The Student Room Group

Drop out when it's almost over?

So I'm basically halfway through my undergraduate degree and I know it is not for me. I've known pretty much this entire time, but I thought if I stuck it out maybe it'd appeal to me? Only it hasn't... at all. :frown:Realistically, it's only 1 more year but I don't give a damn about my degree so is it worth it?

What do I do?
What’s the degree? What do you want to do job-wise, and what would you do if you dropped out?
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan2012
What’s the degree? What do you want to do job-wise, and what would you do if you dropped out?

I'm doing Psychology. Job wise I have considered trying to be a teacher (maybe of philosophy) so if I dropped out, I would take some time away from uni and re-apply to study philosophy instead
I'm not sure if it can be done but could you possibly defer? That way it'll give you a year to work out what you want to do, whether that be go down a different route or finish your degree if you decide to. Although if you're not happy with your degree then maybe this is just putting the decision to leave off for longer then needs be
Original post by xkirsten.w
I'm doing Psychology. Job wise I have considered trying to be a teacher (maybe of philosophy) so if I dropped out, I would take some time away from uni and re-apply to study philosophy instead

if you've had 2 years funding you wouldn't get enough to do another 3 year degree only another 2.

Quick Reply

Latest