The Student Room Group

The US will become the biggest Oil producer by 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chucke1992
No, I am talking about internal political strife. Are you a russian? Sometimes it feels you are not...Though even in Russian there are multiple kinds of people.

Are you referring to Navalny?

Some still believe that Russia has soviet capabilities, while we are truly at Nicolas II level now. Pre WW1 level.

Not quite, but I get your point.

Except they are not using principles of prisoners and play more or less fair play. Not some kind of bandits from the street.

The Saudis are taking absolutely no prisoners in Yemen.

You are talking as if there was only Yeltsin and Putin in Russia. Yeltsin should burn in hell, Gorbachev should be ready too though.
I would better return Stalin's time. Brezhnev was not too bad too but unlike the beginning of 20th century we are currently lacking really brilliant people

Putin enjoys an approval rating of more than 80%.

Putin failed with DNR and LNR. And Crimea. It could be much more better. Now he has no idea what to do with them. If you russian you can read a lot of sources about that.

Putin's game in Ukraine is a lot more complicated than that.....
Original post by ByEeek
I know. I was bored waiting for my son to finish his swimming lesson.

And now you have the same old response that I was talking about earlier
Original post by paul514
My point exactly why state all the points when they are so well known.

You have just made it clear that you live in an echo chamber.

For gods sake you didn’t even mention half of them and it’s enough already.

By all means retort.
Original post by paul514
And now you have the same old response that I was talking about earlier

The response that exists outside of your echo chamber?
Original post by Stalin
Are you referring to Navalny?

Navalny is nobody. No.

Putin some kind of leader of several gangs. As for example, currently, there is a conflict between private military faction (don't remember who is the leader) and Shoygu's family. That's actually a reason for recent Syrian minor incidents. In addition regions are not calm too - though governors have been feeling like some kind of kings for a long time (there was even a recent incident where people wanted to talk with the governor about the tons of junk beside their town or something, and he sent a police squad instead lol). Oligarchs are also not a single entity (I bet that if the private military allowed, oligarchs will try to create their own armies. Expect wars over plants like in 90s but on larger scales).

Original post by Stalin
The Saudis are taking absolutely no prisoners in Yemen.

Who cares about Yemen? Putin cares only about churcas (we call like this guys from Chechnya and others) and guys from Turkmenistan and others. Government is acting to natives as they are some kind of valetry, servants.

Original post by Stalin
Putin enjoys an approval rating of more than 80%.

I can draw 146% so what? Rating doesn't matter, they will make any. There is no doubt there are Putin's supporters (but well there are guys that are ready for intranet and support it while ok (social network) is working but whatever)

Their own problem now is that for too big rating there might be dissatisfaction. Russians have a specific habit - they can endure a lot, but if they start the revolt it will be very brutal. A lot of people want to hang government today that's for sure. Every 100 years something happens anyway lol

Original post by Stalin
Putin's game in Ukraine is a lot more complicated than that.....

Putin lost in Ukraine - without real war he can't resolve it anymore. Another solution - he can give up DNR and LNR after all Russia still doesn't support them as countries...He should have taken those two regions like Crimea. But he did not do that.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Stalin
Why is Russia an undesirable country?

And is it really comparable to Saudi Arabia?

Russia is a fascist shithole with a president who's prepared stage terrorist attacks to stay in power and maintain its oligarchy

At least Saudi have somewhat begun to acknowledge more liberal ideas, they are absolutely comparable.
Original post by Stalin
The response that exists outside of your echo chamber?

I’m not talking to you, I have better things to do than have the same old conversation which is why I wanted to start the conversation in a different way.

I have no interest in your Russia defending itself narrative because no one has attacked them and no one is out to get them. They are the aggressor and that’s clear to anyone who doesn’t have a bias like someone with the name Stalin.

Have fun
Original post by floydd223
Russia is a fascist shithole with a president who's prepared stage terrorist attacks to stay in power and maintain its oligarchy

What evidence do you have to support your claim that Putin staged terrorist attacks in Russia?

At least Saudi have somewhat begun to acknowledge more liberal ideas, they are absolutely comparable.

Allowing women to drive is the metric these days?

What about public beheadings?
Reply 28
Original post by paul514
No, it’s an undesirable country.

I’ve seen your I love Russia threads recently so I know how you feel already.

It's more a respect than a love but never the less to compare them to Saudi Arabia is simply idiotic.
Original post by Stalin
Putin has stated on numerous occasions that this sort of provocation is a mere reaction to NATO's push eastward and destabilisation of Russia's sphere, which includes the orchestrated coup in Kiev, for example, as well as the arming of neo-Nazis in the country.

Every major country conducts cyber attacks on its rivals.

The American agencies were caught spying on European leaders a few years ago.

The U.S. has meddled in countless elections in Russia.

A reaction to the Western coup in Kiev aimed at turning Ukraine into a NATO member state instead of a buffer between NATO and Russia.

Perhaps you are unaware of the recent increase in the U.S. defence budget - it was increased by $94B, which is more than Russia's entire budget for its armed forces. The U.S. budget now stands at more than $700B, while Russia's stands at $70B (bear in mind the budget fluctuates depending on what is needed and the price of oil, and therefore can drop, while the U.S. only increases).

Do you really expect a great power like Russia to neglect its armed forces when its rival outspends it by more than ten times?

It's unfortunate, but they know the rules of the game.

It's strange that you side with team that turns countries - particularly Muslim countries - upside down, and continues probing Putin, instead of ironing out the issues, which, obviously, leads to a reaction from Russia, and the shock surprise from the West that someone in the world won't bend over and take it.

I would invite you to listen to the speech Putin made in Munich in 2007.

I love that. This idea that foreign interests can organise mass protest from the people. I'm with Paul - I was bored in the swimming pool. I'm not going to argue the toss for the sake of it, especially if you are using clips from Russian State sponsored TV companies. At least we have a free press, which is more than can be said for Russia.
Original post by paul514
I’m not talking to you, I have better things to do than have the same old conversation which is why I wanted to start the conversation in a different way.

You weren't interested in having a discussion about Russia with me because I disagree with the 'prevailing opinion' that you subscribe to.

That's one narrow mind dying to be opened.

I have no interest in your Russia defending itself narrative because no one has attacked them and no one is out to get them.

I never said anyone attacked Russia.

I said that NATO has continued to push eastward into Russia's sphere and onto its borders. Furthermore, it orchestrated a coup in Kiev in an attempt to change Ukraine's neutrality and turn it into an NATO member state, which is a red line for Russia.

Do you dispute this?

They are the aggressor and that’s clear to anyone who doesn’t have a bias like someone with the name Stalin.

Elaborate on what Russia has done that makes it the aggressor and refute the claims I have already made in this thread.

Also, I won't engage in ad hominem attacks, even if there is plenty of subject matter as regards your face.

Have fun

You too, snowflake.
Original post by Stalin
What evidence do you have to support your claim that Putin staged terrorist attacks in Russia?

Allowing women to drive is the metric these days?

What about public beheadings?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2016/08/vladimir-putin-1999-russian-apartment-house-bombings-was-putin-responsible/

"All available evidence points to Putin’s complicity in the 1999 apartment-building bombings in Russia. Those who have tried to investigate have been killed off, one by one."

What about FSB agents murdering political enemies and oligarchs funding far right youth groups?

They're both bad, just in different ways. Russia is the single biggest enemy of the West. Saudi Arabia has shown signs of liberalising, moving away from oil, cutting off funding of wahhabism and general progress.

Russia is a fascist dictatorship.
Original post by Stalin
You weren't interested in having a discussion about Russia with me because I disagree with the 'prevailing opinion' that you subscribe to.

That's one narrow mind dying to be opened.

I never said anyone attacked Russia.

I said that NATO has continued to push eastward into Russia's sphere and onto its borders. Furthermore, it orchestrated a coup in Kiev in an attempt to change Ukraine's neutrality and turn it into an NATO member state, which is a red line for Russia.

Do you dispute this?

Elaborate on what Russia has done that makes it the aggressor and refute the claims I have already made in this thread.

Also, I won't engage in ad hominem attacks, even if there is plenty of subject matter as regards your face.

You too, snowflake.

Paul is right for leaving the conversation. You're absurd, your defence of Russia suggests that you are unaware of how much of a fascist authoritarian state it is or you do care and you're just defending it.

Either way, you're an idiot.
Original post by Napp
It's more a respect than a love but never the less to compare them to Saudi Arabia is simply idiotic.

I didn’t compare them I said they were undesirable countries
Original post by ByEeek
I love that. This idea that foreign interests can organise mass protest from the people. I'm with Paul - I was bored in the swimming pool. I'm not going to argue the toss for the sake of it, especially if you are using clips from Russian State sponsored TV companies.

It's a speech. What difference does it make if it was made on RT, CNN or some Congolese broadcaster?

At least we have a free press, which is more than can be said for Russia.

The impartial, state-sponsored BBC?

You make me laugh.
Original post by Stalin
You too, snowflake.

Same reply as last time.

You’re wasting your time.
Original post by Tempest II
The International Energy Agency believes that the increase in US shale production will ensure that the nation becomes the largest producer of oil by 2023.

There are variables that need to fall into line to achieve this - oil prices hovering around the $70-80 per barrel mark for one - but as OPEC, Russia & other producers opted to cut production to raise prices then the IEA sees US output being revised upwards rather than down.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iea-oil/iea-sees-u-s-oil-output-surge-stealing-opec-share-in-next-five-years-idUSKBN1GH0YF?il=0

http://fortune.com/2018/01/19/us-saudi-arabia-russia-largest-oil-producer-2018/

Personally, I'd say anything that reduces the West's dependency on Middle Eastern oil has to be a positive step.

There are rumours flying around the internet that oil is not the rare substance that it is made out to be. The argument is that although oil is made up of Hydrogen Carbon and Oxygen, that does not mean that oil is formerly living matter. These rumours are saying that the rarity of oil is a scam designed to put the price up.
Reply 37
Original post by paul514
I didn’t compare them I said they were undesirable countries

That's lumping them together...
Anyway aside from russia effectively telling the us to go whistle what makes it so undesirable in your view?
Reply 38
Original post by Stalin
The impartial, state-sponsored BBC?

Some users have a deeply ingrained bigotry towards all things they don't know - in this case if a story comes from RT it is ipso facto wrong and a lie. Not to mention the attitude towards PressTv. It's almost cute
Original post by floydd223
Russia is the single biggest enemy of the West. Saudi Arabia has shown signs of liberalizing, moving away from oil, cutting off funding of wahhabism and general progress.Russia is a fascist dictatorship.

Nah, nobody cares about liberalism or whatever regime. Common "entitled" folk might think the country is bad because it is not a liberalistic enough (like LGBT rights, minorities etc.) but on the world scale, it doesn't matter - ideology is a tool for masses. The government doesn't really care about minorities or refugees but it brings rating. Also immigrants usually uneducated and religious so they are useful for the government and business (low wage workers).

What problem with Russia is unpredictability. Nobody cares about Kosovo, nobody cares about African countries. But North Korea is a danger. The only reason - true reason - it still exists is South Korea - it is too close. Even with China USA could have done something. NK is unpredictable. Ok, it is a buffer for China, but it might bite back if there is no food supplies for the example.

Russia is too big, has a lot of money and nuclear warheads. West wants to split it - in a controllable manner - and wrap Putin's gang in some Moscow region where they will be harmless. Because if it will be uncontrollable - Yugoslavia case will be a kindergarten. They don't care whether there will be neofeudalism or whatever.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending