The Student Room Group

Is it too late

I'm bottom set for every topic I have low grades. BUT if I revise effectively everyday could I still pass my GCSE from now?.
Reply 1
Original post by AJ3215000
I'm bottom set for every topic I have low grades. BUT if I revise effectively everyday could I still pass my GCSE from now?.

100% no doubt you could pass every subject. As long as you stay focused and apply yourself you can definitely do it!! Aim high to achieve high :smile: it’s really good that you’re willing to start this early and all the effort you put in will pay off! Good luck!!
I don't think you are I'm in lower set for science and I haven't had good teachers for 2 yrs cuz my teacher left so kept on getting supply and now someone that can't control the class and teach. at the beginning of the yr I decided to teach my self using the cgp book and I used the higher one instead of the foundation- it has much more information than u need but idk I find it better. after that the topics I did do from the cgp book I did so well at in like tests and mock exams but then i stopped cuz like it was too much and I was bored of teaching my self and I regret it. I'm so behind now and my grades are worse than ever. but I still think if u start now and revise everyday also make notes on cue cards everyday of everything u learnt you would improve. And honestly I suggest getting the cgp revision books for subjects you're rly struggling with. ahhh I should start revising too lol
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zahra_2001
I don't think you are I'm in lower set for science and I haven't had good teachers for 2 yrs cuz my teacher left so kept on getting supply and now someone that can't control the class and teach. at the beginning of the yr I decided to teach my self using the cgp book and I used the higher one instead of the foundation- it has much more information than u need but idk I find it better. after that the topics I did do from the cgp book I did so well at in like tests and mock exams but then i stopped cuz like it was too much and I was bored of teaching my self and I regret it. I'm so behind now and my grades are worse than ever. but I still think if u start now and revise everyday also make notes on cue cards everyday of everything u learnt you would improve. And honestly I suggest getting the cgp revision books for subjects you're rly struggling with. ahhh I should start revising too lol

Oml yesssss!! CGP honestly saved my life - we had an awful teacher for bio and physics and would have failed without those revision guides!!
Reply 4

It's not late, it's easily. Too earlyly, in fact.
Original post by zoltek
Oml yesssss!! CGP honestly saved my life - we had an awful teacher for bio and physics and would have failed without those revision guides!!

I need to go back to it XD I just started hating science cuz of teachers lol
Reply 6
Original post by Zahra_2001
I need to go back to it XD I just started hating science cuz of teachers lol

😂😂 don’t I know it, I nearly changed all of my a level subjects to humanities because I was stressed I was going to end up with the same teacher again, luckily I didn’t, and I count my blessing s every time I walk into a lab 😂😂😂

Nowhere near too late. To be fair compared to A-Levels and higher courses, GCSEs is so easy once you know the basics off by heart. And most subjects like English and Humanities are straightforward.
Original post by zoltek
😂😂 don’t I know it, I nearly changed all of my a level subjects to humanities because I was stressed I was going to end up with the same teacher again, luckily I didn’t, and I count my blessing s every time I walk into a lab 😂😂😂

XD I'm in a similar situation all my A level choices now r essay based
you still have time, work hard and you will be fine. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest