(edited 3 years ago)
Will you be doing the same course?
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Will you be doing the same course?

su
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jh61
No, we'll probably be doing very different courses.

Then you're fine. Universities are huge and you'll rarely see each other, if at all.
Reply 6
doubt you'll run into them. i barely even bump into people from my course. plus, they'll likely find their own troubles, their own group of friends, their own workload to worry about, they probably won't bother you in the off-chance you do see each other
Original post by jh61
I'm not sure, I tried using my new name at school as a nickname, but he's so popular that everyone realised I wasn't telling them my real name and it got weird.

You'll likely never be around him so I really wouldn't worry about it
Reply 8
Original post by jh61
I'm not sure, I tried using my new name at school as a nickname, but he's so popular that everyone realised I wasn't telling them my real name and it got weird.

Popularity in school honestly doesn't transfer to Uni. As you have quite rightly suggested, Uni is an opportunity to re-invent yourself and this means that many previously quiet/unassuming types propel themselves to the front whilst some of the previously cocky/overconfident characters fail to project themselves as the leaders they assume themselves to be.

I agree with the previous poster; Uni is massive and, provided you are not studying within the same department or living in the same halls, you are unlikely to see anything much of one another.

I also agree with you that this is too important an opportunity to risk on someone you fundamentally don't trust so perhaps you need to take their options/choices into account when making your final decisions about where to firm.

An alternative would be to stick to your chosen Uni but defer a year as arriving after he has formed all his relationships and moved out of halls makes it exceptionally unlikely that he will even notice your arrival...
Reply 9
Original post by JennLousie
You'll likely never be around him so I really wouldn't worry about it

su
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jh61
I suppose you're right. Do you think I should talk to him about who I really am before I go to university to straighten things out? We used to be really good friends, but then I started hanging out with different people and neglected him. And I've been feeling awkward for while about it.

That's up to you really
Reply 11
Original post by Dr Gin
Popularity in school honestly doesn't transfer to Uni. As you have quite rightly suggested, Uni is an opportunity to re-invent yourself and this means that many previously quiet/unassuming types propel themselves to the front whilst some of the previously cocky/overconfident characters fail to project themselves as the leaders they assume themselves to be.

I agree with the previous poster; Uni is massive and, provided you are not studying within the same department or living in the same halls, you are unlikely to see anything much of one another.

I also agree with you that this is too important an opportunity to risk on someone you fundamentally don't trust so perhaps you need to take their options/choices into account when making your final decisions about where to firm.

An alternative would be to stick to your chosen Uni but defer a year as arriving after he has formed all his relationships and moved out of halls makes it exceptionally unlikely that he will even notice your arrival...

su
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by jh61
I suppose that's true, I'm just hoping that he won't bring up my past and share it with others.

We're not doing the same course, but we might end up in the same halls.

I really don't want to defer, I absolutely want to go to uni this year. I think I might talk with him and straighten things out before uni, if we go to the same one.

Sounds like a plan. I would definitely wait until results day has been and gone: so much changes at the last minute (he may end up unexpectedly miles away) and it doesn't sound as though you want to expose your thoughts/feelings to him unless you have to...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending