The Student Room Group

Holoday with Boyfriend

So me and my boyfriend have been together for a few years now and after my GCSE’s we have booked to go abroad for a week together, he will be 18 at the time and I will be 16, close to 17. My parents and his are both totally okay with it, but just wondering if there will be any problems with flying and checking in, the hotel is in his name as he is the leading passenger. Also wondering will I need to take the credit card it was payed on?
If you are going to a socially liberal place, you should be fine. But some places will have a problem with a 16-year old female who is not accompanied by a parent. All sorts of laws about taking a minor across international borders, especially if it looks like your boyfriend plans on have sex with you. In the states, transporting a minor across state lines (let alone international) for sex is a big-time crime.
holoday
Original post by eyeamnicegirl
If you are going to a socially liberal place, you should be fine. But some places will have a problem with a 16-year old female who is not accompanied by a parent. All sorts of laws about taking a minor across international borders, especially if it looks like your boyfriend plans on have sex with you. In the states, transporting a minor across state lines (let alone international) for sex is a big-time crime.
we are going to Turkey, my boyfriend isn’t transporting me for sex😂 he is only 2 years older than me
Original post by showaeski
holoday

Oops not sure how to change it
Original post by Lottiehopwood
So me and my boyfriend have been together for a few years now and after my GCSE’s we have booked to go abroad for a week together, he will be 18 at the time and I will be 16, close to 17. My parents and his are both totally okay with it, but just wondering if there will be any problems with flying and checking in, the hotel is in his name as he is the leading passenger. Also wondering will I need to take the credit card it was payed on?

i would take the card to be safe. and there shouldn’t be any problems but if you go to spain the police may ask you some questions if he looks much older than you and you look quite young. but it should be fine on the whole. the police thing is unlikely but i thought you should know it’s a possibility
Original post by Lottiehopwood
we are going to Turkey, my boyfriend isn’t transporting me for sex😂 he is only 2 years older than me

Turkey isn't a very liberal place. The "conservative" muslims are taking over. You could get into a mess. As for the transporting for sex, what I mean is if you simply travel with your boyfriend across state lines with sex on the agenda, or you actually get to your destination, have sex, then return home, your boyfriend could be in serious trouble. Sex doesn't have to be the sole reason for the trip; just an activity that occurs while on the trip and that's all it takes. I wouldn't even think about it in a muslim-controlled country. Age difference isn't an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest