The Student Room Group

Stressing about grades

Hi, so I am really stressing about getting good grades, currently I am not doing so well and I am starting to stress out and panic. Have I left it too late? If anyone could give me revision tips or actually help me one to one that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Original post by portaljb
Hi, so I am really stressing about getting good grades, currently I am not doing so well and I am starting to stress out and panic. Have I left it too late? If anyone could give me revision tips or actually help me one to one that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You haven’t left it too late, a bit of revision is definitely better than none at all- don’t give up!
Which subjects are you doing?:h:
Reply 2
maths, lang, lit, statistics,electronics, geography, biology, chemistry, physics, computing. Sorry this is from Portaljb just forgot my details so had to make a new account. Do you have any tips or maybe could you help me one to one?
My tip would be just be prepared. If you haven't already start revising now! Make notes, do practice questions and just make sure you are confident going into these exams. If there are subjects you are struggling in or feel less confident in then I would advise maybe spending a little more time focusing on those!
Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by HSennett
My tip would be just be prepared. If you haven't already start revising now! Make notes, do practice questions and just make sure you are confident going into these exams. If there are subjects you are struggling in or feel less confident in then I would advise maybe spending a little more time focusing on those!
Good Luck! :smile:

Thanks i appreciate the advice. Are you also doing your gcse's?
Original post by Portal12
Thanks i appreciate the advice. Are you also doing your gcse's?

I did my GCSE's last year and just want to help others in any way I can :smile:
What grades are you getting at the moment?
Reply 7
Biology-6
chemistry-5
physics-4
maths-7
computing-8
electronics- A
geography-7
stats-6
english lang-6
english lit-6

My grades are SHOCKING i need to improve them drastically to try and get all 8's i know this will be very difficult as i have left revision very late. Any way you could help boost those grades up?
Biology-6
chemistry-5
physics-4
maths-7
computing-8
electronics- A
geography-7
stats-6
english lang-6
english lit-6

My grades are SHOCKING i need to improve them drastically to try and get all 8's i know this will be very difficult as i have left revision very late. Any way you could help boost those grades up?

Your grades are amazing!!! I'd be made up if I had grades like that! Be proud and don't put yourself down!
I find active revision is great. By that, I mean making your best effort to recall content from memory so you truely remember it. A good way to do this is fladhcards with bulletpoints of necessary information, test yourself and do quizzes on key content in the spec. After, move onto applying that knowledge to past exam papers. This is, in my opinion, more useful than absently making notes and not actually learning them. Hope this helps!
(edited 6 years ago)
You’ve absolutely not left it too late! Build up a list of your weakest areas in each subject and nail those first, (I know it will be tough but worth it!) then start including your strongest areas in revision as well in the last few weeks before exams. You can do it!
thanks guys i appreciate it what are your grades by the way for any of you who are doing your gcse's
thanks guys i appreciate it what are your grades by the way for any of you who are doing your gcse's

English lit: 7
English Lang: 7
Maths: 5
Italian: 5
RS: 7
Science 1: 6
Science 2: 6
History: 8
Business studies: 8
Sociology: 8

Spoiler

Nice man they are great.
Nice man they are great.

Thanks. If you need any help feel free to pm me. I might also need some help with maths... it simply doesn't agree with me! :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest