The Student Room Group

Guys how would you feel if a girl bought you a drink?

I've bought a guy a drink on a night out, actually probably more than once because I either had to spend £10 to use my card lol or the bartender accidentally charged me for an extra drink because they didn't hear me over the music. I usually ask the person next to me if they'd like a drink, always a guy lol but they act surprised and get happy but now I'm thinking should I buy a guy a drink on nights out 🤔

Maybe this is the way forward we'll sometimes, I usually feel guilty when guys offer to buy me drinks.
Reply 1
I'm always sound with other people buying my ale.
I’d feel delighted if a girl bought me a drink, I think it’s very kind and the polar opposite to what many girls who think they’re entitled the world would do. Just be careful to clearly distinguish this action between a guy you’re just being friendly with and a guy that you find attractive and want to go down that route with - other guys may view you buying them a drink a sign of sexual interest when it probably isn’t, but if it actually is then give the guy clear hints
Reply 3
It happened once..... a girl in a club just walked up to me and the first thing she said was "would you like a drink?"

Due to gender roles I felt a bit uncomfortable having a female stranger buy me the drink and was about to politely say no, then it dawned on me that if I said no she would take that as i'm not interested in her ....so reluctantly I said yes and she bought me a drink.

I don't think there's anything wrong with women buying a man a drink, but due to traditional gender roles I did feel a bit funny.............
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I’d feel delighted if a girl bought me a drink, I think it’s very kind and the polar opposite to what many girls who think they’re entitled the world would do. Just be careful to clearly distinguish this action between a guy you’re just being friendly with and a guy that you find attractive and want to go down that route with - other guys may view you buying them a drink a sign of sexual interest when it probably isn’t, but if it actually is then give the guy clear hints

I get what you mean, when I gave a male coursemate a drink that the bartender have given to me as an extra drink I didn't order, he was looking at me as if I like him but the truth is I ordered two shots of tequila and a snakebite and tbh I didn't want to have to hold two snakebite pints for god knows how long around the club when I'm already holding my bag.
Reply 5
Original post by ANM775
It happened once..... a girl in a club just walked up to me and the first thing she said was "would you like a drink?"

Due to gender roles I felt a bit uncomfortable having a female stranger buy me the drink and was about to politely say no, then it dawned on me that if I said no she would take that as i'm not interested in her ....so reluctantly I said yes and she bought me a drink.

I don't think there's anything wrong with women buying a man a drink, but due to traditional gender roles I did feel a bit funny.............

Yeah I don't think I'd directly walk up to a guy and ask, probably only at the bar if we're ordering and I have to spend a little more.
Reply 6
I would
Very horny
i would feel very uncomfortable with receiving a drink from a girl, but thats partly because i dont like getting things for free anyway. but yeah i'd rather we bought our own drinks.
Reply 9
I would love it but I would feel like I owe her the next round, I couldn’t just take it and leave like some girls do to guys
Original post by Zxyn
I would love it but I would feel like I owe her the next round, I couldn’t just take it and leave like some girls do to guys

I understand, tbh I don't really drinks from guys because I feel bad lol
Original post by Laomedeia
Very horny

Lol
Original post by CollectiveSoul
i would feel very uncomfortable with receiving a drink from a girl, but thats partly because i dont like getting things for free anyway. but yeah i'd rather we bought our own drinks.

Fair enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending