The Student Room Group

people hate me because im ugly

Im from southwest england and there is a way that people use to show a sign on dislike. This might sound pretty dumb but people bite their nails at people who are different/imperfect and ugly like me. People walk past me and in one case i had someone of my age walking past me, and stops to hide behind the bush and bite his nails at me and i felt conflicted and sensed hostility. Biting one's nails as defined in psychology is a universal way of being a perfectionist, and people use this to angrily dishonor people who in most cases, are different (ugly). Sorry to write such a long paragraph but i hope you read this far and also in the most serious cases i see people use their brakes and stop in front of me (happened today) and i cant imagine what hatred they could be perceiving about my face. A while ago, to make things sure, I actually saw someone park for about 3 seconds or so until i looked his way and then he quickly looked away from my direction, still having his nails in his mouth) and when he looked away he also drove away. Its sad that people hate me because of my appearance and since i believe in christ i cant end my life.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Biting one's nails as defined in psychology is a universal way of being a perfectionist.

wow really , i bite my nails all the time and i'm so far from perfect that if i ever became perfect perfect will spit me right back outside being perfect
If this is real, then I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it people will be people . But it would have helped if you told us more about yourself so we could give you advice. But my advice is focus on working for what you want in the future and you wont even notice these people. And remember that time heals everything.
Don't worry about such things. Appearance is always deceptive. There is no one who is ugly. God has created everyone with a purpose. Time will answer your questions. Worrying about external appearance makes you stress. Accept yourself what ever you are. Just ignore those people, they don't know to admire God's beautiful creations. 23-43-51-inspirational-quotes-ive-seen-beauty-in-people-who-were-called-ugly-themindsjournal-c.jpg
Reply 4
You are not ugly because no-one is ugly. Beauty or ugliness are entirely culturally determined. They are not real. That means that beauty or ugliness can be manipulated and changed. It's impossible to define what is ugly and what is beautiful. For every person who thinks Person A is attractive, there are just as many who think that that person is not. Also, you are imagining that people are looking at you in this way. They are not. They are just going about their business. You need to build confidence in yourself. Do something small every day to build confidence. Shoulders back and stand tall. Walk with your head held high. Smile at someone at school or on the street. You'll get a smile back. That'll make you feel better. Don't expect changes overnight but do a little bit of confidence-building every day and things will change. They really will.
Wear a mask
You don't need people like them anyway.

They are not worth it.

No one is ugly. You are valuable away. Think of it as a £50 note, no matter how many times it's crumpled up, it still has value!

You can always improve your appearance by diet, rest, exercising, consuming healthy foods, dressing well etc.
You're not ugly please don't think that OP. It's what is on the inside that counts anyway which I'm sure you are gorgeous both inside and out, everyone is beautiful intheir own way.
Reply 8
Original post by Student-95
Wear a mask

I feel awful because I laughed
Tbh why care what they think? I bet some of those girls go home looking at the mirror thinking the same thing. You are not ugly, that is a strong word and negative. Trust me when I say this but no-one in the world is ugly, they just think that because of the comments and looks from others.
Reply 10
If this is real, then I'm afraid there is nothing you can do about it people will be people . But it would have helped if you told us more about yourself so we could give you advice. But my advice is focus on working for what you want in the future and you wont even notice these people. And remember that time heals everything.

Far from it, time is unlikely to fix congenital blindness or severe nerve damage. In fact with entropy time will lead to as much damage and disorder as possible.
Oh only you would say that about yourself :lol:
And that definetly isnt weird.
I mean if its your Mum and Gran, then they are trying to gas you up but you might be a solid 0.5 for all we know:h:
Im from southwest england and there is a way that people use to show a sign on dislike. This might sound pretty dumb but people bite their nails at people who are different/imperfect and ugly like me. People walk past me and in one case i had someone of my age walking past me, and stops to hide behind the bush and bite his nails at me and i felt conflicted and sensed hostility. Biting one's nails as defined in psychology is a universal way of being a perfectionist, and people use this to angrily dishonor people who in most cases, are different (ugly). Sorry to write such a long paragraph but i hope you read this far and also in the most serious cases i see people use their brakes and stop in front of me (happened today) and i cant imagine what hatred they could be perceiving about my face. A while ago, to make things sure, I actually saw someone park for about 3 seconds or so until i looked his way and then he quickly looked away from my direction, still having his nails in his mouth) and when he looked away he also drove away. Its sad that people hate me because of my appearance and since i believe in christ i cant end my life.

F*** EM. Honestly, everyone is beautiful. Don't you ever think about ending ur life for retards. If there is a blue pen with a black lid, do you buy it because of the black lid or the blue ink. BLUE INK RIGHT!! Whats inside matters most.
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
I mean if its your Mum and Gran, then they are trying to gas you up but you might be a solid 0.5 for all we know:h:

You absolute monster :lol:
Well you did ask for input and I gave some. But you were the one who had a slight hint of doubt, soooo
Thought you were a guy.
I mean you come across as a guy and Im probably not the only person who thinks you are one. The word 'ugly' was not stated in any of my post, so whos assuming now? Good for you and I think your mates are too nice but hey
Lol kill urself

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending