The Student Room Group

Reach for the Stars!!!- Yr 13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunshine774
I'm glad you agree!:tongue: Are you currently studying S2?

Yes
That's very varied!:tongue: Yeah unfortunately (but I'm kinda glad it didn't snow actually I had to go in!) What's your favourite subject? Do you know what you want to take at A Level?:smile:

maths:tongue:
I’m thinking of doing maths, fm, physics and maybe economics:s-smilie: I’m not completely sure though:wink:
Enjoy school tomorrow :h:
Sunday 4th March 2018
So on Friday and Saturday I did no work at all but on Friday I did take the Deloitte Immersive Assessment! I found it pretty hard tbh, but I'm hoping it'll be fine :smile: If I don't get it, there's quite a few others I can apply to which I plan on doing soon, and I'm not really fussed as long as I find an internship for my gap year!

Today I managed to do 4 hours of revision :smile: I have a chem test on Tuesday, so I was revising for that my watching snaprevise videos, and going through the chemrevise and Dr Boes notes, and my textbook. Now I've understood it, I will do past paper questions tomorrow. I also did half of my chem homework and left the other piece cos I need to go through more notes before I can understand it properly! I'm glad the first sheet was quite easy! After that, I did econ revision and I watched EconPlusDal videos on Classical and Keynesian models of AD/AS which I found really interesting!:smile:

Tomorrow is my day off college :biggrin: I'm gonna do more chem revision, finish my hw and apply to the rest of the internships. I might also do some maths revision as I've got an integration test on Wednesday. And I must revise AS content my mocks are pretty soon!!

I'm gonna go to bed really early today (at 10 I normally go to bed at 1) cos I'm gonna wake up at 4am tomorrow! I plan on doing this every day from tomorrow. I've been waking up at 5 for the past few days, and it's really beneficial to me. You might think I'm crazy waking up at 4am but it'll give me a lot of 'me' time like meditating and writing in my journal etc, which is really important cos I really need to look after my mental health. Before I go to college, I'm going to do 2 hours of revision when I wake up at 4. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday I do 3 hours of revision so I'll do 2 in the morning, 30 mins at the end of the day in college before I go home, and then I'll only have to 30 mins when I get home. :smile: Doing this will give me time to enjoy my evenings, especially on Friday night without feeling guilty about not doing any work!:tongue:

So I'll see how it goes tomorrow fingers crossed I do actually wake up at 4!:smile:

My inspirational quote for today is:
"Adventure may hurt you, but monotony will kill you"- Unknown

I was gonna upload some snowy pics for a couple of days ago but it won't let me!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Toastiekid
maths:tongue:
I’m thinking of doing maths, fm, physics and maybe economics:s-smilie: I’m not completely sure though:wink:
Enjoy school tomorrow :h:

Yay I love maths :tongue: Ooh nearly the same as me except I do chem not physics! I think you should do econ it's great I love it :biggrin: Do you have any idea what you want to do at uni (might help you choose?):smile:

Thanks but I have a day off college tomorrow!:smile: Enjoy your day :wink:
Original post by HateOCR
Yes

What other subjects do you do?:smile:
Original post by Black Water
That’s good that you’re finding S2 easy. :smile: Yeah Statistics in general is dull.

Thanks for the rep!:tongue: Did you have a good weekend?:smile:
getting up that early is such a good idea, I'd try but I don't think I'd make it out of bed:biggrin:
Enjoy the day off and good luck with your tests:h:
getting up that early is such a good idea, I'd try but I don't think I'd make it out of bed:biggrin:
Enjoy the day off and good luck with your tests:h:

Thanks I just hope I manage to do it :tongue: Thanks, it's really nice having Monday's off :smile:
Yay I love maths :tongue: Ooh nearly the same as me except I do chem not physics! I think you should do econ it's great I love it :biggrin: Do you have any idea what you want to do at uni (might help you choose?):smile:

Thanks but I have a day off college tomorrow!:smile: Enjoy your day :wink:

Whoops just spotted this after having responded to you above:wink:
I don't think I could face chemistry:s-smilie:...electrolysis:dontknow:
What's economics actually about?:K:
And nope:giggle:
Reply 149
Thanks for the rep!:tongue: Did you have a good weekend?:smile:

No problem. :smile: Yeah it was good, how was yours?
What other subjects do you do?:smile:

Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
:smile:) unfortunately one of my exam boards are on OCR
Original post by HateOCR
Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
:smile:) unfortunately one of my exam boards are on OCR

That must be intense!:tongue: Well unfortunately two of my exam boards are OCR...
Original post by Black Water
No problem. :smile: Yeah it was good, how was yours?

Yeah it was good but I miss the snow!:tongue:
Whoops just spotted this after having responded to you above:wink:
I don't think I could face chemistry:s-smilie:...electrolysis:dontknow:
What's economics actually about?:K:
And nope:giggle:

Chemistry isn't that bad! And I hated electrolysis at GCSE :tongue: Economics is a lot of graphs, definitions, a few calculations and a lot of essay writing. At it's most basic level, it's about how efficiently to allocate resources in society due to scarcity :smile: It's really interesting as it's so relatable to everyday life! Lol don't worry in yr 10 i was completely set on studying medicine at uni :tongue: How was school?:smile:
That must be intense!:tongue: Well unfortunately two of my exam boards are OCR...

Ouch. Sorry to hear that :frown:
Chemistry isn't that bad! And I hated electrolysis at GCSE :tongue: Economics is a lot of graphs, definitions, a few calculations and a lot of essay writing. At it's most basic level, it's about how efficiently to allocate resources in society due to scarcity :smile: It's really interesting as it's so relatable to everyday life! Lol don't worry in yr 10 i was completely set on studying medicine at uni :tongue: How was school?:smile:

it feels pretty bad right now lmao...all those half equations and stuff happening at the anode and cathode drives me round the bend:s-smilie:
Doesn’t sound too bad? I’ll have a look at the spec of what I’d be doing before I decide :wink:
School was fairly uneventful:biggrin:
Original post by HateOCR
Ouch. Sorry to hear that :frown:

It's fine! I think Edexcel are much better! Do you do OCR chem?:smile:
it feels pretty bad right now lmao...all those half equations and stuff happening at the anode and cathode drives me round the bend:s-smilie:
Doesn’t sound too bad? I’ll have a look at the spec of what I’d be doing before I decide :wink:
School was fairly uneventful:biggrin:

Yeah definitely do that! I wish I'd done that even though I really enjoy all my subjects :smile: That's good! I actually miss school lol
Original post by Syed_Haque
If you no doctah, you no Asian.

lmao this is pretty thru tho, most of my family studied around that area... but when I told my family I prefer Physics I got called a Geek lol
It's fine! I think Edexcel are much better! Do you do OCR chem?:smile:

Thankfully i do AQA for Chemistry. Only OCR biology.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending