The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by _Matthew01_
I'm very worried about this exam.

Domt know what to expect.

Same, I crammed all my revision into last night and I am just barely into Crime & Law. I felt the same before the prelim and got 76%. Good thing that I've revised 2 sections fully and source questions are worth a further 26 marks which shouldn't be too hard to get.
Original post by BigManN
Same, I crammed all my revision into last night and I am just barely into Crime & Law. I felt the same before the prelim and got 76%. Good thing that I've revised 2 sections fully and source questions are worth a further 26 marks which shouldn't be too hard to get.

What type of questions do you expect for democracy/world powers?

Happy to help you with with crime and law if you want 😊
Reply 42
What type of questions do you expect for democracy/world powers?

Happy to help you with with crime and law if you want 😊

I personally try to not predict questions as it can be disappointing if you revise a lot for them and then they don't come up. However, my teacher said that she expects there probably won't be a question about pressure groups for Democracy. Think she also said she expects President Powers in the USA section and Children's Hearings in Crime & Law.
Original post by BigManN
I personally try to not predict questions as it can be disappointing if you revise a lot for them and then they don't come up. However, my teacher said that she expects there probably won't be a question about pressure groups for Democracy. Think she also said she expects President Powers in the USA section and Children's Hearings in Crime & Law.

Let's see if you're accurate :smile:

Do you find this website any use?

modernstudiestutor.com
Reply 44
Let's see if you're accurate :smile:

Do you find this website any use?

modernstudiestutor.com

Personally, I have never seen it. I've just been going through all my work and taking notes to refresh my memory.
Original post by BigManN
Personally, I have never seen it. I've just been going through all my work and taking notes to refresh my memory.

I wish you all the best of luck :smile:
Reply 46
What did everybody thing of exam?
Reply 47
Original post by LJANE29
What did everybody thing of exam?

Way better than I expected. Either I went completely wrong somewhere or did something very right. Only 2 people and I left the exam room 10 minutes early and everyone else was still writing up to the last second. I finished Democracy in Scotland in about 6 minutes and got through the KU in about 35 minutes at most. Sources took me up until 15 minutes left and then I left after checking. The questions were really good except from maybe the conclusion source for Democracy in Scotland. Probably just because I didn't revise source questions though.
I found it really difficult! I didn't finish the last question for World Power as I was struggling to find evidence, there was just so much information! No like seriously I found it really hard
Reply 49
Original post by anonymousebonita
I found it really difficult! I didn't finish the last question for World Power as I was struggling to find evidence, there was just so much information! No like seriously I found it really hard

Yeah, me too. Found it very difficult. Not what I had expected.
Anyone got the paper? Can they upload it so I could see it? Cheers :smile:
Original post by BigManN
Way better than I expected. Either I went completely wrong somewhere or did something very right. Only 2 people and I left the exam room 10 minutes early and everyone else was still writing up to the last second. I finished Democracy in Scotland in about 6 minutes and got through the KU in about 35 minutes at most. Sources took me up until 15 minutes left and then I left after checking. The questions were really good except from maybe the conclusion source for Democracy in Scotland. Probably just because I didn't revise source questions though.

Hey! What did you answer roughly for the questions on Scottish Democracy? :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Amelie240102
Hey! What did you answer roughly for the questions on Scottish Democracy? :smile:

I can only remember KU questions. For the first question (Political rights) I talked about protesting (freedom of speech) and voting.

For the second question (why campaigning is effective) I said that membership fees and donations to join parties help get resources for a better campaign, public support on social media and with leaflets and posters. Finally I talked about desireable features of a candidate such as honesty and teamwork skills which persuade voters to vote for them.
(edited 6 years ago)
Were they questions any good this year?
I found the drawing conclusions question was quite difficult, hard to find much evidence. The KU Q's for democracy in scotland were a bit of a joke. I wrote about voting and protesting for the first, and leafletting, canvassing and election broadcasts for the second. Hopefully an A!!
Would I get marks for saying in the Scottish political rights that people can join political parties?
Would I get marks for saying in the Scottish political rights that people can join political parties?

Hopefully!! Because that's what I wrote too... as well as the right to vote :smile:
Hi,

Could you please tell me if police and government responses to crime are the same thing
Thank you so much
Just a quick point, the notes that were listed say that the leader of the Conservatives is David Cameron; Theresa May has been P.M since 2016. Furthermore, the Liberal Democrat leader is Sir Vince Cable.
Original post by A+Hunter
Hey have you guys got any good notes on The USA and Democracy in the UK?

@SocialStudiesETC

Ive been looking everywhere and cant find any good notes, have you tried BBC Bitesize ? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending