The Student Room Group

How can I stop feeling this way and change my mindset?

When you think lesser of yourself because a girl you have a huge crush on doesn't feel the same way what do you do to stop feeling like this?
You just have to accept it and move on, keep busy, don't let yourself think about it.
Original post by DrawTheLine
You just have to accept it and move on, keep busy, don't let yourself think about it.

how can I keep myself busy, what if I think about her even when I'm doing other stuff?
It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t like you back. It’s her loss:smile:
Original post by Susan Mitchel
It doesn’t matter if she doesn’t like you back. It’s her loss:smile:

but it does to me tho and I can't get over that
Original post by Ryanthom100
but it does to me tho and I can't get over that

Try telling yourself that it’smher loss. The more you believe the better you will feel. Put yourself first
Original post by Susan Mitchel
Try telling yourself that it’smher loss. The more you believe the better you will feel. Put yourself first

That's the issue, I don't believe in myself anymore and I don't know how to believe in myself again...
how can I keep myself busy, what if I think about her even when I'm doing other stuff?

You have to put in the effort to think of other things.
you make like 10 of these threads
New girl every week
Original post by puddhi eater 69
you make like 10 of these threads
New girl every week

no, it's been the same girl for 12 months lmao
You have to put in the effort to think of other things.

what should I think about?
what should I think about?

Literally anything else.
Literally anything else.

but she creeps into whatever I think about tho
but she creeps into whatever I think about tho

Dude I can't help you if you won't help yourself. You're so insistent on being like "but I always think about her " "but I can't stop it". What do you expect me to say? You need to have self control and put in the effort to change your thoughts. I can't and no one else can do that. Help yourself first in order to be helped.
Dude I can't help you if you won't help yourself. You're so insistent on being like "but I always think about her " "but I can't stop it". What do you expect me to say? You need to have self control and put in the effort to change your thoughts. I can't and no one else can do that. Help yourself first in order to be helped.

hmm okay, but I try to change my thoughts but it doesn't work. I might just start to keep myself occupied before going to bed by reading or something
Reply 15
hmm okay, but I try to change my thoughts but it doesn't work. I might just start to keep myself occupied before going to bed by reading or something

Cutting her out will be a good step, block her, delete the number or anything that will stop her from appearing in your life. Then you pursue your hobbies and over time you'll forget about her. Not every girl will like you, some will obviously but accepting that rejection is normal will help you get through moments where the girl doesn't like you back.

Pick yourself up and try to become a better person, however that may be.
Original post by UWS
Cutting her out will be a good step, block her, delete the number or anything that will stop her from appearing in your life. Then you pursue your hobbies and over time you'll forget about her. Not every girl will like you, some will obviously but accepting that rejection is normal will help you get through moments where the girl doesn't like you back.

Pick yourself up and try to become a better person, however that may be.

Hmm I don't know if I should block her as that may come across as rude and weird. I won't msg her to meet up anymore though, however, if she asks me that's a different story. Yeah ngl getting through this will help me in the future with rejection so much haha.
Reply 17
Hmm I don't know if I should block her as that may come across as rude and weird. I won't msg her to meet up anymore though, however, if she asks me that's a different story. Yeah ngl getting through this will help me in the future with rejection so much haha.

You may struggle with doing both though. It's hard to stay friends with someone who rejected you, the feelings will take much longer to go away. If you don't want to block her, at least start distancing yourself from her until you move on.
Original post by UWS
You may struggle with doing both though. It's hard to stay friends with someone who rejected you, the feelings will take much longer to go away. If you don't want to block her, at least start distancing yourself from her until you move on.

hmm yeah I get what u mean. I will start trying to distance myself tho instead for the time being till I'm ready to go further e.g. block her

Quick Reply

Latest