The Student Room Group

Would you ever go out with a vegan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rainabridget
As a logical person I try to understand both sides of an argument, and listen to logic over feelings (in this case, the feelings being a love of meat/ dairy). Veganism is better for the environment, can be for your health (if done right) and for the animals. It makes a bigger impact than not driving a car to work and turning lights off when you leave a room. Not saying meat-eaters aren’t logical though! It’s just personally my logic lead me to being vegan :smile: not trying to be pushy aha

You could also argue that you are not logical because there are things that you cannot get from vegan foods which come from fish and meat. Meat when done in moderation can be very healthy. But fish there is no denying the overwhelming health benefits. So by that sense, you aren't logical?

What is logic for one person might not be logic for you.

Some people believe that God is the only logical conclusion others don't.

Some people would say that abortion makes sense others say it does not.

So you cannot 100 percent say it is logical when there are arguments which are equally as strong
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by rejnekjr
Evidence? Lol what evidence did you provide you ****ing moron?

I've argued against all your retarded illogical points.

ohh and yess I made a spelling mistake big deal. Still not as big mistake as your parents made all those years ago.

Bless you. Must sit in your mums basement all day trolling. Why do you insult? Does it make yourself feel better about yourself? Does it make yourself big? Im going to PM you.
Ohh I get it now- its ok to not date someone as long as society tells you what they are doing is wrong?

No. I never made a comment on society - I made a comment on law and the rules of cuisine. Cannibalism is a crime because it directly harms the bodies of others. Also, there is a little more to cannibalism than it just being an eating habit - you have to go well out of your way to be a successful cannibal in the modern world. Any sane person wouldn't bother.
Original post by Jack22031994
Thats fairs1 and Yeah I agree really!

Something I have wanted to ask a vegan but have never had the chance

Would you say you can still be a Vegan and eat Mussels, Oysters etc? As they have no brain or nervous system so dont feel any pain. However they still are an animal product really?

It’s so nice when people are reasonable aha 😊 and personally I hate seafood so I don’t think I’ve ever even come across those foods 😬 so I don’t have an opinion on that as I don’t really know what they are, sorry! Vegans debate on some things though- like honey, or eating eggs from your own chicken. So they’re probably torn about your argument too, that’d be my guess :smile:
Original post by 8472
As long as they aren't hardcore vegan everything and just food wise then sure.

Tbh the only other things it effects are leather and cruelty free cosmetics!
All I have to say is it’s like if someone’s pro-life because they believe life begins at contraception , thus seeing abortion as murder vs others who see them as a clump of cells. Except here, some vegans see animals on the same level as us humans, which is how we can see eating them as.. barbaric. We don’t see meat we see a dead animals, uno? Not pushing beliefs down your throat but I can just see a difference in opinion here! That’s why some vegans compare the meat and dairy industry to things like that😊

I looove this description! So true. As someone pro-choice, I don’t see a foetus as having the same value of life as a person. Same way meat eaters don’t see animals as the same value of life as a person.
Reply 85
I do respect people with other diets :smile: animal agriculture uses lots more land and water, and cow populations are more so increased due to human demand (to my knowledge, I am always open to be re-educated tho!) I personally don’t care for what human tradition is, as I can survive off a herbivore diet and thrive so that’s all that matters. Don’t worry I don’t argue with people at all aha 😊 also I am a religious person so I disagree with harming any living being, but I do understand the other side!

My point it being with it being Human tradition is, we've done this thousands of years, so why do people get so angry? Good. Its nice to hear.
Reply 86
Don't PM me again you little creep.

Scared? Don't give it all on public threads you troll.
What difference do you think you’ve made?

In the four years i’ve been vegan, i’ve influenced my Mum, sister in law, a work colleague and two of my friends to go vegan (though one is now a vegetarian). What about you?
Original post by ineedtorevise127
You could also argue that you are not logical because there are things that you cannot get from vegan foods which come from fish and meat. Meat when done in moderation can be very healthy. But fish there is no denying the overwhelming health benefits. So by that sense, you aren't logical?

What is logic for one person might not be logic for you.

Some people believe that God is the only logical conclusion others don't.

Some people would say that abortion makes sense others say it does not.

So you cannot 100 percent say it is logical when there are arguments which are equally as strong

I personally am not vegan for the health benefits in the slightest, just for the environment and animals (also the only thing not in a vegan diet is B12 which can be fortified into some things). My logic is geared towards that which is best for the planet, but I understand that I worded it not so great so I respect what you’ve said :smile: but as you said, that’s logic for me not for others, but I’ll keep what you said in mind for next time as you made a good point! :smile: cheers
Reply 89
Human slavery was human tradition for thousands of years. So going by your logic what does people get so angry about that?

****ing idiot.

Different point again. If you don't understand already we are talking about meat eating which is very different for Rape and Human slavery you idiot.
Reply 90
Why would I be scared of a freak like you?

PM me then I dare you.
Reply 91
I managed to turn 20 abbitor workers vegan on the spot.

Bet you did. Im a meat eater and you want me to go eat more meat. A good bacon roll sounds nice right now.
Reply 92
Original post by cat_mac
In the four years i’ve been vegan, i’ve influenced my Mum, sister in law, a work colleague and two of my friends to go vegan (though one is now a vegetarian). What about you?

Live with me and show me the whole diet so I can too haha
It’s so nice when people are reasonable aha 😊 and personally I hate seafood so I don’t think I’ve ever even come across those foods 😬 so I don’t have an opinion on that as I don’t really know what they are, sorry! Vegans debate on some things though- like honey, or eating eggs from your own chicken. So they’re probably torn about your argument too, that’d be my guess :smile:

No problem! And yeah it is, (on both sides)

Tbh, he only thing has made me cosider not to eat bacon isnt, all those factual videos and how umm a pig becomes bacon. But this....

https://youtu.be/TnG7ssuDa40
Original post by cat_mac
I looove this description! So true. As someone pro-choice, I don’t see a foetus as having the same value of life as a person. Same way meat eaters don’t see animals as the same value of life as a person.

Thank you I am quite proud of it :wink: I am the exact same, I am pro-choice as well aha. I respect what you said about treating people with respect and talking calmly about veganism as I do that too, and it really does have a positive influence 😊 may we show people not all herbivores are scary aha
Reply 95
Says who?

Also you couldn't understand why people get angry at a certain thing because its been happening thousands of years but you can understand why people get angry at another thing thats been happening thousands of years.

Away and **** yourself you clown.

Again, Slavery and rape are different points. How did slavery become illegal? People opposed and thousands did when it was going on. It was only small families that took slaves and hid them on their farms. Mostly in the Carribean, Middle East and North America. Not much in England.
Reply 96
I bang your mum while you sleep.

How old are you? Sounds like something a thirteen year old says.
Everything you talk about here comes under society.

You could say that anything comes under society other than objective fact. My point is that cannibalism is against the objective morality of people as it directly harms other people, and as a result of this, someone deciding to go out of their way quite greatly to harm other people and cannibalise them is necessary . There's more to it here than just "You eat funny".
Original post by jdddd
My point it being with it being Human tradition is, we've done this thousands of years, so why do people get so angry? Good. Its nice to hear.

I don’t believe in getting angry over opinions really, doesn’t help anyone. All I’ll say is some people have the view that women not being allowed to work has been tradition but look how that’s changed, young marriages were allowed but in places that’s changed too, gay marriage is also becoming legal and that’s against tradition so not everyone agrees with tradition (although meat-eaters may not see eating animals the same as those things of course, which is fine!) :smile: I do wish peeps wouldn’t get angry tho!
yes if the steaks were high

Quick Reply

Latest