The Student Room Group

RS evaluative skills

I am in Y10 and generally doing well on RS, but am struggling with the evaluation side of things. I can analyse an argument by providing strengths and weaknesses but struggle to give a conclusive evaluation saying why one argument is better than the other.

Any ideas on how to work on this?
Reply 1
If your analyses of strengths and weaknesses are sound then it's simply a case of picking which has the fatal flaw, or which is more or less convincing. Use the analysis you have already done to inform the conclusion.
Reply 2
After explaining a reason why some might believe something, then a reason why others might believe something else, you have to decide which you think is right and give a further reason for that.

If you're still struggling give me an example of a strength and a weakness for something and i'll show you how to add that 3rd part.
Reply 3
hi how do you analyse the strengths and weaknesses as this is what i struggle with
Reply 4
Original post by Hanaf
hi how do you analyse the strengths and weaknesses as this is what i struggle with

Could you give an example of some strengths and weaknesses, then i'll show you how to evaluate them
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending