The Student Room Group

Feel Like I'm Never Going To Get A Guy...?

I just wondered if you guys have any tips on how to find a sweet guy because I feel like I can't find anyone decent. As I have social anxiety it's hard to talk to guys which I struggle with. I have asked out some guys which wasn't successful as they didn't feel the same way about me. It is also hard for me to meet anyone as I don't have any boys in my class. I just struggle to find someone who genuinely like me. Any advice...?
Define what it means to "genuinely like" you? And how old are you btw?
Reply 2
Original post by Sufyaan65
Define what it means to "genuinely like" you? And how old are you btw?

I'm 17 and I mean someone who actually cares about me.
Reply 3
Hey! I think lots of people feel like this sometimes, I know I certainly do. I believe that the key to meeting new people is putting yourself out there... which is obviously very difficult when you have anxiety issues. Maybe you could try to work on those issues, it will probably boost your confidence, therefore enabling you to speak to guys easier.
You could also join some dating sites (make sure they are safe). The internet is a great place to meet people and if you aren’t too keen on that idea, then you could always join a club in your local area, you never know who you’ll meet!

Good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by powiful
Hey! I think lots of people feel like this sometimes, I know I certainly do. I believe that the key to meeting new people is putting yourself out there... which is obviously very difficult when you have anxiety issues. Maybe you could try to work on those issues, it will probably boost your confidence, therefore enabling you to speak to guys easier.
You could also join some dating sites (make sure they are safe). The internet is a great place to meet people and if you aren’t too keen on that idea, then you could always join a club in your local area, you never know who you’ll meet!

Good luck.

Brilliant advice but I don't think there are any dating sites that allow under 18s.
Reply 5
Try joining some clubs or voluntary organisations where you'll come across like minded wholesome guys. Dating tough mind, it takes lots of effort and resilience to find a dream partner.
Original post by Anonymous
Brilliant advice but I don't think there are any dating sites that allow under 18s.

Yubo

Uh, hello? *brushes hair*.
I'm 17 and I mean someone who actually cares about me.

I'm 17 too haha, tbh if you're serious and would like to message someone i wouldnt mind speaking to you, however i dint think we can pm if you'ew anonymous can we? xd
Reply 9
Just looked at the app called Yubo which was suggested above, you could give it a go? I would push you to try the other things that have been said first though!
I just wondered if you guys have any tips on how to find a sweet guy because I feel like I can't find anyone decent. As I have social anxiety it's hard to talk to guys which I struggle with. I have asked out some guys which wasn't successful as they didn't feel the same way about me. It is also hard for me to meet anyone as I don't have any boys in my class. I just struggle to find someone who genuinely like me. Any advice...?

Girl...I am gay..and a shy introvert..and I have my eyes on a sexy boy in my all boys school..I feel you're pain!!!
You can try online dating (POF, OkCupid), speed dating, joining clubs out of interest, meeting guys through hobbies, through work, through education, through your network and going out.

Be your best self and be confident in yourself, love yourself and know you're a person who is worth knowing and loving.

I hope this helps:

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, you have got as much right as everyone else.

Think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

9) Look outside!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending