The Student Room Group

Schroders Traineeship programme 2018

Anyone else applying to this?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I got my video interview to do... omg, I'm so scared lol... I don't even know what to say...
Reply 2
Original post by Gg ez plat smurf
Yeah I got my video interview to do... omg, I'm so scared lol... I don't even know what to say...

Good luck!
I haven't even had the chance to apply yet as I had mocks. Will deffo be applying sometime this weekend.
If you've done the interview by now, were the questions just general interview questions?
Original post by lovelybow
Good luck!
I haven't even had the chance to apply yet as I had mocks. Will deffo be applying sometime this weekend.
If you've done the interview by now, were the questions just general interview questions?

Yeah same, I had my mocks last week as well, I applied this week. And I haven't done my video interview yet... I'm so nervous and I'm scared they're going to ask me a question I won't know the answer to... The questions are going to be about me and Schroders. I'm so bad at talking about myself lol... have you thought about what division you want to work for during the year or what skills best suit you? I picked numerical and analytical skills.
Reply 4
Yeah same, I had my mocks last week as well, I applied this week. And I haven't done my video interview yet... I'm so nervous and I'm scared they're going to ask me a question I won't know the answer to... The questions are going to be about me and Schroders. I'm so bad at talking about myself lol... have you thought about what division you want to work for during the year or what skills best suit you? I picked numerical and analytical skills.

I'm sure you'll do just fine! Just plan your answers for common questions :smile:
I think I chose planning and process management as my first choice and written and verbal as second.
Btw, are you planning to apply to university next year, or do you plan on being a school leaver?
I'm sure you'll do just fine! Just plan your answers for common questions :smile:
I think I chose planning and process management as my first choice and written and verbal as second.
Btw, are you planning to apply to university next year, or do you plan on being a school leaver?

Yeah, I did the video interview yesterday... ahh... it was terrible... I stumbled on my words and everything... and yeah I'm applying to university next year, as I got rejected from LSE this year sadly... hopefully I'll get at least A*A*A for my A levels and then I can reapply ..what about you? Are you a school leaver or uni?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Yeah, I did the video interview yesterday... ahh... it was terrible... I stumbled on my words and everything... and yeah I'm applying to university next year, as I got rejected from LSE this year sadly... hopefully I'll get at least A*A*A for my A levels and then I can reapply ..what about you? Are you a school leaver or uni?

Oh dear, I'm sure you managed to pull through !
Nah, I'm going university, I haven't actually applied this year at all. I hope to also get A*A*A but hopefully get into Oxford or Durham.
I'm gonna submit my application tonight hopefully. Btw how long did it take for them to offer you a video interview?
Reply 7
Hey, I am also applying to this. Going to hopefully submit my application by the end of this week. I have done so many video interviews it becomes second nature. Best way to handle it is not look at yourself when doing the interview.

If you need any help let me know.
Reply 8
Original post by itsremon
Hey, I am also applying to this. Going to hopefully submit my application by the end of this week. I have done so many video interviews it becomes second nature. Best way to handle it is not look at yourself when doing the interview.

If you need any help let me know.

Thank you for the tip!
Are you also planning to use traineeship in your gap year and then go on to university, or become a school leaver\?
Reply 9
Doing this hopefully (gap year) then uni next year. I also going for LSE, have you heard of LSE Choice? Already secured an internship at IBM Consulting. Just trying to see if I could also get into this one as back up.
Reply 10
, have you heard of LSE Choice?
nah, haven't heard of that

Already secured an internship at IBM Consulting. .
no way that's so good!!
Reply 11
update: I've got an email saying I have to do my video interview by sundayyy.
This is scary! :s-smilie::u:
update: I've got an email saying I have to do my video interview by sundayyy.
This is scary! :s-smilie::u:

Nicee! Goodluck! I haven't sent my application yet but will end of this week
Reply 13
Nicee! Goodluck! I haven't sent my application yet but will end of this week

Thanks man, good luck to you too!
Reply 14
Has anyone heard back after the video interview?
Has anyone heard back after the video interview?

Nope...
Reply 16
what is the interview like im so nervous to do it, do they skype you?
Reply 17
Nope...

Ahh, if only they could reply as quickly as the first phaseee
Reply 18
Original post by Bespy
what is the interview like im so nervous to do it, do they skype you?

Nah, they don't skype you. It's a recorded video interview. So they display the interview question, you have like 2 mins to read it, then you're recorded saying your answer. I think you're given 2 mins to answer as well. :smile:
Has an gone heard back from schroders yet? They sent me an email 11 days ago telling me they were reviewing my application. Haven't heard back since... the assessment day is on the 5th of April...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending