The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
It was a public statement...

Just because something was a public statement doesn't prove that it was believed by many. I think my questions are both valid and reasonable. How many is 'many' in this instance and on what basis is that assertion made?
Many men have been “manning up” for years. Women have had double standards, but this has started to catch up with them via “MeToo” and “TimesUp”.

Be brutally honest with yourself and examine the lives of men and women, you would see the hypocrisy that some women have used for years.

Modern men taken on the role of a woman. Constantly in their feelings,moaning and complaining. It's no wonder women have had enough. You can't deny a lot of men are becoming effeminate. Most women just aren't into that sort of stuff(straight women). We want assertive and confident men and until men can live up to that standard,you can't blame women for upping their game
or how about fights is it not sexist to not punch a woman just because of her gender?
Original post by Less(e/o)n
Well, that's my comedic fill for the day taken care of.

That's a fact. Women are all about love,care and compassion.
Original post by TheRuralJuror
or how about fights is it not sexist to not punch a woman just because of her gender?

Punching women high on your agenda by any chance?
Original post by queen-bee
No,men. Women are considerate and caring in general,probably a few exceptions. Also men really do need to man up and stop being so whiny

This the ideal type of statements that need to stop, I'm sure your the kind of person to use the term "mansplaining" and think you helping resolve the issue. All you're doing is further segregating us, and to claim that men are being "whiny" without any real interpretations, does not help your cause.
That's a fact. Women are all about love,care and compassion.

Alright, sweetheart.
Original post by Axiomasher
Punching women high on your agenda by any chance?

I did get offended harassed by a woman last year but was too sexist to punch her straight in the face.
and this is an argument no matter how extreme it may sound,
and no my agenda is not full of women punching plans
why are people of opposite genders or even the same gender trying to explain men or women? dafu* do you know about how other men or women feel.
isn't that generalizing about a gender...hence sexist?
Original post by TastyChicken
This the ideal type of statements that need to stop, I'm sure your the kind of person to use the term "mansplaining" and think you helping resolve the issue. All you're doing is further segregating us, and to claim that men are being "whiny" without any real interpretations, does not help your cause.

Men don't want to be held accountable yet the they want to complain about women constantly? Double standard
Just because something was a public statement doesn't prove that it was believed by many. I think my questions are both valid and reasonable. How many is 'many' in this instance and on what basis is that assertion made?

What??? Women were treated with disdain and you are trying to say that it never happened. Wow, ok.
Original post by Less(e/o)n
Alright, sweetheart.

Care to elaborate why you disagree?
Modern men taken on the role of a woman. Constantly in their feelings,moaning and complaining. It's no wonder women have had enough. You can't deny a lot of men are becoming effeminate. Most women just aren't into that sort of stuff(straight women). We want assertive and confident men and until men can live up to that standard,you can't blame women for upping their game

I agree that some men have been effeminate, but this is a new phenomenon. What we are arguing is double standards that has existed for years.

When a man is tough, a woman says he is too tough or aggresive. When he is calm, she says that he is weak or a pushover. When he dates one girl, she says that he is not all that. When he dates several girls, she says he is a predator.

When he is assertive and goes in, she says that he is perveted creep. When he treats her with respect, she says that he is dull and cowardly.
I agree that some men have been effeminate, but this is a new phenomenon. What we are arguing is double standards that has existed for years.

When a man is tough, a woman says he is too tough or aggresive. When he is calm, she says that he is weak or a pushover. When he dates one girl, she says that he is not all that. When he dates several girls, she says he is a predator.

When he is assertive and goes in, she says that he is perveted creep. When he treats her with respect, she says that he is dull and cowardly.

Haha,I think it's only a small percentage of women who love complaining about all that stuff. Most women aren't just simple and down to earth

I agree with this. I saw a woman slap a man in public during an apparent argument. The man did not overreact and people just kept on with their business. I wonder whether the reaction would have been the same if it was the man that slapped and humilated the woman.
Haha,I think it's only a small percentage of women who love complaining about all that stuff. Most women aren't just simple and down to earth

I agree, most women aren’t simple and down to earth. They constantly play men and treat them like suckers.
I did get offended harassed by a woman last year but was too sexist to punch her straight in the face.
and this is an argument no matter how extreme it may sound,
and no my agenda is not full of women punching plans

I don't think you should be thinking of punching anyone in the face unless you genuinely fear for your safety and it constitutes a reasonable response to their behaviour (i.e. they are swinging at you). Feeling offended or harassed isn't quite the same thing. Otherwise, whether an attacker is male or female shouldn't make any difference, it doesn't to me.
I agree, most women aren’t simple and down to earth. They constantly play men and treat them like suckers.

Typo error,most women are down to earth and simple! *
I don't doubt that there were some people in the early twentieth century that didn't think women were people but I don't know about there being 'many'; how many is 'many' and what is that quantitative assertion based on?

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/1929-women-become-persons

In 1929, women were named legally 'persons' in Canada. So it was in law.

Now that I've said it, can you answer the question: Do you feel the same way about early 20th century women being murdered that you do about unborn children? Because both weren't considered people.
To be precise they want equality only in those workplaces that (most of the time) related to some not very physical or exhausting activities that even can be enjoyable in a sense (so they often reference IT in that regard, but never mining and so on)
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending