The Student Room Group

GCSE History exam time management

my exam board is wjec eduqas and I find the time for the exam so short. 2 of them r 45 mins and I think the other 2 r 1hr 15mins. even if I revised well I won't have time to think of my answer and plan them well and answer it in the time given.
any advice?
Original post by Zahra_2001
my exam board is wjec eduqas and I find the time for the exam so short. 2 of them r 45 mins and I think the other 2 r 1hr 15mins. even if I revised well I won't have time to think of my answer and plan them well and answer it in the time given.
any advice?

Timed practice is the way to do it. You have as much time as everyone else. Practice makes you think faster and know what you are doing. Planning shouldnt really take more than 10 mins. You need to adjust your technique and make answers to fit. It is possible to get full marks in the time.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Timed practice is the way to do it. You have as much time as everyone else. Practice makes you think faster and know what you are doing. Planning shouldnt really take more than 10 mins. You need to adjust your technique and make answers to fit. It is possible to get full marks in the time.

the thing is I only found one past paper for each unit we r doing for my exam board eduqas
the thing is I only found one past paper for each unit we r doing for my exam board eduqas

You could ask your history teacher to write out a number of essay questions for you to practice on, and he/she could mark them once you had done them.

What about old spec or had a look at WJEC? Eduaqas are normally great for past papers, so there must have been a spec change. id use the ones before.
Reply 5
What about old spec or had a look at WJEC? Eduaqas are normally great for past papers, so there must have been a spec change. id use the ones before.

idk y all I can find is the specimen I'll try to search for more thx though
idk y all I can find is the specimen I'll try to search for more thx though

These are wjec legacy papers.

http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/qualification-resources.html?pastpaper=true&subject=History&level=gcse

Theres also a History A and B. You only need the questions as your issue is about time management.

More limited questions might be the ones with sources.
Reply 7
These are wjec legacy papers.

http://www.wjec.co.uk/qualifications/qualification-resources.html?pastpaper=true&subject=History&level=gcse

Theres also a History A and B. You only need the questions as your issue is about time management.

More limited questions might be the ones with sources.

thx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending