The Student Room Group

I want to resit the old specification for Edexcel A Level, is anyone else?

Hi everyone, I took Edexcel geography and I got low As in AS but 2 Ds in A2 papers, which I thought went really well but unfortunately this was not the case. I want to resit in order to boost my grade for future prospects as I am at university already (Russel Group) but some grad scheme require As and Bs and I got a C in Geography. It would be amazing if anyone else was resisting especially for paper 2 which is the report and requires a lot of extensive research.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Theawesomejem
Hi everyone, I took Edexcel geography and I got low As in AS but 2 Ds in A2 papers, which I thought went really well but unfortunately this was not the case. I want to resit in order to boost my grade for future prospects as I am at university already (Russel Group) but some grad scheme require As and Bs and I got a C in Geography. It would be amazing if anyone else was resisting especially for paper 2 which is the report and requires a lot of extensive research.

Just find a test centre and enter yourself. It requires an exam fee and the test centre fee.

You should check it doesnt clash with uni exams. I doubt uni will compromise.

I looked at the spec and theres a Geographical investigation AS and Geographical research..

Its the last chance 2018.
Original post by 999tigger
Just find a test centre and enter yourself. It requires an exam fee and the test centre fee.

You should check it doesnt clash with uni exams. I doubt uni will compromise.

I looked at the spec and theres a Geographical investigation AS and Geographical research..

Its the last chance 2018.

Thanks for your response! I'm doing it at my old college as it's cheaper than at an exam centre as an external student but my old teacher liked me so he's going to help out anyway he can. I got an A in As I just need to pull up my A2 grades, it's the Geo4 report which is geographical research I think and is based on the pre-release which makes it harder.
I do history at Warwick which is 100% coursework/essays first year due to my module choice, my only outside option politics has a 3 hour exam in July so it definitely won't clash! I'm just thinking of job prospects it's for the best :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Thanks for your response! I'm doing it at my old college as it's cheaper than at an exam centre as an external student but my old teacher liked me so he's going to help out anyway he can. I got an A in As I just need to pull up my A2 grades, it's the Geo4 report which is geographical research I think and is based on the pre-release which makes it harder.
I do history at Warwick which is 100% coursework/essays first year due to my module chose, my only outside option politics has a 3 hour exam in July so it definitely won't clash! I'm just thinking of job prospects it's for the best :smile:

Then you are sorted. I pointed it out because theres the geographical investigation which is also paper 2 of the AS. 2018 is your last chance. GL.
Original post by 999tigger
Then you are sorted. I pointed it out because theres the geographical investigation which is also paper 2 of the AS. 2018 is your last chance. GL.

Thank you!! I am going to take that last chance and try my best I was hoping to find someone else who was redoing it to share revision material :smile:
Thank you!! I am going to take that last chance and try my best I was hoping to find someone else who was redoing it to share revision material :smile:

There has to be somebody doing Edexcel Geography old spec resit in 2018, I'm answering energy and biodiversity for Section A on paper 1 and revising tectonics for the paper 2 report
Reply 6
Hey, I’m resitting Unit 1 and Unit 3 this year due to getting a C for geography and missing out on my UCL offer
There has to be somebody doing Edexcel Geography old spec resit in 2018, I'm answering energy and biodiversity for Section A on paper 1 and revising tectonics for the paper 2 report

Hey! I’m retaking a level geography, unit 3, and I’m gonna revise water energy and biodiversity :smile:
Reply 8
Hi everyone, I am also resitting the old spec. I am doing unit 2 and 4. I was very close to an A last year year so I am hoping to pull it up to that A this summer. Good Luck!
Original post by efeff
Hi everyone, I am also resitting the old spec. I am doing unit 2 and 4. I was very close to an A last year year so I am hoping to pull it up to that A this summer. Good Luck!

Hey!! Same:frown: I was so close to an A as well I’m gutted haha. How are you finding revision and everything so far? I’ve started revising unit 3 content but I’m finding it kinda hard doing it independently. Like I have no clue how to revise tbh 😭
Reply 10
Original post by bennp1999
Hey!! Same:frown: I was so close to an A as well I’m gutted haha. How are you finding revision and everything so far? I’ve started revising unit 3 content but I’m finding it kinda hard doing it independently. Like I have no clue how to revise tbh 😭

Revision is a struggle cause I have to self teach myself all the content again. But there are still a few months to go till the exams so I am going to try and email my teachers to give me advice and resources as I threw it all in the bin.
Original post by efeff
Revision is a struggle cause I have to self teach myself all the content again. But there are still a few months to go till the exams so I am going to try and email my teachers to give me advice and resources as I threw it all in the bin.

Ahh same ! It’s gonna be so hard. But I’m sure we can do it if we leave ourselves enough time! Are you planning to go to uni this year? How is your application going/where did you apply/for what?
Reply 12
Ahh same ! It’s gonna be so hard. But I’m sure we can do it if we leave ourselves enough time! Are you planning to go to uni this year? How is your application going/where did you apply/for what?

Yes I am! I applied for Loughborough, Cardiff, UEA, Birmingham and Portsmouth study Economics/Banking and finance. I got offers from all of them. I am gonna firm Loughborough as the business school is second to none. What about you?
Original post by efeff
Yes I am! I applied for Loughborough, Cardiff, UEA, Birmingham and Portsmouth study Economics/Banking and finance. I got offers from all of them. I am gonna firm Loughborough as the business school is second to none. What about you?

Ahhh Loughborough!! I applied there last year for Geography but got rejected (got ABC not AAB). It looks insane! Really loved it there. This year I’ve applied to Manchester, Leeds, York, Birmingham and Liverpool. I’ve got Conditionals from York/Birmingham, Unconditional from Liverpool and waiting for Manc/Leeds (my two faves) haha. Are you retaking any other subjects?
Reply 14
Ahhh Loughborough!! I applied there last year for Geography but got rejected (got ABC not AAB). It looks insane! Really loved it there. This year I’ve applied to Manchester, Leeds, York, Birmingham and Liverpool. I’ve got Conditionals from York/Birmingham, Unconditional from Liverpool and waiting for Manc/Leeds (my two faves) haha. Are you retaking any other subjects?

Which one are you edging towards? They probably would've let you in on ABB and yeah Maths as I was a few marks shy as well in it.
Guys would you be able to post the prerelease when it comes it's just that I'm resitting at a private college and they have no idea about it :/
Reply 16
I am doing the tectonics paper 2018- bombed it last time - but got really good grades in the other papers. Would love to share research findings.Do you know when the pre-release comes out?
Reply 17
Original post by pezisland37
Guys would you be able to post the prerelease when it comes it's just that I'm resitting at a private college and they have no idea about it :/

Im in exactly the same situation. Do you know when it'll be released?
I emailed my exams officer at college and she told me she would email me when it comes through, ill try and post it if i can but just to make sure i wanted to see if tsr posts it aha
Original post by boomz99
Im in exactly the same situation. Do you know when it'll be released?
Reply 19
Original post by Rbenn
I am doing the tectonics paper 2018- bombed it last time - but got really good grades in the other papers. Would love to share research findings.Do you know when the pre-release comes out?

I am doing the tectonics exam as well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending