The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

War studies or International relations

Hello,
I would like to hear your opinion about both programmes as I cannot decide which is better to be studied. The modules in both courses are very interesting and some of them are the same but which pathway will be better in a future career?
Reply 1
Both pathways will be of equal usefulness to a range of future careers. Always pick the course you will enjoy the most and thus, should be able to succeed in the most. For me, I have picked War Studies, for you that may be International relations. I'm not sure but I have had a long-term interest in war and militarises, so it was an easy choice to me. Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy geopolitics too but its secondary.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
did you know that KCL also offer a Joint Honours in War Studies and International Relations? So if you prefer both courses, that might be another way of going about it.
Original post by Grav3
Both pathways will be of equal usefulness to a range of future careers. Always pick the course you will enjoy the most and thus, should be able to succeed in the most. For me, I have picked War Studies, for you that may be International relations. I'm not sure but I have had a long-term interest in war and militarises, so it was an easy choice to me. Don't get me wrong, I also enjoy geopolitics too but its secondary.

Thanks, you are absolutely correct but the problem is that the IR course gives you a better flexibility in the aspects of modules.

Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
did you know that KCL also offer a Joint Honours in War Studies and International Relations? So if you prefer both courses, that might be another way of going about it.

Unfortunately, I cannot see it in the Uni's website, I suppose it was a possible in the past but not now. I would be very happy if You are able to send me link. :smile:
Original post by LemoBaghatur

Unfortunately, I cannot see it in the Uni's website, I suppose it was a possible in the past but not now. I would be very happy if You are able to send me link. :smile:

Hmmm, that's strange - I can't seem to find it anymore. I can see history and International Relations: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/history-and-international-relations.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest