The Student Room Group

American teacher lived double life as white nationalist podcaster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-43287546

"By day, Dayanna Volitich taught social studies at Crystal River Middle School in Florida. By night, the 25-year-old took on the pseudonym Tiana Dalichov and presented a podcast voicing white nationalist rhetoric.
In an episode from the Unapologetic podcast - which at the time of writing is accessible online - a guest calls for white supremacist teachers in schools and Ms Volitich as Tiana Dalichov replies: "I'm absolutely one of them.""

She was fired from her job after these revelations emerged. However, there has been some controversy as to whether she should have been fired for merely having beliefs considered 'wrong' by others, considering that she denies ever having taught these beliefs to children.

Do you think it was right for her to be fired?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
totally wrong for the teacher to be fired - far too many whiny snowflake teachers and students around these days

the right should be taught in schools - HItler's second book should be compulsory reading at UK schools now
I had a several lecturers in college that were marxists infact a couple were out and out communists and felt it was ok to shoehorn their beliefs into every subject. On the few occasions when somebody challenged them they would become very aggressive. Funny enough they were never sacked.
Original post by Trapz99
considering that she denies ever having taught these beliefs to children.

Oh well, who will believe her. Even if she was telling the truth you can't teach social studies to children and not in your teaching reflect your political or ideological beliefs. For example if she was teaching about gay marriage she would most likely show a reaction of disgust and hatred towards the topic same goes for slavery and immigration and this would later reflect on the children as they see the teacher as the most knowledgeable.
Original post by Just my opinion
I had a several lecturers in college that were marxists infact a couple were out and out communists and felt it was ok to shoehorn their beliefs into every subject. On the few occasions when somebody challenged them they would become very aggressive. Funny enough they were never sacked.

True, but fascist lecturers aren't sacked either. Just look at Jordan Peterson.
Reply 5
Original post by AngeryPenguin

He might or might not be a pig but i'm not sure how he can be described as a fascist?
Original post by So-Sarah
totally wrong for the teacher to be fired - far too many whiny snowflake teachers and students around these days

the right should be taught in schools - HItler's second book should be compulsory reading at UK schools now

Are you out of your mind? Ashamed I wasted time explaining the state of this country's homeless and benefits to you. You're not the type to understand things or care.
Original post by Napp
He might or might not be a pig but i'm not sure how he can be described as a fascist?

Get with the program Napp. Anybody to the right of Stalin is now a fascist
In fact now that I come to think of it you not knowing this makes you a fascist.

# "FASCIST SCUM OF OUR FORUMS...... FASCIST SCUM OFF OUR FORUMS!!!!"

"The famous quote " The fascists of the future will come disguised as anti-fascists". Who ever said it was spot on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Good riddance
Reply 9
I suspect somewhat hyperbolic use of the term "white supremacy". As there doesn't seem to be any other use of it these days.
The points she makes about Islam in the article are fair tbh.
(edited 6 years ago)
It's in little things like this that the BBC give away their political bias, there is not one piece of anything tangible in that article to explain why this woman is news. Nothing, only the usual crude accusations of being 'a white supremacist' we hear from every anti-republican in the US.

Really, this is not serious journalism. it is political activism by the BBC (and not very good either but that's lefties for you)

Go on, what did this woman do? I don't know, doesn't say in the political pamphlet by the Beeb.

VERDICT: MAJOR LEAGUE FAKE NEWS.

You're the true fascist, not him.
Original post by Just my opinion
I had a several lecturers in college that were marxists infact a couple were out and out communists and felt it was ok to shoehorn their beliefs into every subject. On the few occasions when somebody challenged them they would become very aggressive.

Of course they become aggressive, they are all like that. Incapable of accepting any electoral verdict against them, you can see their blood pressure go through the roof. For some reason there were never free elections in the regimes endorsed by the left.
Original post by zhog
It's in little things like this that the BBC give away their political bias, there is not one piece of anything tangible in that article to explain why this woman is news. Nothing, only the usual crude accusations of being 'a white supremacist' we hear from every anti-republican in the US.

Really, this is not serious journalism. it is political activism by the BBC (and not very good either but that's lefties for you)

Go on, what did this woman do? I don't know, doesn't say in the political pamphlet by the Beeb.

VERDICT: MAJOR LEAGUE FAKE NEWS.

How would this be fake news? Calling it fake news and using caps doesn't make it so.

Did the events happen? Was she fired? If those events happened then how would that be fake? The people who would look into it would be her employers. Clearly they felt she had breached the rules and decided they didnt want to employ her any more. The BBC are merely reporting the events and not passing opinion.

If the events did not happen or she was not the podcaster, then she will get a lawyer and sue her employers for $$$$. the BBC are reporting events and not making the accusations, that is a fundamental difference. If she did indeed say she wants all Muslims wiped off the face of the earth in her podcast , then that weld get you fired in a lot of jobs.
Original post by 999tigger

Did the events happen? Was she fired? If those events happened then how would that be fake? The people who would look into it would be her employers. Clearly they felt she had breached the rules and decided they didnt want to employ her any more. The BBC are merely reporting the events and not passing opinion.

The Beeb are reporting that someone we've never heard of has been sacked for being a white supremacist. With so much to report on in this world, this is what their editorial criteria is making a priority only because it sits so well with their political narrative and nothing else. The US and Trump, nationalism and Trump, white supremacists and Trump, Nazis and Trump, Hillary and Trump... Why is this any relevant news to us?

If the events did not happen or she was not the podcaster, then she will get a lawyer and sue her employers for $$$$. the BBC are reporting events and not making the accusations, that is a fundamental difference. If she did indeed say she wants all Muslims wiped off the face of the earth in her podcast , then that weld get you fired in a lot of jobs.

Lots of ifs and nothing to do with her daytimejob, maybe the Beeb just couldn't find anything more important and relevant to the world today. Definitely a step in political activism, though.
(edited 6 years ago)

That's interesting. Can you quote what you think a fascist is and why Jordan Peterson is one? Please use Jordan Peterson quotes to explain rather than what somebody else says about him.
Original post by zhog
The Beeb are reporting that someone we've never heard of has been sacked for being a white supremacist. With so much to report on in this world, this is what their editorial criteria is making a priority only because it sits so well with their political narrative and nothing else. The US and Trump, nationalism and Trump, white supremacists and Trump, Nazis and Trump, Hillary and Trump... Why is this any relevant news to us?

Lots of ifs and nothing to do with her daytimejob, maybe the Beeb just couldn't find anything more important and relevant to the world today. Definitely a step in political activism, though.

I found it interesting. They report on a lot of stuff from around the world. Social media and the internet are quite newsworthy these days and this is an example of someone leading a dual life. They didnt invent it, it was a newsworthy event. Are you only interested in UK news? Nobody forced you to read it.

You are pretty insecure about this. If it happened in a UK school then they would report it as well. It has everything to do with her daytime job. You think people its suitable to have white supremacists teachers in school?

I don't like to disagree with you my friend but Jordan Peteson is not a fascist. He is the contrary. He's anti alt right and anti-fascist and anti- far right wing. He's liberal. He's been fighting far right ideologies for nearly 30 years. He also criticises leftists because he does that the left have falsely and maliciously labelled him as a far right wing person to discredit his name,

[video="youtube;D5fNu1d0iJw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5fNu1d0iJw[/video]
(edited 6 years ago)
why can't people just be nice to each other ?

:emo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending