The Student Room Group

Anglia Ruskin UCAS Medicine 2018 entry

Anyone else applying for Anglia Ruskin school of medicine next year? I am currently struggling to apply on UCAS as when I use the correct institution code of A60, the A100 course code for medicine is invalid (I have checked that this is their course code on their website). This is problematic because deadlines are soon approaching. Anyone else had this issue and knows how to get around it?
P.S does anyone know when universities are planning on publishing their 2018 entry requirements, been stalking pages for the last week.
Thank you in advance

Scroll to see replies

HI Medicalmisfit

Thank you for your interest in the new School of Medicine a very exciting development for Anglia Ruskin University.

Our medical education programme of the five year ‘Batchelor of Medicine, Batchelor of Surgery’ (MBChB) degree has been approved by the General Medical Council and will be quality assured for the first five years of the programme.
Full details on the MBChB course content and entry requirements are available on the website.

We are fully on track for a September 2018 intake of students but this is dependent on the allocation of additional government funded places for medical students and we expect this allocation announcement to be made in the near future.

When 2018 places are allocated, the application process will be after the UCAS October 2017 deadline for Medical applications and we will open applications on our University website. For 2019 places* onwards, the normal UCAS deadline will resume.

We will be at the ARU Undergraduate Open Days on the Chelmsford campus on Saturday 7th October and Saturday 18th November 2017, to talk to prospective students on the MBChB course, application process and admissions procedure. You can find out more information on the Open Days and book your place here choosing the ‘Medicine MBChB’ option.
Many Thanks
NA :smile:
Original post by Official ARU Admissions Representative
HI Medicalmisfit

Thank you for your interest in the new School of Medicine a very exciting development for Anglia Ruskin University.

Our medical education programme of the five year ‘Batchelor of Medicine, Batchelor of Surgery’ (MBChB) degree has been approved by the General Medical Council and will be quality assured for the first five years of the programme.
Full details on the MBChB course content and entry requirements are available on the website.

We are fully on track for a September 2018 intake of students but this is dependent on the allocation of additional government funded places for medical students and we expect this allocation announcement to be made in the near future.

When 2018 places are allocated, the application process will be after the UCAS October 2017 deadline for Medical applications and we will open applications on our University website. For 2019 places* onwards, the normal UCAS deadline will resume.

We will be at the ARU Undergraduate Open Days on the Chelmsford campus on Saturday 7th October and Saturday 18th November 2017, to talk to prospective students on the MBChB course, application process and admissions procedure. You can find out more information on the Open Days and book your place here choosing the ‘Medicine MBChB’ option.
Many Thanks

Do you know how many people will you be able to take this year? also what are the entry requirements for Graduates?
HI Zealme73

I'm sorry but we're still awaiting news on this but hope to have an update late March / early April.

There is no graduate entry programme. Applicants who have an undergraduate degree will start in Year 1 and will be required to complete all 5 years of the course. We recommend that applicants seek advice on funding prior to starting their application.
The entry requirement for graduates is a minimum 2:1 honours degree awarded within the last 5 years. The degree must be in a biological, biomedical, chemistry or health science subject. All graduate applicants will need to provide their transcripts which will be evaluated and put to a panel decision, where factors mentioned in their personal statement, such as work experience in healthcare, will be considered. The minimum requirement for GCSEs will have to be met. The UKCAT will also have to be completed by graduate applicants; GAMSAT will not be accepted.
Best Wishes :smile:
NA
Original post by zealme753
Do you know how many people will you be able to take this year? also what are the entry requirements for Graduates?

I've also applied as a grad!
I qualify for the school leaver requirements so if its lower for grads it's even better i guess.
Hi
Is there a deadline for the online application? I’ve only just discovered that Anglia Ruskin are starting medicine this year and was hopeful that I could still apply!

Thanks!
Hi npatel1994,

I'm sorry but we don't have an official deadline but as this course is expected to prove extremely popular I encourage you to submit your pre-application as soon as possible to avoid dissappointment.
Hi npatel1994,

I'm sorry but we don't have an official deadline but as this course is expected to prove extremely popular I encourage you to submit your pre-application as soon as possible to avoid dissappointment.

When will interviews be held? And when is the institution planning to send out offers/interviews etc ?
Thank you in advance
HI,

Interviews will be held during the first week in June and the first week in July. We will be shortlisting people for interview soon.
Reply 9
Does anyone know when the deadline for applications is ?
Hi Shan116,

We don't have an official deadline and will keep applications open until we fill all our places. As we expect this course to prove extremely popular I encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible to avoid dissappointment.
Hi Shan116,

We don't have an official deadline and will keep applications open until we fill all our places. As we expect this course to prove extremely popular I encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible to avoid dissappointment.

How many offers would you be making? im guessing you now know how much funding you are getting this year, so please tell us how many seats you have?

thanks
How many offers would you be making? im guessing you now know how much funding you are getting this year, so please tell us how many seats you have?

thanks

I believe they said 100 medical places on their email they sent out yesterday. :smile:
I have recently submitted my Pre-Application, however I did not upload my References from my Referees as I thought the University themselves would email the Referees requesting references, as this is usually how it is done. My Pre-Application has now been converted to an official application, what should I do regarding the references ?

Thanks in advance

thanks

Hi zealme73
We have 100 places allocated and expect to fill all these places.

HI Medicalmisfit

Many Thanks

Will Access to Medicine qualification be accepted/considered from mature students for direct entry? I've had a look on the website and it doesn't mention anything??
What will happen if you have an a level exam on the day of your interview?
Original post by Candyfloss2404
I have recently submitted my Pre-Application, however I did not upload my References from my Referees as I thought the University themselves would email the Referees requesting references, as this is usually how it is done. My Pre-Application has now been converted to an official application, what should I do regarding the references ?

Thanks in advance

Hi Candyfloss2404

If you included email details of your referees then we will normally contact them to request a reference. We can check that this has happebed for you if you email your details to [email protected]
Hi zealme73
We have 100 places allocated and expect to fill all these places.

how many graduates and school leavers do you intend to take?
How many days within submitting the application should the referees send the references by? Or is there a particular date?

Thank you

Latest

Trending

Trending