The Student Room Group

Msc in public health or msc for a physician associate

Anyone done or doing an msc in public health or as a physician associate? If so, any pros/cons, where are you studying? How are you funding your course?etc....
I personally dont know which one is best to apply for. Help please. Thank you xx
Original post by Phoebe444
Anyone done or doing an msc in public health or as a physician associate? If so, any pros/cons, where are you studying? How are you funding your course?etc....
I personally dont know which one is best to apply for. Help please. Thank you xx

Two very different degrees and possible career paths. What do you want to do career wise?
Original post by Phoebe444

Hi Phoebe
I'm doing an MSc Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Pros of the course at the school
- plenty of modules to choose from - either further your interest in an area, or pick topics new to you. There are 5 streams: general, health promotion, environment and health, health economics, health services management, health services research. I think if you choose what you're interested in, then the world is your oyster in regards to job opportunities. The school is world-renowned and respected - so no issues with the masters not being recognised! School is central London - many libraries at your disposal, student central+energybase literally around the corner.

Cons - too many modules to choose from??
- as alleycat said, it depends what you're trying to get out of the course..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending