The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do this?

I was considering getting a boxing bag for at home, mainly to let out anger and stress I have in my life. Another question as it just came across in my mind, is it possible from someone to going from having never boxed in their life to a professional in 9 years?

Scroll to see replies

AJ started boxing at 18

Original post by Ryanthom100
I was considering getting a boxing bag for at home, mainly to let out anger and stress I have in my life. Another question as it just came across in my mind, is it possible from someone to going from having never boxed in their life to a professional in 9 years?
Original post by yourgyalsmcm
AJ started boxing at 18

I know, I find that amazing tbh, is there anyone else who started around 18?
I actually had one but never used it like having a gym at home you will just use it three of four times
Give it s try but you will be the same as me
I finally joined a boxing gym i think thats gonna eork on you as well
Original post by Bidar1990
I actually had one but never used it like having a gym at home you will just use it three of four times
Give it s try but you will be the same as me
I finally joined a boxing gym i think thats gonna eork on you as well

Hmm okay, I for some reason am scared about boxing or something at my gym though. I don't mind working out there but I think my punches are weak af and I feel that I feel embarrass myself. I mean, its better buying this than Far Cry 5.
Didn’t really get what you mean
Didn’t really get what you mean

What don't u get?
What you meant!
Reply 8
Hmm okay, I for some reason am scared about boxing or something at my gym though. I don't mind working out there but I think my punches are weak af and I feel that I feel embarrass myself. I mean, its better buying this than Far Cry 5.

The hell you on about, noone judges you. You're there to improve. Im sure they would have seen worse than you. Just make sure to throw the basic punches a practice them for a week. They won't care, they will teach you. You need a stance before that. Boxing is more than just throwing punches. Boxing clubs are so good will learn how to box, keep up good levels of fitness and discipline. Noone can match an athletes (especially a fighters) discipline. Discipline is the most important aspect in anything you will ever do.
What you meant!

I'm scared that i'm going to embarrass myself if I punch the bag at my gym. Or go to boxing classes.
Don’t be embarrassed that’s sth normal suit yourself man good luck
Original post by jdddd
The hell you on about, noone judges you. You're there to improve. Im sure they would have seen worse than you. Just make sure to throw the basic punches a practice them for a week. They won't care, they will teach you. You need a stance before that. Boxing is more than just throwing punches. Boxing clubs are so good will learn how to box, keep up good levels of fitness and discipline. Noone can match an athletes (especially a fighters) discipline. Discipline is the most important aspect in anything you will ever do.

I know that boxing isn't all about punches, it's about footwork being technical and discipline. Hmm okay I will look into boxing as I might as well, it will be fun. I will look for clubs near me, i'm going to university in Leeds in September so that may be an issue though.
Don’t be embarrassed that’s sth normal suit yourself man good luck

Thanks I appreciate it.
I'm scared that i'm going to embarrass myself if I punch the bag at my gym. Or go to boxing classes.

Everyone has to start from somewhere, but if your not comfortable dont pressure yourself.
Reply 14
I know that boxing isn't all about punches, it's about footwork being technical and discipline. Hmm okay I will look into boxing as I might as well, it will be fun. I will look for clubs near me, i'm going to university in Leeds in September so that may be an issue though.

Exactly so noones going to judge you on punches when everything else isn't great and you have never boxed before im guessing? No it shouldn't be! Most Universities have their own boxing clubs! Email Leeds and ask them if they have! Leeds will also have a few boxing clubs anyway, stop making excuses😉
Original post by jdddd
Exactly so noones going to judge you on punches when everything else isn't great and you have never boxed before im guessing? No it shouldn't be! Most Universities have their own boxing clubs! Email Leeds and ask them if they have! Leeds will also have a few boxing clubs anyway, stop making excuses😉

yeah I have never boxed before. Yeah I looked just now, Leeds union have a boxing club, it's like £20 a year and £3.50 per session, idk if that's good or not lol. Okay I will try to stop lmao
Yoooo, after my GCSE's I want to start boxing as well.
Hell, i'm no muscly dude (pretty much stereotypical asain dude) but I was praised when I used to do other Martial Arts for my speed. To bad I have a glass chin, sloppy footwork and slow reaction time/ability to anticipate and dodge punches ;/
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
yeah I have never boxed before. Yeah I looked just now, Leeds union have a boxing club, it's like £20 a year and £3.50 per session, idk if that's good or not lol. Okay I will try to stop lmao

£20 a year what a bargain haha Should be good literally all you need is a speed bag, heavy bag ring, hand wraps, some gloves, a ring, maybe head gear and an alright trainer, im guessing they will use Uni students from sport to train just a guess if not will be a decent trajner anyway! But definitley try go to one before and learn the fundamentals!

What you gonna study?
Original post by mc_miah
Yoooo, after my GCSE's I want to start boxing as well.
Hell, i'm no muscly dude (pretty much asain twink) but I was praised when I used to do other Martial Arts for my speed. To bad I have a glass chin, sloppy footwork and slow reaction time/ability to anticipate and dodge punches ;/

hmm try to improve that stuff then, good luck bro

Quick Reply

Latest