The Student Room Group

Maths 2018

Honetly, maths is literally my worst subject right now I'm supposedly set 1 and always reivse really hard and it never pays off and I end up getting grade 4's (which is really infuriating). All I want to do is do well but it's starting to feel impossible does anyone have any maths tips???
What year are u in?
Original post by Samantha.moran
What year are u in?

Maths Genie, Corbett Maths, CGP Maths workbook (very helpful).
To improve in maths you literally just have to practice and do so many questions.
Original post by Ella-Dunleavy01

One revision tip I should have used was to revise something a few times:
- a few times within a couple days of learning
- something similar again within a week of learning
- the same deal again within 2 weeks
- and at least one time every 2 weeks, just to make sure that I don't forget the smallest little things.
Hope its of help :smile:

Sorry I was just asking but not to make u feel bad- I’m in yr9 and have level 4 and I thought I was failing
Sorry I was just asking but not to make u feel bad- I’m in yr9 and have level 4 and I thought I was failing

Is it a grade or level 4 there different things? and tbh I am failing

No grade 4 like the new GCSE level

You are fine,I did maths last year and got a 7. Both mocks I got 3's.Past papers are the way to go as the questions repeat themselves
Honetly, maths is literally my worst subject right now I'm supposedly set 1 and always reivse really hard and it never pays off and I end up getting grade 4's (which is really infuriating). All I want to do is do well but it's starting to feel impossible does anyone have any maths tips???

Wait sorry ur in set one but ur getting grade 4?? Is it Bcos if ur teacher? ://

Trust me year 9 grades mean nothing. I was a straight F student in y7,straight c's in y8/9, year 10 straight b's, year 11 straight U's /3's in mocks. GCSE results 5C's/5's, 4B's and a 7
And I put equal effort in
Im in set 2 and I keep getting 4's, 5's, 4's again and my marks on exam papers range from 11-36
My target grades a 6 I would like a 7
:/

lol uve only learnt year 9s worth of maths
Practice papers, maths genie, mathswatch
Hi there :wavey:
I've moved your thread to the Maths forum where hopefully you'll get more answers :smile: In future, it's best to select the subject from the list here and create a thread in there instead :yep: If you want to see where threads belong, check out this thread :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
I was in exactly your position last year I got my mock exams from the summer of year 10 back and I had done awfully and the maths exams were in two months from then. I felt like there was no way I was going to pass maths but with some dedication, motivation and A LOT of past papers everything went very well. Just keep working hard and I promise you it will all be worth it in the end even if it doesn't feel like it now. 😊
the only way to revise maths is to practice maths.
if you've learnt the content you need to be doing past papers.

It just gets harder in year 11 thats why I could do it well the last two years

Quick Reply

Latest