The Student Room Group

A-Level Options

gg
(edited 3 years ago)
dont take 4 retard
Reply 2
that’s so helpful, thank you. also, don’t use the word “retard”.
(edited 6 years ago)
Only you can make the decision. History might help more with essay writing skills, but ultimately, it is down to what you want to do.
Original post by xoxcm
that’s so helpful, thank you. also, don’t use the word “retard”.

no problem msg me if u need more advice & ok go enjoy ur medicine offers for 4 A* because u think u iq 2000
Reply 5
Original post by luciferhf
no problem msg me if u need more advice & ok go enjoy ur medicine offers for 4 A* because u think u iq 2000

Thank you! I’ll message you once I have my offers. Go and learn to have some respect:smile:)
Universities only require you to take three A-Levels, but if you desperately want to take 4 then pick the one you enjoy the most and will be most manageable to you
Reply 7
Original post by HSennett
Universities only require you to take three A-Levels, but if you desperately want to take 4 then pick the one you enjoy the most and will be most manageable to you

That’s helpful, thank you!
Reply 8
Original post by rapan8000
Only you can make the decision. History might help more with essay writing skills, but ultimately, it is down to what you want to do.

I’ll consider that, thanks :smile:
Reply 9
History is more respected and more of a challenge than business studies. I'd go with that.
If you truly have equal interest in both, then I would go history.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Rarest
History is more respectef and more of a challenge than business studies. I'd go with that.
If you truly have equal interest in both, then I would go history.

thank you!! yes I am leaning towards history, you’re right about it being more respected :smile:
History and Business Studies are not going to help with medicine at university. Why take an extra useless A-level when you could use that time to focus on the much more important 3 A-levels you need to do well in?

Regardless, you seem to be fairly determined to do 4. I guess I'm biased, but do History. It is likely to be more valuable than a Business Studies A-level, it can improve both your writing and analytical skills quickly, and it'll help you out when it comes to playing trivial pursuit.

A-level is not just harder than GCSE - it's a completely different world to it. The way in which you study and apply your knowledge is much different in A-level. You will need those free periods - don't replace them with an A-level you're probably not going to use.
Easy. Simply take the one you enjoy more and you'll 100% do better in it.
Reply 13
Original post by munchm_
History and Business Studies are not going to help with medicine at university. Why take an extra useless A-level when you could use that time to focus on the much more important 3 A-levels you need to do well in?

Regardless, you seem to be fairly determined to do 4. I guess I'm biased, but do History. It is likely to be more valuable than a Business Studies A-level, it can improve both your writing and analytical skills quickly, and it'll help you out when it comes to playing trivial pursuit.

A-level is not just harder than GCSE - it's a completely different world to it. The way in which you study and apply your knowledge is much different in A-level. You will need those free periods - don't replace them with an A-level you're probably not going to use.

This is really good advice, thanks so much. I’ll probably take history; I love it and I think that two more years of studying it will be something that I’ll thoroughly enjoy.
Reply 14
Original post by Radioactivedecay
Easy. Simply take the one you enjoy more and you'll 100% do better in it.

thank you x
Reply 15
Original post by luciferhf

Whats with that **** response? I'm genuinely asking you because I'm unsure if I'm missing something.
Original post by xoxcm
Okay, PLEASE do not bother telling me not to take four A-Levels, I’m taking four and I’m fine so yeah:smile:
So I’ll be taking Maths, Chemistry and Biology as my first three subjects.
My fourth will either be History or Business Studies. Which should I take? I find Business super easy, although obviously it’s more difficult at A-Level. My mock exam result in business was a strong A* and in history I got an 8 which is about the equivalent of an A*. I have equal interests in both subjects but can’t take both. I want to study medicine at uni

i think you should go with History because it'll help with a lot of things that you'll have to do within the Medicine field; critical analysis, extended writing, general research skills etc.
hope this helps you, good luck choosing! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by zainabmajid29
i think you should go with History because it'll help with a lot of things that you'll have to do within the Medicine field; critical analysis, extended writing, general research skills etc.
hope this helps you, good luck choosing! :smile:

you’re right, that sounds logical:smile: thank you!!
Original post by xoxcm
you’re right, that sounds logical:smile: thank you!!

no worries - happy to help :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by zainabmajid29
no worries - happy to help :wink:

💛💛

Quick Reply

Latest