The Student Room Group

What questions do you recommend for A-level biology?

I'm in year 12 and will be sitting my end of year 12 exams this year. So it's that time of the year where I'll be doing questions. I want to get an A and I really need to work on exam technique because I have made flashacrds/notes from start of year 12 so content is fine.
I have only finished 3/4 of the content so take that into account too.

I want an A grade so what do you recommend out of the three for this time of the year providing I have done no practice questions so far:

1) doing the end of chapter practice questions from the CGP textbooks
2) doing the practice questions at the end of each chapter from the AQA biology endorsed textbook
3) past papers from old spec (**** ton of units)
Thnaks everyone :smile:
anyone please I'm really stuck on what questions I should do from?
Anyone who got A in AS did you do textbook questions and/or past papers?
bump
Reply 4
Original post by Ilovemaths...
I'm in year 12 and will be sitting my end of year 12 exams this year. So it's that time of the year where I'll be doing questions. I want to get an A and I really need to work on exam technique because I have made flashacrds/notes from start of year 12 so content is fine.
I have only finished 3/4 of the content so take that into account too.

I want an A grade so what do you recommend out of the three for this time of the year providing I have done no practice questions so far:

1) doing the end of chapter practice questions from the CGP textbooks
2) doing the practice questions at the end of each chapter from the AQA biology endorsed textbook
3) past papers from old spec (**** ton of units)
Thnaks everyone :smile:

Would recommend doing 3 and 2. CGP questions are too easy.
Original post by HateOCR
Would recommend doing 3 and 2. CGP questions are too easy.

I recognise you from my old TSR accounts lol :smile:
Anyway, you mean CGP textbooks right? Their too easy?
Do you think if one knows all the content for biology and solely all the past papers (old spec and new spec) would that be enough for an A at end of year 12? (I need to get an A for medicine)
Reply 6
I recognise you from my old TSR accounts lol :smile:
Anyway, you mean CGP textbooks right? Their too easy?
Do you think if one knows all the content for biology and solely all the past papers (old spec and new spec) would that be enough for an A at end of year 12? (I need to get an A for medicine)

Yes thats how i got an A in AS. Don’t forget the practicals
Original post by HateOCR
Yes thats how i got an A in AS. Don’t forget the practicals

Did you do the same for chemistry?
anyone else...
Reply 9
Did you do the same for chemistry?

Yes i used the textbook, chemrevise and the CGP book. Assuming you’re AQA, the CGP book is very good.
I didn’t do any old spec papers for AS because i want to save them for this year. Good luck on your studies.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HateOCR
Yes i used the textbook, chemrevise and the CGP book. Assuming you’re AQA, the CGP book is very good.
I didn’t do any old spec papers for AS because i want to save them for this year. Good luck on your studies.

Yes I am AQA and wow you got an A in AS for chemistry just doing new spec papers, you must be really smart. Thanks lol :biggrin:
Yes I am AQA and wow you got an A in AS for chemistry just doing new spec papers, you must be really smart. Thanks lol :biggrin:

No. Im very inconsistent. Im on a grade E for Biology and Chemistry as of now. My grades fluctuate a lot in a very short period of time so theres no guarantee on how well i score on my A2’s. Get off TSR and revise, i’ve given you enough advice. Revision isn’t rocket science, you’ve already completed your GCSE’s and you want to apply to Medicine so there should be no excuse for why you can’t help yourself when it comes to revision. Have a good day.

Quick Reply

Latest