The Student Room Group

Should i live at university or stay at home? Adult nursing student and mature student

Hi everyone,I'm really torn between moving to university or living at home with my mum, I live in London already and my first and second choices are less than an hour away but I would really like the experience of living at university however, the rent is very high and I don't want to set myself up for a loss.I'm going to be studying adult nursing so i will be on placement a lot of the time and I won't be paid for this leaving me without much time to work to earn money.My mum and I get on well and she is very supportive, but at 21 I find it very embarrassing to still live with her. I recently moved back in after owning my own flat with my boyfriend but it didn't work out and I couldn't afford it on my own so i do miss the independence and freedom of having my own place.All this may sound silly but I don't know anyone at a university. I am also worried about being the oldest living there, is there many older students living in the hall?Any information or advice would be really appreciated especially from a student nurse.Thank you from Elaine!
Original post by NutellaBagel
Hi everyone,I'm really torn between moving to university or living at home with my mum, I live in London already and my first and second choices are less than an hour away but I would really like the experience of living at university however, the rent is very high and I don't want to set myself up for a loss.I'm going to be studying adult nursing so i will be on placement a lot of the time and I won't be paid for this leaving me without much time to work to earn money.My mum and I get on well and she is very supportive, but at 21 I find it very embarrassing to still live with her. I recently moved back in after owning my own flat with my boyfriend but it didn't work out and I couldn't afford it on my own so i do miss the independence and freedom of having my own place.All this may sound silly but I don't know anyone at a university. I am also worried about being the oldest living there, is there many older students living in the hall?Any information or advice would be really appreciated especially from a student nurse.Thank you from Elaine!

Being in halls means being close to the uni and everyone else. People come to education from very different backgrounds and at different stages of life so I wouldn't worry about that. But if your reasons for staying at home are financial that is nothing to be embarrassed about. Everyone's circumstances are different so do what's best for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending