The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Bcu accomodation 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Ive heard that it's quite strict as well but if you go on the University locks page on the bcu website you can read the terms and conditions....doesnt seem that bad, just have to tell them in advance and guests have to sign in etc. I'd rather that than them letting in any random person! does anyone know how many choices you have to put when you apply? I have an unconditional and have firmly accepted it so I definitely want to apply first thing tomorrow
(edited 6 years ago)
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
I think two but that’s just a guess, given your unconditional though you will probably gain piority. Congrats on your offer btw, what course will you be studying?
Reply 22
Original post by paperroses
I’ve also been looking at staniforth house and jennens court. Apparently university locks has become stricter and not allowing visitors in a lot?? Accomodation opens tomorow and I still haven’t made up my mind where to go.

I looked at Staniforth house on google maps to see the surrounding areas and saw that it was near 2 of BCU’s accommodation. I think it was Bagot Street and the heights, which is quite convinient. Also staniforth house is brand new for us! But Jenner’s court is closer to bullring 🤔. It’s a tough decision
Original post by JessRich
I think two but that’s just a guess, given your unconditional though you will probably gain piority. Congrats on your offer btw, what course will you be studying?

Thanks! I’ll be studying Architecture :smile:
Congrats on your offer, what information are you looking for? I might not have the answers but I might be able to provide a link that will help.

I would really appreciate it! Can you add me on facebook? Matas Vadvilavičius
Original post by Matasvad
I would really appreciate it! Can you add me on facebook? Matas Vadvilavičius

Sure :smile:
I picked Staniforth house and Jennes court in the end after speaking to a couple friends and family that currently study at BCU
I picked Staniforth house and Jennes court in the end after speaking to a couple friends and family that currently study at BCU

Hey! So I'm literally on the page now picking which one I wanna put first :frown: I'm sooo conflicted, I originally was set on Jennens Court because I saw it and loved it at the open day - but I have only just heard of Staniforth House and it looks slightly better? Like I really love the open roof. What did you put first? I'll be studying Psychology with Criminology by the way! So I might see you in September :heart:
Hi all! I've picked University Locks as 1st choice, 2nd choice is Jennens Court and then Staniforth House! It was really hard submitting my application as the portal kept saying error this morning!!! Who else had the same trouble as me?! :s-smilie:
Original post by Georgie_sp
Thanks! I’ll be studying Architecture :smile:

hey im studying product and furniture design so we'll be in the same building! i was thinking uni locks aswell be i have heard so many people say how strict it is im just not really sure have you been to look round??
Can you choose how many people you can share a flat with? Cuz uni locks said flats of 5-8 people
Original post by paperroses
Can you choose how many people you can share a flat with? Cuz uni locks said flats of 5-8 people

i think its just chosen for you when your allocated a room!!
Original post by hannahdlaura
Hey! So I'm literally on the page now picking which one I wanna put first :frown: I'm sooo conflicted, I originally was set on Jennens Court because I saw it and loved it at the open day - but I have only just heard of Staniforth House and it looks slightly better? Like I really love the open roof. What did you put first? I'll be studying Psychology with Criminology by the way! So I might see you in September :heart:
It’s the same company so either way it’s fine and I put Stainforth House sinces it’s new :smile: hopefully see you in September!
Reply 33
Is anyone studying at the city south campus but is applying for city center accommodation?
Original post by Kattyyxxx
hey im studying product and furniture design so we'll be in the same building! i was thinking uni locks aswell be i have heard so many people say how strict it is im just not really sure have you been to look round??

Yeah it’s really nice, the thing I noticed was that the rooms have quite high ceilings so it feels bigger than rooms in other halls! I haven’t actually been to the other BCU accommodation buildings though... I was tempted to put Staniforth house as my first choice cuz it’s brand new
Original post by abifa1
Yeah Belgrave View is really the best option, I went to see it at the open day and really didnt like it and the only other accommodations are near the city campus😕. Do you know what accommodation you’re going to pick?

How is the Belgrave View? Because the reviews I found are terrible...
Original post by Georgie_sp
Yeah it’s really nice, the thing I noticed was that the rooms have quite high ceilings so it feels bigger than rooms in other halls! I haven’t actually been to the other BCU accommodation buildings though... I was tempted to put Staniforth house as my first choice cuz it’s brand new

Yeah I ended up putting staniforth house because it was the newest one! And locks as my second. But I haven’t looked round any of them yet ... so fingers crossed I’ve made a good choice!! But knowing the rooms are spacious in locks makes me feel a bit better about it, so thanks :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hey guys! i too have an unconditional offer and i applied for accommodation a few days back but i am really unsure about my choices! Also i would love to talk to some of y'all before starting uni in September
Original post by newgirlintown
Hi all! I've picked University Locks as 1st choice, 2nd choice is Jennens Court and then Staniforth House! It was really hard submitting my application as the portal kept saying error this morning!!! Who else had the same trouble as me?! :s-smilie:

I did! it was so frustrating. The one time it had to work it just did not.
Original post by janhavigupta
Hey guys! i too have an unconditional offer and i applied for accommodation a few days back but i am really unsure about my choices! Also i would love to talk to some of y'all before starting uni in September

What are you going to be studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending