The Student Room Group

Missed 3 pills in a row, now on period

Scroll to see replies

simsface
If everyone goes straight to their GP... this board will be empty, no?

Sexual Health forum

health forum

its not a replacement, but its a good way of getting simple questions answered...

Are you suggesting this section of TSR be removed? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting that people refrain from visiting medical professionals, for occasionally vital treatment, in order to protect the longevity of the sexual health section of a student forum?

EVERYONE STOP GOING TO THE GP. WE NEED POSTS DAMNIT.
Any updates OP?
Reply 22
CuteStar*
Any updates OP?

Thanks for asking :smile: yes I carried on my pills as usual and the period stopped completely about a day ago, so all is back to normal so it seems :smile: thank you everyone for your advice and kind words x
Anonymous
Thanks for asking :smile: yes I carried on my pills as usual and the period stopped completely about a day ago, so all is back to normal so it seems :smile: thank you everyone for your advice and kind words x

Im glad everything is okay :smile: dont forget in the future :biggrin:
I've done this before and I just basically made the days I missed the pills part of my 7 day pill-free bit. 7 days of non-pill taking later when my period finished I just started taking the rest of the packet and carried on to the next packet straight away so I had a bit of a longer gap between my periods, that's all. :smile:
Reply 25
MelonFace
Are you suggesting that people refrain from visiting medical professionals, for occasionally vital treatment, in order to protect the longevity of the sexual health section of a student forum?

EVERYONE STOP GOING TO THE GP. WE NEED POSTS DAMNIT.

Nope, I suggest that this is a good way to talk about minor, common problems such as missing a contraceptive pill.
MelonFace
Im not a girl, but

STOP ASKING FOR MEDICAL ADVICE FROM RANDOM STRANGERS AND SEE A DOCTOR IF ONLY FOR A CONSULTATION.

Thankyou, that will be all :smile:

I know it's been pointed out before but consultations take time, money and inconvenience for both the GP and the patient. For a problem such as this, the OP has been told that similar things have happened to others and so - 1) it is reassuring and 2) there is no need for her to visit a GP.

A male example - someone posts on the forum saying that they're concerned that they couldn't get an erection when drunk so they are thinking of going to the GP to talk about impotence problems... obviously unnecessary...
Reply 27
I just had the same thing and without thinking i took all three missed pills in one go . Is this ok? I'm scared I've had way too much hormone .
This is me right now and I’m worried .does it stop after taking them back as normal ?
Reply 29
Original post by Keidonte07
This is me right now and I’m worried .does it stop after taking them back as normal ?

Read the leaflet. Most often it says if you miss 3 or more pills, you should take your 7 day break now and continue as usual from there. Although you won't be protected until you're back on it properly.

If missing pills like that is something that happens often to you. May want to consider contraception that you don't need to remember. Such as the coil or the implant
Reply 30
My period started 2 weeks after one had just finished because I had lost my card of pills and I didn’t take them for 3 days as soon as I had a pill after those 3 days I got my period and it just finished this Wednesday then I got rushed to hospital that same day and didn’t have my pills for another 3 days and now I have my period again. Really confused because idk if i kept bleeding while in hospital and if it did my period has last 10 so far and is still bleeding heavily
Probably withdrawal bleeding from your lack of pills. Your natural hormones have “overthrown” the synthetic ones in the pill, thus making you bleed. Learn your lesson and don’t lose them. Put them next to your toothbrush or somet so you always remember them
These comments have helped me out so much this is the only page I have found useful however do u know how long this period lasts?
literally happening to me right now, even found this post while googling why its happening. Let me know what ended up happening with you ! I feel like im dying lol
How long did you bleed for after mising your pills? I’ve missed 3 and having the same issue
I had the exact same experience on the same days and I’m also anemic have been for several years, if your feeling dizzy, tired and you have pale skin etc I would go to your GP who will give you a blood test to see if your anemic, I then had iron tablets and was okay. As for the pills carry on taking them as normal the period should stop but you will be unprotected so for 7 days should take extra caution when having sex (unless you don’t mind getting pregnant)

Quick Reply

Latest