The Student Room Group

Which Universities are best for Jewish life?

Hi!
I'm a Jewish teenager. One of the things I am most looking forward to for University is being with Jewish peers, an experience I love but rarely get.
Any Jews out there who can vouch for their University Experience in terms of JSOC's?
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Nottingham and Leeds are Jewnies so I'd say that's where the hype is. We probably know each other somehow...
Original post by jsk800
Nottingham and Leeds are Jewnies so I'd say that's where the hype is. We probably know each other somehow...

Haha, doubt it! Not a North West London Jew. Though, to be fair, you're still probably right.
Favourite Golders Green shop? :tongue:
Original post by notveryclever
Haha, doubt it! Not a North West London Jew. Though, to be fair, you're still probably right.
Favourite Golders Green shop? :tongue:

Hahaha, you know it. Erm probably White House or something, but I'm the common secular xD so I usually go elsewhere which isn't a rip off. What's your favourite?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jsk800
Hahaha, you know it. Erm probably White House or something, but I'm the common secular xD so I usually go elsewhere which isn't a rip off. What's your favourite?

I live and die for Carmelli's bagels.
I live and die for Carmelli's bagels.

The daughter of the owner used to be my JS teacher xD
Original post by jsk800
The daughter of the owner used to be my JS teacher xD

That's funny. If you're from a Jewish School (unless it's JCOSS) then yes, we probably have mutuals. The day I meet a Jewish youth who doesn't know someone I know will be a sad day.
I'm not gonna tell the world which one I go to, but I used to be at JCoSS, and now I go to probably the easiest one to guess, where everyone knows someone from the school.
probably any university based in a big city
I can only speak for QMUL bur our Jsoc isn't bad, we tend to do a lot of events with other London unis. Bear in mind we don't have a lot of members, I think the biggest London Jsoc is at Kings?
Original post by jsk800
I'm not gonna tell the world which one I go to, but I used to be at JCoSS, and now I go to probably the easiest one to guess, where everyone knows someone from the school.

Does it begin with J and end with S? :P nice talking to ya.
Does it begin with J and end with S? :P nice talking to ya.

There you go, you got it first time, great job!
Original post by arigziegler
I can only speak for QMUL bur our Jsoc isn't bad, we tend to do a lot of events with other London unis. Bear in mind we don't have a lot of members, I think the biggest London Jsoc is at Kings?

Okay, London exempted. I think it's pretty much a given that London would have good JSOC's, seeing as synagogues are everywhere.
Original post by jsk800
There you go, you got it first time, great job!

I smell your sarcasm and I raise my middle finger to it.
I smell your sarcasm and I raise my middle finger to it.

Woah woah, no sarcasm here, it's all cool. I am praising your excellent ability of considering probability :smile:
Original post by jsk800
Woah woah, no sarcasm here, it's all cool. I am praising your excellent ability of considering probability :smile:

Fair enough. I wish I’d gone to J*S, Jewish School would do me good.
Fair enough. I wish I’d gone to J*S, Jewish School would do me good.

Only benefit is that the people are similar to each other. But the level of *****iness is off the charts. However, the Jewish schools are generally above average, so that's a plus ig.
Original post by jsk800
Only benefit is that the people are similar to each other. But the level of *****iness is off the charts. However, the Jewish schools are generally above average, so that's a plus ig.

*****?
Sorry, the forum blurred it. The word rhymes with itchiness and starts with a B.

*****?
Original post by jsk800
Sorry, the forum blurred it. The word rhymes with itchiness and starts with a B.

Gotcha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending