The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster 2018 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fiddletrio
One counsellor does not mean that everything is rainbows and fairies......people still suffer from mental health issues and the school overlook most of that **** cos they just want good grades. Honestly I'm just going there to get good grades and go to Oxford tbh.

I'm pretty sure that's why everyone is going there.
Original post by Ihatelife2
I'm pretty sure that's why everyone is going there.

Yes; on top of the fact that I hate my secondary school and would not even ponder of the thought of going to their so called 'sixth form'...
Original post by HisMajesty_Kwabz
Yeah, Harris Westminster is run by a business, after all, and the objective of a business is to make money. But I think I wanna join the Student Council and try to investigate this issue more. Mental health is still really important and is just as imperative in a person achieving good grades as hard work.

All academies and schools do follow a business model. I found out in a university that every single student is actually worth money to the school(£4000 they said).
I feel quite scared that my birthday is on the same day as results day.
Yes; on top of the fact that I hate my secondary school and would not even ponder of the thought of going to their so called 'sixth form'...

Yup. I can't even have proper lessons in some of my classes. The people in the class just don't let lessons take place. I want to be in an environment where people actually do care unlike the overwhelming majority of my school.
Original post by Rp3213

That's a sign of good luck :biggrin: that you will get all the grades you want and you will be so happy. Trust me!
Oh yes btw to the other students that do geography what are the grades like overall in their school.
Original post by Rp3213

One of my friends is in the exact same situation as well. Don't worry. You will do well in your GCSEs, not have anything to worry about and enjoy your birthday.
Original post by Rp3213
Oh yes btw to the other students that do geography what are the grades like overall in their school.

On the sheet from the open evening, it says that 37% of the 30 students in 2017 got A*.
Randomly just found it a few minutes ago as well.
Original post by Rp3213

I can answer that! One of the girls I spoke to did Geography. She says that Harris has a different grading system to every other school; it's adapted from the GCSE grades, so it's like 9-1, where 4/5 is a pass, except that there's a Grade 10, which no one has ever gotten. I have a feeling someone here will be the first, though...
Only 5% of the 62 students doing physics got an A*:afraid:
One of my friends is in the exact same situation as well. Don't worry. You will do well in your GCSEs, not have anything to worry about and enjoy your birthday.

Yes but Spanish and geography are definitely not going as planned for me. Oh yes, also the average Spanish grade is a low 4 in our school so we are failing too.

Do you mind checking for essay subjects? (like English, History, Politics etc.)

Lol, the problem in my school is that even in top set there is a large range in grades. There are people getting 9s and some people getting 2s.
Any of you guys doing the IMOK next week? If so - how are you revising for it?
Original post by Rp3213
Lol, the problem in my school is that even in top set there is a large range in grades. There are people getting 9s and some people getting 2s.

Same here. In my last mock, I got:

English: 5
Maths: 4
Science: 5
Geography: 5
French: 3
Drama: 6
Business: B
RE: 7

... and I'm in Set 1 for English and Science/Set 2 for Maths...
Original post by Rp3213
Yes but Spanish and geography are definitely not going as planned for me. Oh yes, also the average Spanish grade is a low 4 in our school so we are failing too.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you. The only people in my class who did well in the mocks for Spanish are the native speakers and this one Italian speaking guy. The rest of us non-native speakers did pretty bad. Only a few people in my class passed. TBH I didn't work hard enough for it but I want to get at least a 7 by the end of the year so I need to start the grind. I only got a 4 in December as well.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by thekidwhogames
Any of you guys doing the IMOK next week? If so - how are you revising for it?

What is IMOK?
What is IMOK?

Intermediate Maths Olympiad
I'm kinda in the same boat as you. The only people in my year who did well in the mocks for Spanish are the native speakers and this one Italian speaking guy. The rest of us non-native speakers did pretty bad. Only a few people in my class passed. TBH I didn't work hard enough for it but I want to get at least a 7 by the end of the year so I need to start the grind. I only got a 4 in December as well.

Our lives are so similar lol.... I need to GRINDDD if I wanna get a 6 in Maths and at least a 4 in French! Then again, you only need 6 Bs/As for Harris so... I'm allowed to flop at least 2 subjects :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest