The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by younggallicooper
Omds don't think that, French is a competitive subject to get in to as well! You should be absolutely proud of yourself. Congratssss

Thank you so much!
Original post by Plagioclase
Off the top of my head I think languages graduates at Oxford have amongst the best rates of professional employment so I don't think you need to worry about that!

Thank you! Certainly makes me feel a lot better about my decision :smile:
Original post by Bluesky90
Has anyone got their confirmation emails yet because after you accept your place they said they'll send an email in 48 hours ? I'm so confused

I haven't received mine yet, and it looks like lots of people on this thread haven't either!
Has anyone got their confirmation emails yet because after you accept your place they said they'll send an email in 48 hours ? I'm so confused

Yh I got mine. When you accept your place there'll be information on the new pop up that says you'll be sent an email with further information in up to 12 or 18 days (I don't remember the exact number but I know it was defo over 10 days) so don't worry
When I accepted my place it still let me log back in and accept it again? Is that normal?
When I accepted my place it still let me log back in and accept it again? Is that normal?

That's happened to me too! I'm going to assume yes, as someone else said they went back and accepted multiple times to check. I haven't had an email yet either (I'll assume you haven't), so I don't know what to think. I may email tomorrow to check - as someone else pointed out, if you accept the day the emails were sent (Wednesday) and you have until this Wednesday to do so, but it may also take 15 days for your email to arrive, then you're in limbo for over a week, not knowing whether you've unfairly had your place withdrawn after accepting
Original post by thewinterstudent
That's happened to me too! I'm going to assume yes, as someone else said they went back and accepted multiple times to check. I haven't had an email yet either (I'll assume you haven't), so I don't know what to think. I may email tomorrow to check - as someone else pointed out, if you accept the day the emails were sent (Wednesday) and you have until this Wednesday to do so, but it may also take 15 days for your email to arrive, then you're in limbo for over a week, not knowing whether you've unfairly had your place withdrawn after accepting

glad that I'm not the only one, just have to wait I suppose there's nothing you can do about it. I'm not sure if I should email them about it either or just wait it out
(edited 6 years ago)
If you do email them post can you post their reply please 😊
I got accepted for the summer maths course 🎉
Original post by abbieevans16
I got accepted for the summer maths course 🎉

Well done! What week are you going ?
Original post by stella9701
hi!! Congrats! I got accepted on to the Spanish course and wanna make some kind of group chat for people who are there between 15th - 20th July :smile:)

Hiya! I'm there between these dates, on History: Race and Protest course! Congratulations on getting a place!
Original post by HT2412
Hiya! I'm there between these dates, on History: Race and Protest course! Congratulations on getting a place!

Thank you! Congrats to you too!!
Well done! What week are you going ?

I’m going the week from the 29th of July
If you do email them post can you post their reply please 😊

I've sent an email yesterday so I'll let you know what they say.

After you confirm the information contradicts itself as it says you'll receive an email within 2 weeks and then says again you'll receive an email within 48hrs.
Original post by HT2412
I've sent an email yesterday so I'll let you know what they say.

After you confirm the information contradicts itself as it says you'll receive an email within 2 weeks and then says again you'll receive an email within 48hrs.

That's good, thank you

And i noticed that it does contradict itself, hopefully they'll get it sorted
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 215
I’ve just received an e-mail confirming my place & asking for another form to be filled out, anyone else??

Ennit I confirmed mine but if you press the link you can confirm again
and they haven't sent me any email yet and it's been almost a week
Original post by leviaxx
I’ve just received an e-mail confirming my place & asking for another form to be filled out, anyone else??

Are you doing the summer school or spring
cuz im doing the summer school and I haven't received anything confirming my place
is your deadline to confirm a place 13:00 8th march??
Reply 218
Original post by Pakora99
Are you doing the summer school or spring
cuz im doing the summer school and I haven't received anything confirming my place
is your deadline to confirm a place 13:00 8th march??

yep i’m on the summer course & i was literally sent the email about an hour ago
Original post by leviaxx
yep i’m on the summer course & i was literally sent the email about an hour ago

Just emailed UNIQ to see whether they've received my confirmation
Because I'm a bit worried now

Quick Reply

Latest