The Student Room Group

Is anyone else not bothered by cat calling?

If someone cat calls me I'm flattered and just give them a cheeky smile, or pretend I didn't notice because I don't want to assume they're talking to me. I think the only time I'd probably genuinely feel uncomfortable is if I was walking home alone at night or if it was a seemingly creepy guy. But generally during the day it's pretty harmless and it puts a spring in my step to be honest. Do girls actually feel uncomfortable when it's just a builder or a random guy on the street in the daytime? Is it fine if the person is good looking?
Same with messages online, I'll always just take it as a compliment.

I quite like that guys go out of their way to compliment. Girls don't do it to guys as much. I personally can't imagine having the balls to cat call a guy but I don't think it would be a horrible thing to do. I'll admit some comments are nicer to receive than others but they're all still pretty great to hear deep down. I know some people see it as intimidation but I don't really. In that moment I don't feel any lower than them, quite the opposite. I suppose the only time it feels a bit awkward if it's in a really public place like on the train where everyone can see the interaction. But even then it's not a big deal.
Obviously if someone said something like 'nice flaps' I wouldn't take it as an amazing compliment but I'd find it quite funny.

Scroll to see replies

tbh me too, makes me feel 10 times better
Reply 2
Just realise I made it sound like kitten calling. I mean catcalling obviously.
I only don't like it when the guy is butterz
Reply 4
Depends what they say and how they say it.
Reply 5
Original post by xDarcey
Not so much fun as a 16-year-old girl walking home from school and being catcalled by grown men, though. I personally would never consider catcalling any sort of compliment.

Yeah I guess it probably does feel different when you're in your uniform and the guys know that you're young.
I don't get that. But I'm a guy.
One time I had a group of three girls come up to me and tell me how attractive I was and I was buzzing for the rest of the day so I don't see why girls would hate it as long as it's not too crude and the guy who catcalled isn't some slob
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
If someone cat calls me I'm flattered and just give them a cheeky smile, or pretend I didn't notice because I don't want to assume they're talking to me. I think the only time I'd probably genuinely feel uncomfortable is if I was walking home alone at night or if it was a seemingly creepy guy. But generally during the day it's pretty harmless and it puts a spring in my step to be honest. Do girls actually feel uncomfortable when it's just a builder or a random guy on the street in the daytime? Is it fine if the person is good looking?
Same with messages online, I'll always just take it as a compliment.

I quite like that guys go out of their way to compliment. Girls don't do it to guys as much. I personally can't imagine having the balls to cat call a guy but I don't think it would be a horrible thing to do. I'll admit some comments are nicer to receive than others but they're all still pretty great to hear deep down. I know some people see it as intimidation but I don't really. In that moment I don't feel any lower than them, quite the opposite. I suppose the only time it feels a bit awkward if it's in a really public place like on the train where everyone can see the interaction. But even then it's not a big deal.
Obviously if someone said something like 'nice flaps' I wouldn't take it as an amazing compliment but I'd find it quite funny.

I am male, no women catcall me online or thirstily slide into my DM's asking "U got snap?" ....but occasionally I might get some catcalls or attention in real life.

If it happens it seems to occur mainly on fri/sat night/evening, ..it almost never occur's at any other time. Generally it doesn't bother me, ngl ..it usually makes me feel good. Although if they are like a bunch of school girls then it can make me feel uncomfortable ....and also a couple of times some girls catcalled but I felt they were being too disrespectful [I honestly felt like meat] .. and I didn't like that either..........
What I have found from SOME girls

If the guy is hot, Its flattering but if he's ugly its weird, lock him up!

I dont do it. 1) I Cant whistle and 2) I wouldnt even if I could as it isnt me.
Oh crap, I thought you meant 'cat-calling' as in the animal cat which is erm calling
Do you slut drop
**** me sarah the cat just just rang the doorbell
so is saying nice ass ok?
Original post by cat_mac
Depends what they say and how they say it.
Original post by assassinbunny123
so is saying nice ass ok?

It’d make me uncomfortable, so i’m going to vote no on that one.
Reply 15
Original post by Jack22031994
What I have found from SOME girls

If the guy is hot, Its flattering but if he's ugly its weird, lock him up!

I dont do it. 1) I Cant whistle and 2) I wouldnt even if I could as it isnt me.

It is very rarely I see women react well to catcalling, usually it looks like they other don't like it ..or are indifferant

Only on two occasions I saw that they liked it, one was when some dude in a car catcalled these girls who looked about 13, one was some dude's in a car catcalled some milf

on both occasions the guys were attractive
Original post by ANM775
It is very rarely I see women react well to catcalling, usually it looks like they other don't like it ..or are indifferant

Only on two occasions I saw that they liked it, one was when some dude in a car catcalled these girls who looked about 13, one was some dude's in a car catcalled some milf

on both occasions the guys were attractive

Catcalling 13 year olds is a bit sick - just why do that!?????

Being attractive helps I guess!! And I suppose if a guy was sat in a Ferrari as well.

But yeah, I wouldnt do it even if I could!
Reply 17
Original post by Jack22031994
Catcalling 13 year olds is a bit sick - just why do that!?????

I was pretty surprised too....

The girl seemed to really like it though [she had a big smile and her face and quickly alerted her friend what was happening (the friend didn't notice)]

I'm thinking it may have been the first time she got cat called or something. I can't imagine a woman in her 20's reacting like that to it...
id personally feel uncomfortable, and these guys who catcall well they probably do it to loads of girls and that’s just not an attractive feature of them. Don’t get too flattered hun
All the girls I’ve ever spoken to about it said they’ve been fine with it.

Also, as a fairly attractive male, I’ve been catcalled quite a few times by women. I once even had a random schoolgirl come up to me in the park when I was walking the dog (I was like 22 and she looked 15) and she told me how good-looking I was. It’s a compliment really and definitely gives you an ego boost. I can’t for the life of me understand the women who go on screeching rampages every time it happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending