The Student Room Group

American teacher lived double life as white nationalist podcaster

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger

You are pretty insecure about this. If it happened in a UK school then they would report it as well. It has everything to do with her daytime job. You think people its suitable to have white supremacists teachers in school?

You'll have to remind me of what you guys are calling a white supremacist this week, it normally is just a swear word thrown at political opponents to supress their right to exist. One thing I'd like to see our schools get rid of is teachers attempting to influence the kids with their politics and there is far too much of that in our very own yard. You wouldn't get the Beeb to cover that, though.

i called this FAKE NEWS because it doesn't even rate as news at all in my book. We are talking about it this side of the Atlantic because the Beeb are only too happy to serve as a conduit to the Democrats' propaganda. Wtf do I care about this woman, this is just another not so sub-liminal message that if you are on the right you deserve losing your job, your voice, your freedom of thought and speech, everything. THAT is the message.
Original post by zhog
You'll have to remind me of what you guys are calling a white supremacist this week, it normally is just a swear word thrown at political opponents to supress their right to exist. One thing I'd like to see our schools get rid of is teachers attempting to influence the kids with their politics and there is far too much of that in our very own yard. You wouldn't get the Beeb to cover that, though.

i called this FAKE NEWS because it doesn't even rate as news at all in my book. We are talking about it this side of the Atlantic because the Beeb are only too happy to serve as a conduit to the Democrats' propaganda. Wtf do I care about this woman, this is just another not so sub-liminal message that if you are on the right you deserve losing your job, your voice, your freedom of thought and speech, everything. THAT is the message.

So in your eyes is it acceptable for a teacher to be a racist and to be teaching those views to children?

Is it acceptable to hold the views they want all Muslims to be wiped off the face of the earth?
Original post by AngeryPenguin
True, but fascist lecturers aren't sacked either. Just look at Jordan Peterson.

Obvious troll is obvious
Original post by AngeryPenguin
True, but fascist lecturers aren't sacked either. Just look at Jordan Peterson.

The "fascist" lecturers are those opposing Peterson, snowflake...

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/heres-the-full-recording-of-wilfrid-laurier-reprimanding-lindsay-shepherd-for-showing-a-jordan-peterson-video
Well, one thing to consider is that if a teacher is a white supremacist, they might not give equal and fair treatment to non-white students. Teaching at a school is not a suitable career for a white supremacist for that reason. They would be better off as like, train drivers or air traffic control or something, there are many examples of good jobs for a person who hates ethnics.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
The points she makes about Islam in the article are fair tbh.

I think if this had remained unknown it would be fine. They weren;t exaclty bringing their poltcis into thier teaching. But the cats ouf of the bag now. The Education system should be a place where anyone can exist without feeling like they don't belong. I don't see how for exmaple you can expect black people to be happy with being taught by an open white supremacist.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Plantagenet Crown sympathies with far right shocker.

ChaoticButterfly sympathises with far left blowing of far right ideology of Islam, shocker. :smile:
Original post by generallee
ChaoticButterfly sympathises with far left blowing of far right ideology of Islam, shocker. :smile:

Far left brutally murdering far right shocker (and seeing off the Labour right XD)

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/blog/2016/8/27/bob-crow-anti-is-fighters-slam-uk-labours-red-rebel
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RockyDennis
Well, one thing to consider is that if a teacher is a white supremacist, they might not give equal and fair treatment to non-white students. Teaching at a school is not a suitable career for a white supremacist for that reason. They would be better off as like, train drivers or air traffic control or something, there are many examples of good jobs for a person who hates ethnics.

Really? We’re punishing people for what they might do? I’d agree, she should be fired if it became clear that this was having an impact on her ability to treat students fairly, but firing her because she might do that ....
Original post by limetang
Really? We’re punishing people for what they might do? I’d agree, she should be fired if it became clear that this was having an impact on her ability to treat students fairly, but firing her because she might do that ....

Well I think it would be impossible for someone who harbors hatred for non-whites to treat them without some level of animosity and unfairness.

Like can you imagine young Tom Metzger (before he went soft and started fixing TVs for Mexicans) sincerely helping a black student out with his homework, or not giving preferential treatment to white students? Loool... Like imagine there's a fight between a black and white student initiated by the white student, you know he's gonna be sending the black kid to the principal.

I don't even care if people are white supremacists it has no affect on me at all since I'm white. But I just think it's a bad career choice for someone like that, when part of their job requires that they care for non-whites. They seem a poor candidate.
Original post by limetang

It's one of the same reasons they fire teachers who have student affairs, due to the possibility that they might treat the other students unfairly. It's not the only reason of course, but it is one of them. Would you really trust a person in a position of trust who is known to be a white nationalist to not have some form of concious/unconscious bias against non white students? I think it's incredibly naive to assume that the persons extreme political beliefs will absolutely not reflect at all in what they teach to their students.
That said, I only mean this if the teacher in question is an actual white nationalist and not just someone who is critical of the far left and islam.
Original post by 999tigger
So in your eyes is it acceptable for a teacher to be a racist and to be teaching those views to children?

Is it acceptable to hold the views they want all Muslims to be wiped off the face of the earth?

I really don't know that any of that applies, very little information on the link from the Beeb. You don't know if any of that is true either, you just wish it is and the woman has only been suspended by her employers until further notice. Maybe she has done nothing illegal and will stay in the job, we don't know. In the end, this could be news about nothing relevant to anyone.

This is not a news report, it is an engineered story by the Huff Post and they are no emblem to political impartiality. It was them who allocated time and resources to go poke their noses in this woman's life in order to 'expose' another 'white supremacist'. The Beeb like that sort of thing too and that is why we are talking about it this side of the Atlantic. All those copies of the Guardian strewn around are likely to have an effect at times.
(edited 6 years ago)
If her prejudices got in the way of her teaching, then firing her was correct.
Original post by the bear
why can't people just be nice to each other ?

:emo:

Be nice to people who sympathise with a white supremacist? They're just as bad as each other
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Are you out of your mind? Ashamed I wasted time explaining the state of this country's homeless and benefits to you. You're not the type to understand things or care.

If the limp wristed liberals that run our schools had any commone sense they would have taught national pride to our youngsers - that would have avoided the big sell out to the EU and avoided the mess we are in now
People shouldn't be fired just for having the 'wrong' political beliefs. Unless she's actually brainwashing children into becoming Klan members, I don't see the ethical justification for her termination. Is there not some rather ironic fascism in firing her? She's entitled to her beliefs and viewpoints, whatever they may be.
Original post by Dandaman1
Is there not some rather ironic fascism in firing her?

no

NEXT!
People shouldn't be fired just for having the 'wrong' political beliefs. Unless she's actually brainwashing children into becoming Klan members, I don't see the ethical justification for her termination. Is there not some rather ironic fascism in firing her? She's entitled to her beliefs and viewpoints, whatever they may be.

Well you can't exactly have white supremacists, who hold the beliefs that other races are inferior, teaching at schools can you? In the same way that if you were a member of the BNP, a party which pledged to deport all Muslims and denied the Holocaust, you couldn't be in the police force.

I don't know what this woman did or didn't do so I won't comment on it.

She bragged about bringing her disgusting views into the classroom. This was absolutely the right move. Jog on, I say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending