The Student Room Group

Asking my employer about a Level 4 Software Engineer Apprenticeship?

Hello,

I have a case where I have been working in my industry as a tester for 2 years now, and I completed a Level 3 in systems and networking a year ago now, I'm considering asking my employer about a Level 4 apprenticeship for software engineers, does anyone know more about this apprenticeship like what I would gain from it? I am considering it but I'm not sure if it's worth my time.
Just tagging in IBM Apprenticeships as they should be able to help you! :smile:

@IBMApprentices
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Just tagging in IBM Apprenticeships as they should be able to help you! :smile:

@IBM Apprentices

Cheers bud, not sure what it entails so would be glad to find out what I gain from a tester/software engineer based apprenticeship in level 4 and beyond, haven't found much about tester based apprenticeships at all to be honest.
Original post by wheeliecool
Cheers bud, not sure what it entails so would be glad to find out what I gain from a tester/software engineer based apprenticeship in level 4 and beyond, haven't found much about tester based apprenticeships at all to be honest.

Hi there,

At IBM, our software tester apprentices are essential in the development of our client solutions. They are experts at finding and fixing problems, even before they become issues!

You could be assisting key clients as they introduce new technologies and software’s into their business and you’ll also be responsible for designing and preparing test plans, reporting test activity results and playing a vital role in your team!

So if you're creative and enjoy problem solving and being analytical, then we would suggest taking a software tester apprenticeship would be a good route to take!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending