticise us, therefore we are politically neutral.

They aren't politically "neutral" and they couldn't ever be. So why the pretence? Oh I know, so they can maintain their gun to the head funding and the billions of pounds they pi$$ away producing a couple of TV shows and the odd Radio programme anyone might want to watch in the age of the internet.

All the while churning out relentless, rancid, Remainer propaganda 24/7 on its News Channels. Being forced to pay a single penny for THAT is what is tiresome.

:angry:

I've never claimed the BBC was neutral. No one is neutral, nor can they be. The BBC doesn't claim to be neutral either.
There is virtually no other media outlet which gets criticised from every side in every debate to the extent the BBC does.

It's certainly anti Corbyn and it certainly supported Tory economics from 2010 onwards. Why are you not angry about that?

Again, we need a state broadcaster. £140 per household with free passes for the elderly and assistance for those who are poor is nothing. You're making out like it costs a fortune.
Are you honestly claiming the BBC is (or has ever been) pro Leave? Really...

It's about as pro Leave as it is pro Labour.

Again, we need a state broadcaster. .

No we don't.

Quick Reply

Latest