The Student Room Group

Would you ever go out with a vegan

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by rejnekjr
People didn't oppose human slavery hundred of years ago- it was part of life. It was the way people were brought up to belief that it was their right to own some humans. Doesn't mean it was right tho.

It wasn't though, but, whatever.
Reply 101
Ask your mum.

Lovely bacon.
Reply 102
Original post by rainabridget
I don’t believe in getting angry over opinions really, doesn’t help anyone. All I’ll say is some people have the view that women not being allowed to work has been tradition but look how that’s changed, young marriages were allowed but in places that’s changed too, gay marriage is also becoming legal and that’s against tradition so not everyone agrees with tradition (although meat-eaters may not see eating animals the same as those things of course, which is fine!) :smile: I do wish peeps wouldn’t get angry tho!

Women not be allowed to work? Course they could. In western societies the mother would look after the house and children. In Germany schools shut at 1pm so they went back and their mum could help them with homework. Its been changing slowly due to the cost of everything. Gay marriage isn't really a human tradition. Marriage is religious, it isn't a thing everyone does. But, if a religion says no gay marriage, don't we have to respect that?

Same!!
Reply 103
Yeah in your opinion. Bet you would force that opinion onto someone who thinks its their right to own human slaves you hypocrite.

That's why many people get angry about the way animals are treated today- because they themselves don't think its right in their opinion. That's why they get ****ing angry despite the fact its been happening for thousands of year.

Lovely bacon.
Original post by jdddd
Women not be allowed to work? Course they could. In western societies the mother would look after the house and children. In Germany schools shut at 1pm so they went back and their mum could help them with homework. Its been changing slowly due to the cost of everything. Gay marriage isn't really a human tradition. Marriage is religious, it isn't a thing everyone does. But, if a religion says no gay marriage, don't we have to respect that?

Same!!

I just meant gay marriage goes against the ‘tradition’ of marriage being between man and woman- but I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, you make good points 😊
Reply 105
Your mum loves my vegan sausage soo much.

Is it bacon.
Reply 106
I just meant gay marriage goes against the ‘tradition’ of marriage being between man and woman- but I’m just playing devil’s advocate here, you make good points 😊

Marriage isn't human tradition. Its religious. Thats why I'll never get married, as im not religious.
Reply 107
No you ****ing retard I said VEGAN sausage.

Bacon sausage?
Original post by jdddd
Marriage isn't human tradition. Its religious. Thats why I'll never get married, as im not religious.

Well fair enough :smile: I suppose I saw it as some countries like the U.K. non-religious people get married all the time. But I see
I don’t believe in getting angry over opinions really, doesn’t help anyone. All I’ll say is some people have the view that women not being allowed to work has been tradition but look how that’s changed, young marriages were allowed but in places that’s changed too, gay marriage is also becoming legal and that’s against tradition so not everyone agrees with tradition (although meat-eaters may not see eating animals the same as those things of course, which is fine!) :smile: I do wish peeps wouldn’t get angry tho!

I'm glad people like you are positive and welcoming in discussion, unlike some people...*ahem*rejnekjr
Reply 110
Original post by cat_mac
In the four years i’ve been vegan, i’ve influenced my Mum, sister in law, a work colleague and two of my friends to go vegan (though one is now a vegetarian). What about you?

Haha I think they're now banned.
Original post by cat_mac
Aw i’m glad to hear it!

Zizi have their own vegan cheese that they’ve made for pizza and they have a good amount of options, you just have to ask for the vegan menu when they seat you.

Pizza express do vegan pizza options too.

Bella Italia has vegan pasta dishes

Waggamamas has loads of great vegan options!

Thai and indian restaurant usually have a lot of accidentally vegan dishes, it’s worth checking out the menus online and seeing what’s available near you.

Hope that helps!

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we have indians too. What is Zizi and Waggamamas? I don't really have time for cooking so all vegan/vegetarian food I would eat would need to be something that you can just put in the oven or microwave. What type of stuff do you eat (I know its vegan but I mean like examples)?
Aslong as they like my sausage then sure
As long as she's not fussy enough to prevent me from eating whatever I want
Sure

Quick Reply

Latest