The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster 2018 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Bibliophile-
Name: Nandini
Subjects studying: French, History, English Literature and Politics.
Test + interview score: 504
Interests: Reading.
Other places applied to - Woodhouse College, Latymer School.

You're doing 3 out of my 4 subjects; English Lit, History and Politics!

I wanted to go to Woodhouse, but it was in a very inconvenient location to where I lived.
Original post by tedgfbtebfetedfb
Cant wait for economics

I feel like my dad is so annoyed that I switched Economics to Philosophy...
Original post by freddiesehgal02
sounds mad. अगर तुम संस्कृत सीख रहे हो, तो शायद तुमको हिंदी भी आती है?

Lol main hindee nahin bolata hoon, main sirph sanskrt likh sakata hoon jaisa ki mainne GCSE ke lie kiya tha.
Original post by fiddletrio
Lol main hindee nahin bolata hoon, main sirph sanskrt likh sakata hoon jaisa ki mainne GCSE ke lie kiya tha.

looool अच्छा, पर तुम्हारी हिंदी काफ़ी ठीक लगती है। Bharat mein tum kahaan se ho?
(edited 6 years ago)
looool अच्छा, पर तुम्हारी हिंदी काफ़ी ठीक लगती है। Bharat mein tum kahaan se ho?

google translated half the sentence..... also my parents were both born here and so was I, but my grandparents are from India, Kenya and Uganda
google translated half the sentence..... also my parents were both born here and so was I, but my grandparents are from India, Kenya and Uganda

lol sorry just clocked my questions in Hindi come across really blunt.

yh, my grandma has a few friends also of Indian origin who lived in Uganda.

Obvs I'm just half Indian anyways, I was born here in London (mum born in India, though).
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Hey guys!

I’ve made this thread for all those who received an offer for a place at Harris Westminster Sixth Form for September 2018. Now that the applicants process is over, maybe we can get to know each other a little bit more!

So if you want to, please feel obliged to enter the following below:

Name:
Test + interview score:
Age/birthday:
Interests:
Other places applied to:

Thanks very much!

Name: Ebonnie
Subjects studying: maths, chemistry, physics, biology.
Age/ birthday: 15 ( 14/06/2002)
Interests: Reading, dancing and music (listening, playing and composing)
Other places applied to: LAE, the NCS, and my own school's sixth form.
lol sorry just clocked my questions in Hindi come across really blunt.

yh, my grandma has a few friends also of Indian origin who lived in Uganda.

Obvs I'm just half Indian anyways, I was born here in London (mum born in India, though).

ah cool! whats ur sc?
Original post by CaribbeanScholar
Name: Ebonnie
Subjects studying: maths, chemistry, physics, biology.
Age/ birthday: 15 ( 14/06/2002)
Interests: Reading, dancing and music (listening, playing and composing)
Other places applied to: LAE, the NCS, and my own school's sixth form.

Hi there :smile:

How are you feeling about your final score?
Hi there :smile:

How are you feeling about your final score?

Yo kwabz maybe tad bit rude mate ngl.....
Yo kwabz maybe tad bit rude mate ngl.....

Rude? How? (I apologise if that did seem rude btw)
Original post by Xhess
Name: Xhess
Subjects studying: Bio,Chem,History and core maths because they changed it for me
Test + interview score: 580
Age/birthday: 15 -
Interests: Philosophy , Reading , Sports , Science
Other places applied to: Holland Park,Harris,Twyford and a few others.
Higher education choices: Don't know yet - but definitely a Russell Group Uni/Top Uni

omg i applied to twyford too and got in. i will also be doing history and maths and economics and english literature, i hope to do law and go to perhaps LSE, dont really have interests, i got 574. idek if i should go harris westminister because i dont want to do 4 a levels, 3 a levels are enough and i think it is extra pressure
Original post by bfgg123
omg i applied to twyford too and got in. i will also be doing history and maths and economics and english literature, i hope to do law and go to perhaps LSE, dont really have interests, i got 574. idek if i should go harris westminister because i dont want to do 4 a levels, 3 a levels are enough and i think it is extra pressure

I feel that too. I think they do allow you to drop; but it's really hard.
Rude? How? (I apologise if that did seem rude btw)

Only because she achieved a lower score than you, it could be perceived as bragging by asking her opinion of her score tbh. No hard feelings.
Original post by bfgg123

I know at least 50 ppl currently at or with offers for twyford; its a very good state skl!
Only because she achieved a lower score than you, it could be perceived as bragging by asking her opinion of her score tbh. No hard feelings.

OMG nooo, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it like that...

Hope she sees this and understands that I wasn't trying to brag or be rude..
Hey guys!
I've been offered a place at Harris Westminster, but I have a slight dilemma. I was originally going to study English Literature, History, Economics, and Government and politics, however now that I've got the chance to change a subject i think i want to switch Government & Politics with Philosophy. The only worry i have is that I'll be studying two pre-U subjects (which is apparently very difficult) as well as doing history and economics (difficult even at GCSE!). I don't want to misinterpret how much work I'm willing to do and then ruin my A-level grades, so any suggestions?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by _Montreal1907-
Hey guys!
I've been offered a place at Harris Westminster, but I have a slight dilemma. I was originally going to study English Literature, History, Economics, and Government and politics, however now that I've got the chance to change a subject i think i want to switch Government & Politics with Philosophy. The only worry i have is that I'll be studying two pre-U subjects (which is apparently very difficult) as well as doing history and economics (difficult even at GCSE!). I don't want to misinterpret how much work I'm willing to do and then ruin my A-level grades, so any suggestions?

I'm so happy - I found two people doing subjects equal/similar to me! I was gonna do English Lit, History, Politics and Economics, but switched to Philosophy as I didn't find the Maths aspect of the Economics course appealing.

I understand how two Pre-Us instead of two A-Levels can be a lot of work. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too much; especially if you get used to them over the course of time.
Thats true, I think i'll go for it and do philosophy instead then. Plus i'll be a lot more motivated to do work being surrounded by people who want to learn rather than those who don't in secondary. From what I've seen in the thread everyone is quite passionate about their subjects, which i'm really pleased about!
I feel that too. I think they do allow you to drop; but it's really hard.

i hope that you're allowed to drop

Quick Reply

Latest