The Student Room Group

A- level physics Revision

What are you guys using to revise for the physics exams in 14 weeks? I know a few like isaac physics and old past paper questions from every exam board. Any others suggestions? Anything posted here will be helpful to anyone else who sees this!! Thank you!
Doing as many questions as possible, making sure I understand the theories and concepts and learning the practicals. You?
Pretty much the same. I'm making a handbook for experiments and lists of the definitions, equations and equipment. I've also made a spreadsheet so I can keep track of what I have and haven't done. I'll be using the Isaac physics books and website too.
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Doing as many questions as possible, making sure I understand the theories and concepts and learning the practicals. You?

How are you going about learning the practicals?
Original post by DetectiveMe
How are you going about learning the practicals?

I have this really good book that covers all practicals and measurements thoroughly, and ever other day I pick an experiment, write down everything about it and learn it. I can give you the name of the book if you're interested, it's for the AQA spec.
I have this really good book that covers all practicals and measurements thoroughly, and ever other day I pick an experiment, write down everything about it and learn it. I can give you the name of the book if you're interested, it's for the AQA spec.
Yes please, that would be so helpful!
I can post a link of a spreadsheet that I have made to keep track of my revision, if that would be helpful to anyone?
Yes please, that would be so helpful!

Its available on amazon and its called Practical Physics by Graham George and Kevin Lawrence.

I also higly recommend you get this other book called AQA physics PRactice test papers, which essentially has one of each paper we'll be doing in the summer to practice with after you revise
Reply 8
Its available on amazon and its called Practical Physics by Graham George and Kevin Lawrence.

I also higly recommend you get this other book called AQA physics PRactice test papers, which essentially has one of each paper we'll be doing in the summer to practice with after you revise

are the papers similair to the actual ones? (Spec papers?)
Original post by yusyus
are the papers similair to the actual ones? (Spec papers?)

Yes they are entirely based on the AQA spec and they're meant to be like the real ones.
Reply 10
Yes they are entirely based on the AQA spec and they're meant to be like the real ones.

ahh ill be sure to look into them, also one more question, what practicals do we have to learn? all of the cpacs?
Original post by yusyus
ahh ill be sure to look into them, also one more question, what practicals do we have to learn? all of the cpacs?

Yes, assuming your AQA, you have to learn all 12 of them. I recommend reading the spec as it has everything you need to learnhttp://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/specifications/AQA-7407-7408-SP-2015.PDF
Reply 12
Yes, assuming your AQA, you have to learn all 12 of them. I recommend reading the spec as it has everything you need to learnhttp://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/physics/specifications/AQA-7407-7408-SP-2015.PDF

Thanks, I had no idea we had to learn all of them.
Also on a bit more related note Since I used up the AQA spec papers the OCR A specimen ones are pretty good and seem similair to the new spec AQA ones.
Also the old spec ISA papers (and applied physics if you're doing engineering) are really useful
Are the papers practise papers? So papers that aren't online? And thanks for the book recommendation! I think I'll get it. There was another book on the required practicals for AQA but it is quite new and I didn't think I had time to experiment, so this is perfect timing!

Are the papers practise papers? So papers that aren't online? And thanks for the book recommendation! I think I'll get it. There was another book on the required practicals for AQA but it is quite new and I didn't think I had time to experiment, so this is perfect timing!

Yup they're practice, so they were made from scratch for AQA and you wont find them online. Good luck on revision!
Yup they're practice, so they were made from scratch for AQA and you wont find them online. Good luck on revision!

Thanks a lot and good luck to you too!

Quick Reply

Latest