The Student Room Group

GCSE 7s & 8s? (GYG 2018)

GCSE 7s & 8s?

Hiiii, I am currently in year 11 and beginning to prepare for my GCSEs. It may be a bit late to start a "Grow Your Grades" blog but I really want to track my progress from now until the exams. :biggrin:

My Mock Exam Results:

Spoiler

My Predicted/Personal Target Grades:

Spoiler

I know, I know, my personal target grades are very high and unlikely but I am going to try really hard from now until my exams to get as close as I can!

What I Need To Work On: I only left myself 3 weeks to revise for my mock exams so I only had time to briefly cover the sciences and do a maths past paper which is why a couple of my grades are lower than the rest. I started light revision about 2 weeks ago and I have just finished briefly revising paper 1 for all sciences (except the quantitative stuff in chem). I only managed to do this because we had 3 days off school because of all the snow!! :wink: I have also finished conflict and tension in history and I am starting Germany today. My aim is that in 4 weeks time, when the Easter holidays start, I will have finished all of science, history and french. For the sciences I need to start using practice papers because I have never done that before and- especially for biology- feel it is what I need to do to up my grade. Physics I need to knuckle down with because we have only had a physics teacher for 4 months since the start of year 10 so we haven't been taught any of paper 2 yet!!! In maths and English lessons we are doing revision so I won't need to do much at home apart from read the books we are studying for English. My french grade for my mocks really dropped. My previous predicted grade was a 7 but it went down to a 5!! I am currently learning answers to practice question and doing vocab. Art I am really behind on but what can you do? How I got my business mock score I have no clue because I wasn't even nervous for the exam because I was that sure I was going to fail. This has told me I most likely won't need to revise much business so I am not going to do too much.

I will try to regularly update this blog and I hope I motivate at least one person to start revising!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
03/03/2018
Today I plan on:

Starting revising Germany for history.

Practice French questions.

Go through maths past paper homework and retry the questions I am stuck on.

Corbettmaths exercise.

Go through all science paper 1 flashcards.

Go on dog walk.

(Finish making science notes?).

(Finish writing up science practicals?).

I've got a lot to do today so should probably get started.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
03/03/2018

Today I managed to do some French revision, go through my science flashcards for paper 1, go on a dog walk, do a corbett maths 5-a-day, went through my maths practice paper homework and worked through questions I was stuck on, and started writing flashcards/familiarising myself with the Weimar Republic and Kaiser Wilhelm II. Only just finished and realised 10 minutes ago I also have biology homework but I am going to do that tomorrow- I have done quite a bit today. However, I don't feel confident with history but it will just take some revising.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
04/03/2018

Today I wrote flashcards for Hitler's rise and consolidation of power, baked a cake and some cupcakes for my sister's birthday and wrote up the 7th required practical for physics. I planned on doing more today but I didn't wake up until 10 which is reallllyyy late for me :colondollar:! I didn't even go on a dog walk today. I finished at 4ish which is quite early but I have done so much work since Wednesday I thought it fair to finish earlier. Also, I'm not sure if anyone is reading this blog!!? I'm not sure how to find out either :s-smilie:. Anyway, our school told us we are back to school tomorrow unfortunately so back to the usual routine. I have made a super long list of what I need to get done next week and it is massive. I seem to be losing motivation but I'm not sure how to get over it; I just feel what I am doing is a bit pointless even though it probs isn't :frown:.
hello, good luck with your gcses:smile: you sound really productive and motivated:tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by entertainmyfaith
hello, good luck with your gcses:smile: you sound really productive and motivated:tongue:

Thank you but lets just hope i keep it up to the exams!!I
Are you doing your GCSEs?
Original post by pop5tar
Thank you but lets just hope i keep it up to the exams!!I
Are you doing your GCSEs?

yes, doing them this summer and i'm dreading the time it comes:redface: i do all the core subjects along with french, re, computer science, business and geography:s-smilie: what are you thinking of doing for a-level?:tongue:
Reply 7
yes, doing them this summer and i'm dreading the time it comes:redface: i do all the core subjects along with french, re, computer science, business and geography:s-smilie: what are you thinking of doing for a-level?:tongue:

:wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by pop5tar
I have chosen biology, chemistry, maths and English but we also have to do this thing called pre-u which I think is like an epq so I plan on dropping one of these 4 choices but I can't decide which one yet so I am going to see which is my least fav!! What about you??

ooh, good subjects! and i chose english lit, psychology and sociology though i might change sociology to geography i'm not too sure yet:smile: i don't know if i'm gonna do the epq, i'm sure it's a good qualification but i'm horrible at managing my time:redface:
Reply 9
ooh, good subjects! and i chose english lit, psychology and sociology though i might change sociology to geography i'm not too sure yet:smile: i don't know if i'm gonna do the epq, i'm sure it's a good qualification but i'm horrible at managing my time:redface:

All them subjects to really well together! I can't wait for english!! I have heard the epq is a lot of work but it is compulsory at my school. You could always take it and drop it if you hated it!
Original post by pop5tar
All them subjects to really well together! I can't wait for english!! I have heard the epq is a lot of work but it is compulsory at my school. You could always take it and drop it if you hated it!

yeah, i'm thinking of doin' that:tongue: we'll see when the time comes.
and english looks like so much work at a-level:colondollar:
Reply 11
yeah, i'm thinking of doin' that:tongue: we'll see when the time comes.
and english looks like so much work at a-level:colondollar:

I know it does!!My teacher assured me he doesn't set much homework though so that's good!
Reply 12
05/03/2018

Went to school today and sprained my finger in pe ☹️! Was also really tired because I didn't sleep well AT ALL last night so I came home from school and was too tired to do much work. I realised at half 6 that I should get some work done because I have a maths paper 2 mock tomorrow so I looked over some notes I made about topics I need work on and then I did my biology homework and finished off my biology notes for the adaptations, etc. Topic. It's my sisters birthday tomorrow so I might not do anything and, therefore, post so see you Wednesday... possibly?? X 😃😜A5DD734F-2554-4284-8419-818A8DFEDDF1.jpg.jpeg
3EAD69D5-B5CB-4EDF-8B31-592761F9F50F.jpg.jpegE30BB880-573A-49DF-BA9D-54031077321C.jpg.jpeg
5DA7A594-6BDB-4151-9CCE-F2CF650FAFC0.jpg.jpeg
i love your notes!:love:
.Hi! :hi:
Good luck with your GCSE'S. You can achieve your dreams!
I will definitely follow your gyg.
Original post by pop5tar
05/03/2018

Went to school today and sprained my finger in pe ☹️! Was also really tired because I didn't sleep well AT ALL last night so I came home from school and was too tired to do much work. I realised at half 6 that I should get some work done because I have a maths paper 2 mock tomorrow so I looked over some notes I made about topics I need work on and then I did my biology homework and finished off my biology notes for the adaptations, etc. Topic. It's my sisters birthday tomorrow so I might not do anything and, therefore, post so see you Wednesday... possibly?? X 😃😜A5DD734F-2554-4284-8419-818A8DFEDDF1.jpg.jpeg
3EAD69D5-B5CB-4EDF-8B31-592761F9F50F.jpg.jpegE30BB880-573A-49DF-BA9D-54031077321C.jpg.jpeg
5DA7A594-6BDB-4151-9CCE-F2CF650FAFC0.jpg.jpeg

Ouch.Hope your finger is ok!?
I am loving your posters:smile:
Reply 16
i love your notes!:love:

Thank you!!!!! 😃
Reply 17
Original post by donut_mckenzie28
.Hi! :hi:
Good luck with your GCSE'S. You can achieve your dreams!
I will definitely follow your gyg.

Thank you! Do you have a gyg blog?
#
Original post by pop5tar
Thank you! Do you have a gyg blog?

Yes.I would like you to tag me for updates, please.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5093778#primary_content
Reply 19
Original post by donut_mckenzie28
#

Yes.I would like you to tag me for updates, please.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5093778#primary_content

I think i have tagged you correctly but I'm not sure how to check c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending