The Student Room Group

Do you think this girl was interested in me or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cat_mac
How attractive you are doesn’t matter, only a saint would be able to put up with your level of whiney insecurity and constant need for reassurance. See a therapist.

:giggle:
Original post by hannah00
Have you messaged the attractive girl since ? has she replied

I wouldnt really take the part in bold a sign they are interested in you sexually.
That is more of just being polite and friendly.

Perhaps get their number or snapchat, if they reply to that, then they are interested.
Kissing is also a sign of interest.

Oh for real? I thought that in nightlife, 99% of women who find you unattractive either blank you, turn you away quickly, move away (or give their friend the look to come get them)... Various other techniques... And they won't make eye contact with you and smile (before you talk to them) or anything along those lines. Won't approach you several times.

And I found the polite ones will usually talk but be kinda "plain", not really put effort into maintaining conversation, etc. usually have either dead or forced facial expressions. Not really completely focused on you, look for a way out (like going to the bathroom, whatever)...

Am I wrong?

This bodes very poorly for my aesthetics...
Original post by RockyDennis
Oh for real? I thought that in nightlife, 99% of women who find you unattractive either blank you, turn you away quickly, move away (or give their friend the look to come get them)... Various other techniques... And they won't make eye contact with you and smile (before you talk to them) or anything along those lines. Won't approach you several times.

And I found the polite ones will usually talk but be kinda "plain", not really put effort into maintaining conversation, etc. usually have either dead or forced facial expressions. Not really completely focused on you, look for a way out (like going to the bathroom, whatever)...

Am I wrong?

This bodes very poorly for my aesthetics...

yes. Being friendly doesn't mean she finds you attractive, she still might, its just not a guarantee.

Ive had friends spend the entire evening bar hopping with a guy and then dont want to text him back the next day
Original post by hannah00
yes. Being friendly doesn't mean she finds you attractive, she still might, its just not a guarantee.

Ive had friends spend the entire evening bar hopping with a guy and then dont want to text him back the next day

Eh well that makes more sense given my lacking appearance, they probably just all think I'm not physically attractive enough... I was just being hopeful is all...

Except on the eye contact and smiling from across the room stuff, that is not "friendly". Literally no other girl will say here that they eye up and smile at ugly men in clubs, it simply does not happen.

Btw it doesn't matter if your friend was not interested in dating him or bothered to meet up with that guy again. She would have got with him that night - otherwise she's incredibly abnormal. A girl leaving her friends with a guy without like, asking them to wait there or saying where she's going, is 100% guarantee she's DTF that night, every single time. Every single time I'm in that situation I know it's guaranteed lmfao, literally not one exception ever.
Reply 24
Did she grab your head while kissing? That’s always a good sign
Original post by Zxyn
Did she grab your head while kissing? That’s always a good sign

I don't remember where she put her hands while making out I focus too much on what I'm doing to notice what they're doing.

Just before making out though I remember I put my hand on her neck/cheek area and she reciprocated that. I wouldn't think that has any special meaning though.

She touched my body a lot.
I don't remember where she put her hands while making out I focus too much on what I'm doing to notice what they're doing.

Just before making out though I remember I put my hand on her neck/cheek area and she reciprocated that. I wouldn't think that has any special meaning though.

She touched my body a lot.

Describe what you look like
Original post by Popsiclez
Describe what you look like

Weird looking. Uncanny valley. Many argue that I look good, but I also look like an alien shapeshifter, like I'm some extra-terrestrial that is crudely attempting to take the form of an attractive man.

https://i.imgur.com/Q5PqIxc.png

I probably just don't make the grade facially. And most likely there's not any way I could fix it even with surgery.
(edited 6 years ago)
Which city do you tend to go out in? Hope that's not too personal
Original post by Anonymous
Which city do you tend to go out in? Hope that's not too personal

Why?

I wouldn't mind telling people tbh it's just that I think there could be negative consequences of doing so, so would prefer not to reveal that info.
Why?

I wouldn't mind telling people tbh it's just that I think there could be negative consequences of doing so, so would prefer not to reveal that info.

2 reasons. Firstly would like to know if you're in a big city where there are lots of women around and lots of different bars/clubs. Or if you're in a small town with limited selection.
Secondly, just wondering in case you're in one of the two cities I live in. Wondering if I'd ever bump into you on a night out.
Original post by Anonymous
2 reasons. Firstly would like to know if you're in a big city where there are lots of women around and lots of different bars/clubs. Or if you're in a small town with limited selection.
Secondly, just wondering in case you're in one of the two cities I live in. Wondering if I'd ever bump into you on a night out.

Oh, yeah there's loads round here, good times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending