The Student Room Group

Would you ever go out with a vegan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by cat_mac
And that’s relevant how? They aren’t mutually exclusive...

Don't even try have a conversation with him, an absolute idiot.
Original post by jdddd
Im kind of Vegan curious I would stop eating meat if I knew how to put Vegan meals together, i'd love to go to a vegan restraunt!

putting vegan meals together is sooo easy theres a veganized version of nearly every meal out there on the internet and in my area theres mostly vegeterian restaurants rather than vegan but its not hard to walk into any restaurant and find at least one thing on the menu, potato chips seems to be a common one lol
a lot of people don't look at things objectively here....
Reply 43
Original post by eridiff321
putting vegan meals together is sooo easy theres a veganized version of nearly every meal out there on the internet and in my area theres mostly vegeterian restaurants rather than vegan but its not hard to walk into any restaurant and find at least one thing on the menu, potato chips seems to be a common one lol

Yeah, i've never really tried, I tried Quorn and that was really really bland, is there any other meqt substitutes rather thab quorn?
No they are just dumb af
Reply 45
Original post by rejnekjr
I read it you *******. You said you respects peoples decisions just as long as they respect yours. Then I gave you an example about a rapist respecting your decision not to rape and you couldn't answer. Gtfo you little freak I'm sick of you already.

Hahaha bless you!!! I was replying to a question about 'would meat eaters date vegans etc' so I replied that you are taking what I said and interpreting it in a totally different way. Go back to school you uneducated moron.
Original post by cat_mac
I would (and have) date meat eaters. Tbh I try to avoid vegan guys especially because they’re too self righteous.

Basically, as long as people have the ability to talk about things other than diet and ethics i’m fine with what they believe. Some carnists at my work brought it up every time they passed me like “carrots have feelings too” and bs like that which is highly annoying. The occasional conversation is fine but it gets boring to have the same conversations over and over.

Hi. Thanks for the advice a few days ago, I have followed it and it has been working.
From this post I'm guessing you're vegan? When you go out for a meal, where do you go? My brother is vegan so when we go out for meals it's always to Weatherspoons (I love Weatherspoons anyway) but sometimes I would like to go to other places but can't.
Oh, and I guess whilst I posted on this thread I should give an answer. I would go out/date a vegan, as long as they don't force me into being vegan or vegetarian when with them.
Original post by jdddd
Don't even try have a conversation with him, an absolute idiot.

I’ll fight all the angry vegans for giving me such a bad rep... :boxing:

Saw your other comment about being “vegan curious”, best thing to do is find a well seasoned vegan for tips! My first few months was trying gross ‘alternatives’ and reading the ingredients of everything, it would have been very useful to have someone who knew what was available. :yep:
Trying vegan options in resturants you already go to is also a good way to get meal ideas. waggamamas, zizi, pizza express, bella italia all have good stuff. You’d be surprised how much you normal eat is vegan too (people call it accidentally vegan), I died of happiness when I found out oreos are vegan. It isn’t for everyone but I think it’s really good that more people want to try it rather than just saying “all you eat is grass”.
Nope. I want someone who i can enjoy nuggets with
Reply 49
As long as they aren't hardcore vegan everything and just food wise then sure.
No, I enjoy cooking and it would rule out my wife being able to enjoy my food for most dishes, most vegans are very annoying too.
Am vegan and would definitely go out with a meat eater- I don’t care what you eat as long as you don’t care what I eat lol
Original post by Baza2002
Hi. Thanks for the advice a few days ago, I have followed it and it has been working.
From this post I'm guessing you're vegan? When you go out for a meal, where do you go? My brother is vegan so when we go out for meals it's always to Weatherspoons (I love Weatherspoons anyway) but sometimes I would like to go to other places but can't.
Oh, and I guess whilst I posted on this thread I should give an answer. I would go out/date a vegan, as long as they don't force me into being vegan or vegetarian when with them.

Aw i’m glad to hear it!

Zizi have their own vegan cheese that they’ve made for pizza and they have a good amount of options, you just have to ask for the vegan menu when they seat you.

Pizza express do vegan pizza options too.

Bella Italia has vegan pasta dishes

Waggamamas has loads of great vegan options!

Thai and indian restaurant usually have a lot of accidentally vegan dishes, it’s worth checking out the menus online and seeing what’s available near you.

Hope that helps!
Original post by jdddd
Yeah, i've never really tried, I tried Quorn and that was really really bland, is there any other meqt substitutes rather thab quorn?

Tofu is a good, i use it like chicken pieces that I put in wraps or rice. Vegan* meat replacement companies I know of are Linda mccartney, some of tescos vegeterian foods (like vegetable quarter pounders), some of sainsburys items as well (their free from meatballs are vegan) and of course quorn.
*These companies don't produce all vegan food items, some of the vegetarian and still contain milk and eggs. I think there are more companies but they are stocked at my local stores so I dont know them very well
Aslong as I could still eat meat , yes.

If its someone with the persona of Freelee the Banana girl or Vegan Gains, then no defo not!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by cat_mac
I’ll fight all the angry vegans for giving me such a bad rep... :boxing:

Saw your other comment about being “vegan curious”, best thing to do is find a well seasoned vegan for tips! My first few months was trying gross ‘alternatives’ and reading the ingredients of everything, it would have been very useful to have someone who knew what was available. :yep:
Trying vegan options in resturants you already go to is also a good way to get meal ideas. waggamamas, zizi, pizza express, bella italia all have good stuff. You’d be surprised how much you normal eat is vegan too (people call it accidentally vegan), I died of happiness when I found out oreos are vegan. It isn’t for everyone but I think it’s really good that more people want to try it rather than just saying “all you eat is grass”.

Most of meat eaters diets are vegan anyway! And yeah I agree, I have a friend whos Vegan! Ill probably take her to a Vegan restruant when I next see her then! There isn't anything better than a vegetable pizza omg
I don’t think I could date a non-vegan; not because I hate them or anything, but because my reasons for going vegan are such HUGE parts of my personality that I care about. If I sat down and told someone all the reasons I’m vegan (only if they asked btw) and they didn’t care to change, it’d break my heart and I just couldn’t be with them. I’m a logical person and an environmentalist, and I want to be with someone who has the same core values :smile: pls don’t attack me 4 this 😩😂 can still be friends with them tho
Original post by cat_mac
Aw i’m glad to hear it!

Zizi have their own vegan cheese that they’ve made for pizza and they have a good amount of options, you just have to ask for the vegan menu when they seat you.

Pizza express do vegan pizza options too.

Bella Italia has vegan pasta dishes

Waggamamas has loads of great vegan options!

Thai and indian restaurant usually have a lot of accidentally vegan dishes, it’s worth checking out the menus online and seeing what’s available near you.

Hope that helps!

(I'm not joking with this...) last Saturday evening I decided to become vegetarian... so I had the vegetable burger and some fries from McDonald's. So it was a nice start. But then the next morning I was back to eating meat. I'm quite a fussy/picky eater but want to try a week being vegetarian and see how it is. But nearly every meal I have has meat in. Could you recommend any vegetarian foods that aren't chips or onion rings or have any type of vegetables, fruit or cheese?
So would you respect a rapist decision to rape just as long as that rapist respect your decision not to rape?

That’s... an awful comparison. There is literally no validity in that at all.
Reply 59
I just took exaclty what you said. You said 'I respect your decision as long as you respect mine'. And I gave an example of a person (who has done something you probably consider immoral) respecting your decision abd you couldn't tell me whether in return you would respect their decision just like you said you would.

You absolute mongrel.

(Original post by ineedtorevise127)
And for vegans would you consider a meat eater as a future partner
Yes, I dont care, I respect your decision (to be Vegan) if you would respect mine (To eat meat).

Must be a troll. But, look here I can teach you some English! Right, Okay, in brackets are going to be the words that should be there if people who can't understand English be. Who's the mongrel now? Feel free to PM me and get my number, I do offer free English lessons.

Quick Reply

Latest