The Student Room Group

Why do women want gender equality in the workplace, but not in dating?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheRuralJuror
there's that video on YouTube about a bus driver punching a woman after she repeatedly harrased him, then everyone yelled "hey she's a female man!"
she said she regrets f'in with him later in an interview smh

Yeah, women are allowed to do whatever they want without consequences.
Original post by cat_mac
It is a reoccurring theme in this thread though.

Sadly a lot of guys on here seem to hate women just as much as the “men are trash” feminists hate men. Playing tennis with the blame for whatever the most topical grievances are, not actually trying to solve anything, just needing to be affirmed and agreed with.

How do we solve the issue of double standards by women then? What actions should we take to show that some women have gone through this world as victims rather than culprits?
Original post by Wired_1800
Yeah, women are allowed to do whatever they want without consequences.

er, are we?
How do we solve the issue of double standards by women then? What actions should we take to show that some women have gone through this world as victims rather than culprits?

I haven’t the foggiest. Since no one is directly injured by double standards in dating then what is there to be done? Can you punish someone for being a hypocrite?

I’d chalk it down to a character flaw in that person, and move on to someone who shares the same values as you. Holding onto it and complaining about it is just building a wall around yourself and locking the bitterness in with it.

Despite the tune of this thread, women tend to hold different opinions about things and we don’t all have an agenda programmed into our brains. Process the emotion of feeling hurt by the double standard someone put on you, then pick yourself up and associate yourself with more like minded people. Unless you want to make hypocrisy illegal idk what there is to proactively do about it.
Original post by Tiger Rag
er, are we?

When was the last time you heard of a woman going to prison for falsely accusing a man of rape?
Original post by Less(e/o)n
When was the last time you heard of a woman going to prison for falsely accusing a man of rape?

I'm not sure how that's relevant. But a quick look on Google suggests it happens.
Original post by cat_mac
I haven’t the foggiest. Since no one is directly injured by double standards in dating then what is there to be done? Can you punish someone for being a hypocrite?

I’d chalk it down to a character flaw in that person, and move on to someone who shares the same values as you. Holding onto it and complaining about it is just building a wall around yourself and locking the bitterness in with it.

Despite the tune of this thread, women tend to hold different opinions about things and we don’t all have an agenda programmed into our brains. Process the emotion of feeling hurt by the double standard someone put on you, then pick yourself up and associate yourself with more like minded people. Unless you want to make hypocrisy illegal idk what there is to proactively do about it.

Fair, but the issue is that sometimes it is difficult.

A man meets a woman with a “character flaw”, she messes him up. When he realises, he moves on to another woman, who messes him up as well. By the time he reaches the “right” one, he has been psychologically and emotionally wrecked that he is unable to truly love the right one.

It is no wonder, young cheerful men turn out to be heartless bast.ards when they grow up. They have been destroyed by several women over the years that they have nothing else to give.

Few women go to jail for false accusations. Once a man is accused then he is guilty by default. If it comes out that she falsely accused him, she is patted on the back and the man has to pick up the pieces of his life.
I'm not sure how that's relevant.

It's relevant if we're talking about women being allowed to do anything without consequences; which we are, incidentally.

But a quick look on Google suggests it happens.

I beg to differ.

A man meets a woman with a “character flaw”, she messes him up. When he realises, he moves on to another woman, who messes him up as well. By the time he reaches the “right” one, he has been psychologically and emotionally wrecked that he is unable to truly love the right one.

Maybe he should take the hint it's something he's doing, rather than something the women are doing?
It's relevant if we're talking about women being allowed to do anything without consequences; which we are, incidentally.

I beg to differ.

And your evidence it doesn't happen is where? https://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/dec/01/109-women-prosecuted-false-rape-allegations

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3013207/Woman-jailed-falsely-accusing-two-soldiers-trying-rape-ashamed-drunken-cocaine-fuelled-threesome.html
Maybe he should take the hint it's something he's doing, rather than something the women are doing?

What? He is doing something wrong by meeting some horrible women? I guess it is the man’s fault then.
(edited 6 years ago)

It is no wonder, young cheerful men turn out to be heartless bast.ards when they grow up. They have been destroyed by several women over the years that they have nothing else to give.

Tbf everyone gets messed around by dating, plenty of girls get cheated on by more than one guy and it makes them wary of trusting guys just like guys get wary of trusting girls.

I’m not trying to condone the women who do treat men badly, just make the point that relationships often end in a clash of opinion/standards/goals in life. We can moan about how he was a scumbag and all men are jerks or how she was a hypocrite and women are fickle, or we can accept that people are flawed and pick ourselves up and try again. Letting it keep effecting you is letting them win.
(That was far too rainbows and sunshine, sounds like a personal statement for hippie university.)
What? He is doing something by meeting some horrible women? I guess it is the man’s fault then.

But we don't know that. Maybe he should start standing up for himself instead of letting them walk all over him...
Original post by queen-bee
I'm sorry but women shouldn't be lifting heavy things if there's men around to do it. We aren't built the same way.

No we aren't built the same way, but neither of us are built to lift heavy things. Humans are one of the weakest species out there.
But we don't know that. Maybe he should start standing up for himself instead of letting them walk all over him...

Nah there are plenty of emotionally and physically abusive women, it shouldn’t be excused as “he should stand up for himself”. Idk that sentence just reeks of victim blaming.

There are horrible women just as there are horrible men, if a guy has a few bad experiences with women we can’t just blindly assume it’s his fault because he’s a guy. I’m not saying it’s not possible but we can’t judge either way without both sides of and more of the story...

I have a clear example of this from my friend, who was a nice guy and got ruined by many horrible women.
Original post by snowman77

- ask the woman out and face possible rejection (women might give subtle hints, but under no circumstances will they ask the man out - that is "his job":wink:
- pay for the first date (and possible subsequent dates as well)
- propose to the woman
- treat her with meals/gifts
- hold open the door for her
- give up his coat if she's cold, so he can freeze (but never the other way around)
- put the majority of effort into sex (this is centered around pleasing the woman - the man's enjoyment is always assumed)
- be manly and dominant, never show any weak emotions, keep his problems bottled up because otherwise it's "unmanly"
- household chores must now be shared. Women no longer have to do all the cooking and cleaning, it's shared equally between men, because otherwise it's gender discrimination/oppression. Despite the fact men are still seen as the primary breadwinner in the household and a man without a job is a virtual disaster.

- I've asked out a few guys in my time and I'm sure plenty of women have done too.

- I pay my half on dates and I'm sure more women also do it.

- Plenty of women propose. My mum asked my dad to marry her. They do it less due to societal judgement.

- I've treated men to plenty of gifts/meals.

- I don't expect the guy to open the door for me, in fact they rarely do and it doesn't cross my mind?

- He doesn't have to do that? I also make sure I'm warm enough outside to not need their coat. The guys are usually exceptionally hot anyway so they don't mind. Men are generally hotter than women.

- Never met a guy who's had difficulty reaching orgasm whilst women struggle to have an orgasm during sex a lot of the time so maybe it's simply courteous for the man to try to get her to orgasm? Though not every guy is courteous.

- Have you kept up with the times? Society is trying to encourage men to show their emotions. I never tell a guy off for crying in front of me? I actually encourage them to be open about how they're feeling because I know how important it is!

- That's a symptom of equality. Are you expecting women to have careers, raise children and do all the house work whilst the guy just goes to work and nothing else? It's part of a modern relationship, you share the chores and the child rearing.

You can't be making such brass assumptions of women without any actual evidence of how "most" women of the world behave. Bitterness and a lack of support for your huge generalisation makes you look a little dim.
Original post by EpicBrum
No we aren't built the same way, but neither of us are built to lift heavy things. Humans are one of the weakest species out there.

Le sigh
Original post by cat_mac
It’s much kinder to the ego to blame women for their lack of romantic success, than to reflect on themselves and see that the reason they can’t get laid is how they treat people/lack of social skills/ anything other than a conspiracy that women have impossible standards. :toofunny:

True, lmao.

Original post by Grumbling
You're just a brainless princess who insists on abusing their gender, stay single forever :wink:

LOL I love how much I trigger you "men" whenever I bring this up. Hilarious.:laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending